Ed Visa Penang

Due to new regulations I have to visit a Thai consulate abroad in order to get a new Ed visa (my 3rd year Thai language class). I guess a lot of students go to Laos? But since I am in Singapore around that time, I am planning to do this in Penang.

Itinerary would be something like: BKK - SIN - PEN - BKK (all air; visa on arrival in Malaysia and Singapore).

Is Penang a safe choice for Ed visa applications? Is the consulate usually crowded?

Dec 5th (a Friday) is a holiday. But the consulate will be open from Dec 1st to the 4th and Dec 8th, right?

The consulate will be open on the dates you mentioned.

Most people use agents in Penang. If you use one you don't even need to go to the consulate.

With all the required documents you will not have a problem getting your visa there. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/contents/files/services-20140508-110623-169095.pdf

I have recently called a visa agent in Penang and wanted to know the costs of the handling of a visa application.

He refused to give any information of the costs, which exposes the applicant into a situation where the agent can ask ANY money once he has the passport in his hands.

Does anyone know of an agent who is transparent with his prices?

Don't try to contact banana guest house. The agent is known for scamming people. One friend recently went there, and the agent asked him for 3500 thb because of some missing piece of documentation. Instead he went to the consulate himself and had no problem whatsoever to get his visa.

Go to Jim's place instead. He's a reliable guy.

Don't try to contact banana guest house. The agent is known for scamming people. One friend recently went there, and the agent asked him for 3500 thb because of some missing piece of documentation. Instead he went to the consulate himself and had no problem whatsoever to get his visa.

Go to Jim's place instead. He's a reliable guy.

Do you the contact info of Jim's place or how much he charges?