More than 70,000 traffic violators arrested in last three months

Lite Beer

More than 70,000 traffic violators arrested in last three months

10-7-2014-8-34-51-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- More than 70,000 traffic violators have been arrested by metropolitan police in the past three months since the launch of a crackdown against six types of traffic violation.

Pol Maj-Gen Adul Narongsak, deputy commissioner of metropolitan police bureau, today that of the over 70,000 violators, more than 19,000 of them committed violations for cutting in front of the other’s cars followed by 17,000 cases of driving in reverse direction and over 4,400 cases of using smart phones of texting while driving.

He maintained that traffic policemen had strictly enforced traffic laws with honesty. He said that publicity campaign would be launched periodically to encourage motorists and motorcyclists to obey traffic laws which, he added, would help reduce accidents.

The six types of traffic violation which have been subjected to crackdown include cutting in front of the other vehicle, driving in reverse direction, texting while driving, road obstruction, crossing traffic lines and counterfeiting.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/70000-traffic-violators-arrested-last-three-months/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-07

• Like 1

I have seen zero change. Cars are still parked wherever the fark they please, bad driving, bikes riding on footpaths etc. Cops think they they can say anything and it will be believed.

Patience my friend!! Remember the general have told us, that bringing "happiness to the people" might take some time. Like a decade or two!whistling.gif

See it as a step in the right direction. Were you able to walk first time you tried, cycling or drinking beer?

Takes a while. How the fark do you think one stringent police action will make all people aware they must obey by the law instantly, TIT.

Yes, agreed, this will take more years untill people start to realise.

Many people nowadays (Chiang Mai) have their helmets on while driving the motorsi. That's a whole new scene compared to 2 years ago and was due to the many road blocks and many people got hit in the wallet.

• Like 2

70.000x300 = 21 million in teamoney + a couple of millions from the headman on Koh Tao. All in all a good couple of months for the honest Thai policeforce!!coffee1.gif

If you're implying "corruption" then why don't you have the testicular fortitude to come forward with EVIDENCE ?

70.000x300 = 21 million in teamoney + a couple of millions from the headman on Koh Tao. All in all a good couple of months for the honest Thai policeforce!!coffee1.gif

If you're implying "corruption" then why don't you have the testicular fortitude to come forward with EVIDENCE ?

Even Tarit at DSI couldn't come up with EVIDECE, so how can JOC

You really must have a low IQ if you think you should ask a TV poster to show he has evidence of police corruption when everyone knows almost every Thai official is corrupt.

eg give me a list of all TV posters who don't agree that most Thai officials are corrupt, I think it will be a short list

Do they actually arrest traffic violators in Thailand or did he mean they ticketed 70,000???

"17,000 cases of driving in reverse direction" nether thought driving in reverse was illegal? maybe he meant driving in the wrong direction in a one way street or the wrong side of a duel carriageway, or even motorway.

Lol, that made me laugh.....

And 69,999 let off with an on the spot fine....whistling.gif

The six types of traffic violation which have been subjected to crackdown include cutting in front of the other vehicle, driving in reverse direction, texting while driving, road obstruction, crossing traffic lines and counterfeiting.

counterfeiting ??? blink.png

Edited by englishoak

i guess most off the pepole comments on this post stay in thailand, if you dont like thailand, then order a one ways ticket home to you nanny state paradise.we do not force you to stay in Thailand, you even chose to come here.

You are not our father.

The derogatory remarks made against the Thai police department over eons in TV and like minded sites , should start alarm bells ringing within the Thai establishment, they also get the stick in their own social media and of course the western press, there seems to be a complete denial that the Thai police department are filled with limited thinking , uneducated, inefficient personal , it is not so much the police, it is the B/S that emits from within their ranks , now 70,000 traffic violators arrested , give me a break, the courts are already banked up with thin skinned politicians laying frivolous charges against one another, when will these be heard.coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

i guess most off the pepole comments on this post stay in thailand, if you dont like thailand, then order a one ways ticket home to you nanny state paradise.we do not force you to stay in Thailand, you even chose to come here.

Relax , after thirty five years associated with Thailand , believe me corruption is at every turn, anyway , to stamp it out would likely spoil the party.

Whether or not what is stated is true, and like many I doubt it, until realistic punishments are handed out then the violations will be continued by those who had to pay a small fine. There is no 'points' system where after so many violations and points deducted one loses their licence so if one is in the wealthy class and can therefore pay the small fine then the violations will continue.

Last year I was pulled over for driving too fast 105 Kmph on a dual carraigeway. After paying the fine I drove away and kept my speed down to about 90Kmph and my wife asked me why am i going so slow now. She said. 'you already have a ticket today for going fast so if stopped show the receipt for the fine' I didn't understand so she explained that you can only be fined once a day for going too fast!!!! I suppose this is the same as being stopped for not wearing a hat while driving a motorbike. You get fined then alowed to drive away committing the same offence.

Here in my province road blocks are set up late morning and the locals know this and where they are likely to be so they either where their hats or divert to miss the checkpoint. it is quite noticeable that in the mornings the majority wear a hat but in the afternoons it goes back to normal with at least 80% not wearing the hat and driving past the poilce sitting in their 'little boxes'. They know they won't be stopped.

I also do not see the point in being stopped at a checkpoint to see if you have a valid driving licence and then not checking your insurance is valid.

OPEN YOUR EYES...!!!!!!!!

After looking at the pic again I see...three cops and five media reps scrutinizing, taking notes (and filming) the wheel of a car that has run into a miniature garden hoe carelessly left in a soi. Why???

1) Slow news day? (one guy has a Thai PBS shirt)

2) Good photo op? (any publicity is good publicity) Erm, forget that...

3) Restoring 'Peace and Happiness'? (no comment )

post-74977-0-98533400-1412730174_thumb.j

Please correct me if I've misinterpreted this situation w00t.gif

Edited by cloghead
  • Like 1

No this forums is available all over the interweb, not Thaicentric. So all these comments are seen by everyone - is that a problem for you? Would you like to censor TV so it's only available in Thailand?

By the way - why are the BIB being offered a 'REWARD' for not accepting bribes? And that's from their chief... facepalm.gif