Thai Smile is No Longer Star Alliance Partner

1BADDAT

If you book a flight on Thai Airways website that is operated by Thai Smile, you may not get the benefits of Star Alliance anymore. I am Star Alliance Gold for United Airlines and before I used to get credit for mileage and be able to enjoy the lounge on THAI Smile flights. Now, as of October 1, they do not recognize star alliance for mileage and lounge access is only for Thai Airway gold card members.

Personally I think this is a big mistake, because now there is not much reason for me to spend more on Thai Airways and I receive very little added benefit.

• Like 1

Really? Thai Airways is still listed on the Stars Alliance website.

THAI Airways is still in Star Alliance. THAI Smile is now separate from THAI Airways,and not a member of Star Alliance. THAI Smile flights now operate under the WE code (no longer TG.)

THAI Airways and THAI Smile are partners, so THAI Airway's Royal Orchid Plus members will still get mileage credit for flights on THAI Smile.

Members of other Star Alliance mileage plans will no longer get credit when using THAI Smile.

• Like 2

THAI Airways is still in Star Alliance. THAI Smile is now separate from THAI Airways,and not a member of Star Alliance. THAI Smile flights now operate under the WE code (no longer TG.)

THAI Airways and THAI Smile are partners, so THAI Airway's Royal Orchid Plus members will still get mileage credit for flights on THAI Smile.

Members of other Star Alliance mileage plans will no longer get credit when using THAI Smile.

Thanks Sam Drucker. How's everything at the Hooterville General Store?

true. before October, the Thai Smile flights had both a Thai smile flight number (WE) as well as a TG flight number. now not anymore. indeed an incredibly stupid decision by the THAI AIRWAYS management but would you expect from these hapless people in the management who are not appointed because of their skills but because of their political connections.

Thanks Sam Drucker. How's everything at the Hooterville General Store?

Glad you caught that. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Sam Drucker