13 trafficked Laotian girls, women freed in Chumphon

webfact

13 trafficked Laotian girls, women freed in Chumphon
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A joint police and military team of 30 officers raided a karaoke business in Chumphon yesterday and rescued six underage Laotian girls and seven Laotian women who were trafficked into prostitution in the southern province.

All 13 victims are from Vientiane.

Sojirat Kuyukham, 38, who owns and manages the business, was arrested.

Acting on a tip-off, an official disguised as a customer paid Sojirat Bt1200 for sex at the business. The official went into a room with a girl and phoned the joint team.

They invoked the martial law, which has been effective since May 22, to search the shop without a warrant. The officials seized Bt39,000, condoms, a pistol and five bullets, six bank accounts, two Laotian passports and a mobile phone as evidence.

Sojirat was charged with trafficking underage girls (older than 15 but younger than 18) and the procurement of underage girls into prostitution. Police also searched a nearby house and found 15 bank accounts, six of which belonged to Sojirat, and nine other bank accounts that were in the names of well-known people in Chumphon.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/13-trafficked-Laotian-girls-women-freed-in-Chumpho-30244823.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-06

Everyone, well.., at least 9 influential people in Chumpon, all share in the business........nice people...and no doubt only the business owner will be affected!!

The corruption in Chumpon is as bad as on kho tao. The influential people will be taken care of and protected.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The Thai military should be rounding up these "well-known" Thai people.

But they don't have to do much round u, do they...

It surely include the local high ranking police and military officers, just as any usual larger thai business do.

Thus use of politically correct 'well-known' for now, until the stories/lies established why they kept their bankbooks handily there.

They give the name and age of the low-life, but not of the influential people.

To be fair, their bank books have been found but as yet, no evidence of any criminal act. I know the score of course, but it is better to have some proof before plastering their names everywhere.

• Like 1

Everyone, well.., at least 9 influential people in Chumpon, all share in the business........nice people...and no doubt only the business owner will be affected!!

Because people who traffic 15 year old girls are, generally, quite lovely people.
  • Like 2

To be fair, their bank books have been found but as yet, no evidence of any criminal act. I know the score of course, but it is better to have some proof before plastering their names everywhere.

I make a point of leaving my bankbook with the local pimp/trafficker. Where could be safer?

• Like 1

Cops shutting the competion down. Up here in N. Isaan, most Karaoke girls are Laos, and i would guestimate 35% minimum of the Karaoke joints are either run or owned by coppers. I know of one in particular, that is run/owned by a local policeman and his family actually procure the girls from Laos. All the rest have to pay protection money.

The Thai military should be rounding up these "well-known" Thai people.

Not important...they go for the small soi mafia that makes a few millions......

Or someone who took a bit of the nation park.

That all isn't wrong, but there are big obvious cases which everyone knows since years. Where is the word that they raid Mrs.Yaowapha to check on the corruption on the airport and seized billions.

And surely not only Shinawatras you find some in every political color.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

39,000 Baht
13 girls
1200 baht/sex

39000/13= 3,000

Each girl does 3 times = 3,600

7,800 disappeared mysteriously during the raid.

Dumb post

dumbguy