60 Baht Note

Justin_NZ

Hi I missed the boat a little on this one and haven't been able to spot any recently, does anyone know where I can buy a 60 baht note commemorating the King's 60th ascension? Ideally in the Sukhumvit or Silom area.

I'm assuming they are not priced at 60 baht, what is the going rate?

Cheers

Justin

Hi I missed the boat a little on this one and haven't been able to spot any recently, does anyone know where I can buy a 60 baht note commemorating the King's 60th ascension? Ideally in the Sukhumvit or Silom area.

Cheers

Justin

The original price was 100 baht, the balance of the money going to some good cause.

A few days later they were on the market for 200 baht, so god knows what they are going for now.

Cheers

Justin

mbk ground floor shop near bts side. 200B for 1.

Hi

I took someones advice here and went to MBK, found them for 80 Bt each! Cool!!

Hope you bought all of them.

In Chiang Rai people were looking for 200baht for them and that was 1 week after issue.

Hi

I took someones advice here and went to MBK, found them for 80 Bt each! Cool!!

Hope you bought all of them.

In Chiang Rai people were looking for 200baht for them and that was 1 week after issue.

A possibility is that as more time passed since their last payday, they started running out of money and looked for how to get money to tide them over till their next payday. The first thing to go was their nice new 60 Baht note. They started out trying to sell high, but as more and more people started trying to sell and not enough buyers, the price dropped.