Koh Tao murder report: Prosecutors seek changes

webfact

"However, both suspects insisted [to me] that they had committed the crimes," said the human-rights commissioner.

Just asking but..........does that statement not sound really strange to you ? I mean insisted ? blink.png

Do you think he was speaking English? Or that it was a translation?

Do you think the English translator should know the difference between insist and admit ? there are also Thai words that mean very different and dont forget the Rights commissioner there being quoted is Thai.... and btw its the only rights group whos saying that, Halls isnt and nor are the lawyers

Or do you think just maybe they were insisting on something quite different and the translator or reporter put it down wrong or failed to translate on paper the rest of it in the first place...

In a guilt or life and death situation, most would usually only insist on innocence or some other mitigating circumstance, such as others involved or separating one crime from another as an example would be... by insisting they did that ok, but not the other thing etc

I think they were probably insisting alight but not at their guilt to being the sole 2 murderer/rapists....

LOL... I think there was a reporter not a certified translator there... And that you are being willfully obstinate. Apparently one of the lawyers did say it.

Would that be a Rakhine speaker with a Rohingya roti seller translating or being absent or would that be a Thai reporter who also cant understand Rakhine reporting whatever they want ?

If a lawyer said it link please, because its clear in all reports ive seen it was the Thai human rights commissioner that said it.

Edited by englishoak

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"However, both suspects insisted [to me] that they had committed the crimes," said the human-rights commissioner.

Just asking but..........does that statement not sound really strange to you ? I mean insisted ? blink.png

Do you think the English translator should know the difference between insist and admit ? there are also Thai words that mean very different and dont forget the Rights commissioner there being quoted is Thai.... and btw its the only rights group whos saying that, Halls isnt and nor are the lawyers

Or do you think just maybe they were insisting on something quite different and the translator or reporter put it down wrong or failed to translate on paper the rest of it in the first place...

In a guilt or life and death situation, most would usually only insist on innocence or some other mitigating circumstance, such as others involved or separating one crime from another as an example would be... by insisting they did that ok, but not the other thing etc

I think they were probably insisting alight but not at their guilt to being the sole 2 murderer/rapists....

LOL... I think there was a reporter not a certified translator there... And that you are being willfully obstinate. Apparently one of the lawyers did say it.

Would that be a Rakhine speaker with a Rohingya roti seller translating or being absent or would that be a Thai reporter who also cant understand Rakhine reporting whatever they want ?

If a lawyer said it link please, because its clear in all reports ive seen it was the Thai human rights commissioner that said it.

It would be a reporter listening to the HRC guy

The CSI website has put up a since deleted article from ThaiRath where an expert picks holes in the CCTV pics presented by a certain person who swears he was in BKK when the murders took place

"This online article by ThaiRath online has been deleted shortly after it was published. In this article, the CCTV expert points out that the date and time on CCTV was doctored and manipulated.

Why do they have to delete this article just to protect one family?"

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3AmySfDizcrxsJ%3Awww.thairath.co.th%2Fcontent%2F455496+&cd=1&hl=th&ct=clnk&gl=th

• Like 2

How is it known that the sex wasn't consensual?

Jumping to conclusions? Racism at work here?

These are all merely allegations until proven in a court of law.

Edited by Obb

I won't post his entire post because it's long. But it's #291, you can scroll up to read it.

Welcome to ThaiVisa, Krenjai. The scenario you put forth (or the person you quoted) sincs very closely with the scenario I put together a few days ago - having followed every thread and outside threads since the story broke. You even added a few items which I couldn't have known (because the cops purposefully try to hide any clues which point to the Headman's clan and their friends), but which could be corroborated if investigators did a half assed job.

I think the 2 minutes missing cctv footage might be of interest to them ! The confusion over the shorts the Burmese were wearing ie: in photo of the three of them on motorbike all dark, in cctv light colour .

Also the tampered cctv of one of the Ac guys in college Bkk, just to mention a few !

Funny, the 'shorts' is one of many items which cops only mentioned in the initial phase of the investigation. Now that it doesn't corroborate with the frame up, they don't mention it.

So they admitted having sex with her , they admitted they did the crime to a human right official...I'm still confused why so many people still defend them ??

If you don't know modus operandi of Thai cops, then try to get educated. There are thousands of posts on this topic, and dozens of them articulate parts of the sordid history of Thai cops framing poor Burmese or Hill tribers, in order to shield a guilty cop or a rich Thai. It's embedded in the fabric of Thai society. That's why a majority of Thai who are following this case are convinced it's a frame-up, and a sloppy one at that. Edited by boomerangutang

So your saying either the reporter misquoted the HRC person for some reason or the Thai reporter quoted accurately and the HRC being Thai was making the mistake in wording?

So no lawyer said it then and no link so beck it up ? ... come on its important, if a defence lawyer was to say that about their client to the media........ beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

So your saying either the reporter misquoted the HRC person for some reason or the Thai reporter quoted accurately and the HRC being Thai was making the mistake in wording?

So no lawyer said it then and no link so beck it up ? ... come on its important, if a defence lawyer was to say that about their client to the media........ beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

I

No I am saying a Thai reporter listened to a Thai speaker and translated using a synonym you don't like.

The second section of your reply -- non sequitor

It's extremely unlikely it was, but that's not the main issue. The main reason this is such a big deal is two young Brits were brutally murdered. Now the focus is partly on the framing of two Burmese guys - which mandates that those who should be the prime suspects, continue to run free.

Speaking of sex, date rape drugs are not uncommon where youngsters conjugate at beach resorts. A scenario was painted, in post #291, which adds date-rape drugs to the mix. To me it sounds entirely believable. Unfortunately, police investigators won't be pursuing that that issue because it doesn't fit with their desired scenario which precludes involvement of the headman's male family members and their friends (none of whom are suspects at this time.)

The Thai so called human rights commissioner should be sacked on the spot.

Absolutely disgusting abuse of the position.

Why what happened ?

Releasing a statement claiming the two Burmese men said they were guilty.

Well it turns out they are saying nothing of the sort.

Really have to say its beyond farcical.

Gets hard to remember who said what, a lot of conflicting information. Personally I would like to see Amnesty International push a little harder given their global status and direct links to the UN.

Edited by Expat Girl

The Thai so called human rights commissioner should be sacked on the spot.

Absolutely disgusting abuse of the position.

Why what happened ?

Releasing a statement claiming the two Burmese men said they were guilty.

Well it turns out they are saying nothing of the sort.

Really have to say its beyond farcical.

Gets hard to remember who said what, a lot of conflicting information. Personally I would like to see Amnesty International push a little harder given their global status and direct links to the UN.

The side which is supposed to push the hardest in this particular case is the British government. What kind of a message they are sending to other British nationals around the globe? It appears that the message is we don't give flying monkeys what happens to all of you.

Anyway has anyone mentioned it before that those two accused might have actually witnessed the crime and people who committed it? Just saying.

Edited by Mackie

The CSI website has put up a since deleted article from ThaiRath where an expert picks holes in the CCTV pics presented by a certain person who swears he was in BKK when the murders took place

"This online article by ThaiRath online has been deleted shortly after it was published. In this article, the CCTV expert points out that the date and time on CCTV was doctored and manipulated.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3AmySfDizcrxsJ%3Awww.thairath.co.th%2Fcontent%2F455496+&cd=1&hl=th&ct=clnk&gl=th

you find the answer to that if you read some reply to that post,

Even if it wan't, the two suspects readily admit their guilt so it would not be difficult to have them explain themselves to a Native speaker/interpreter.

how they did it, the way they did it, who they did it with, and why they did it, does not alter the fact that they still claim that they did it, so they are guilty regardless of how sweet people want to make it seem, if somebody rapes and kills a person, would it make a difference if they said please first, they are guilty and they do not deny that, so lets stop worrying about the minor details, like I killed him with a stick, but it was not that stick, etc etc

If you insist on joining the debate, might I suggest you keep abreast of the current status of events.

Their 'so called' confessions have now been officially retracted, as they were extracted (as many of us had already suspected) under extreme duress such as beatings, scaldings and threat of electrocution.

So if a forced confession under torture is classified by yourself as being 'guilty'... Then the knowledge that said confessions were beaten out of them (or into them) must by default make them 'not guilty' under your very reasoning.

So the photos of the two on the beach in helmets and vests was taken within 1-2 days of their confession?

Typically a bruise gets more discolored after 24-24 hours, yet there are no visible bruises at all on either man. Not even one. Not to say they weren't roughed up but if they suffered "extreme duress" and "torture" I do wish there was some small evidence of corroboration,

Edited by ClutchClark

Sean Mcanna is alive with time on his hands to write songs. He uploaded two new songs to his soundcloud four days ago: "Johnny" and "wrong leg, right wing"

People are adding comments to these songs on soundcloud, urging him to issue a full statement.I urge others to do the same thing.

https://soundcloud.com/seanmcanna

Does he know anything?

Please Sean. Stop being cryptic and illusive and release a full statement about what you know/or don't know.

(And please god speak up about the case or it will just look like you are cynically exploiting the current public interest in you to promote your music)

Of course he is. The guy's a self centered idiot. He couldn't wait to get his face in front of the TV and prate on about how well he knew and loved David and what a great guy he was etc. It was an ill timed and tasteless jump on the bandwagon. The victims 'real' close friends were in total shock and suffering and never gave interviews. Sean MCanna may be a creep but he probably isn't dangerous.

However he 'did' get on the wrong side of the bar family for being too talkative and might well have made an excellent scapegoat.

If Sean knows stuff there is noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo way he will come back as a witness, noooooooooooooooooo way, unless perhaps he is given UK protection 24/7..............

Prison? tongue.png

It does sound like everyone has something to hide on that island. These guys could have done this many times before, but this time it went wrong and someone got murdered.

Date rape drugs are scary, girls may have had bad experiences before but who would they report it to? The attackers buddy? His enabler? The police tasked with protecting them in the first place?

Who did they protect in this case...?

OK, so you are saying that many farang women have been given date rape drugs and then have been raped by numerous individuals on KT frequently but none of them have ever thought to report the rape because...why exactly?

Sean has crucial info on the case posting on FB knowing who did it, saying they were going to hang him! Have you seen the photos of his cuts on his arm and the guitar sprayed with blood all over it? That was a lot of blood!! He lied about how he got the cut. Why does a RTP let a guy go who has a guitar in his hands full with blood? Who has injuries himself? Who posted on Facebook he was going to get killed? Who worked in the AC bar? He is a key witness who knows something, possibly he is even involved! So what do you do? Right, you let him go!

• Like 2

I posted this on another thread, so hope its ok to duplicate on this one...

For anyone interested, the CSI LA page spotted that Sean McAnna uploaded two songs to Soundcloud on 4th October, so it looks like he's alive, unless someone has access to his stuff - https://soundcloud.com/seanmcanna

There are some interesting lyrics in the track 'Johnny' - 1:38 "I'm still waiting at the hotel bar. They beg of you, but they don't need you, still they won't let you go. And I, I, so near so far...'. Might be nothing, but could be a message in there somewhere.

What a lot of rubbish is being put out on here about Saun MCanna!

No big mystery at all. He was in the company of UK media journalists shortly after the convenience store incident until he left the Island and gave a number of interviews to the UK press. It was later reported by those sources that he had left Thailand safely and gone to his girlfriend in Italy. His sister also confirmed that on Facebook before she shut the page down as advised by the UK FO.

All this nonsense about him being in sinister cahoots with Mon and co to set up gang rapes is complete fantasy concocted out of mindless gossip. The guy is just a very young over dramatic attention seeking spliff smoking musician. Thailand and the cheap backpacking circuit is full of them world over.

ALL friends of the victims would have been advised to keep any evidential statements quiet as their testimony could be highly relevant in obtaining convictions at the correct time. Spewing their guts to media or anywhere else for the titillation and entertainment of a load of ghoulish morons pawing over their friends awful deaths would be of no value to them.

Seriously, get a grip people.

Not sure why you quoted my post. Did I write anything about Sean being sinister?

I posted it because there have been a flurry of posts overnight asking whether he's alive etc etc. His recent web activity suggests he might be. Re the lyrics, I'm a vocalist and part of my job is to analyse lyrics that I have to sing. There could be a message in there, or there might not.

I think a lot of the posts made about him being sinister are imaginitive at best, but then I don't live on the island and nor do I know him. However, I personally think it was an utter disgrace for that Scottish newspaper to print that article about his criminal background which resulted in him being branded a paedo and going silent at what was potentially the most crucial time for him to talk. I suspect it has also played a huge part in fueling this 'Sinister Sean' fire. If anyone would have taken the time to try and understand his conviction before judging him, it would have soon become clear that it was not quite as the paper reported.

His moral conviction or his criminal conviction?

It's extremely unlikely it was, but that's not the main issue. The main reason this is such a big deal is two young Brits were brutally murdered. Now the focus is partly on the framing of two Burmese guys - which mandates that those who should be the prime suspects, continue to run free.

Speaking of sex, date rape drugs are not uncommon where youngsters conjugate at beach resorts. A scenario was painted, in post #291, which adds date-rape drugs to the mix. To me it sounds entirely believable. Unfortunately, police investigators won't be pursuing that that issue because it doesn't fit with their desired scenario which precludes involvement of the headman's male family members and their friends (none of whom are suspects at this time.)

regarding date-rape drugs, drugs in general. Of course the forensics have done drug checks on Hanna's body.

Did anybody read about the results?

If Sean knows stuff there is noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo way he will come back as a witness, noooooooooooooooooo way, unless perhaps he is given UK protection 24/7..............

Prison? tongue.png

It does sound like everyone has something to hide on that island. These guys could have done this many times before, but this time it went wrong and someone got murdered.

Date rape drugs are scary, girls may have had bad experiences before but who would they report it to? The attackers buddy? His enabler? The police tasked with protecting them in the first place?

OK, so you are saying that many farang women have been given date rape drugs and then have been raped by numerous individuals on KT frequently but none of them have ever thought to report the rape because...why exactly?
Because they are scared of local repercussions. I saw this first hand on two occasions on the other coast, neither went to the police. Left the island in shame, and scarred for life. Good enough for you?

I still don't understand why they would not just leave KT and get treatment in koh samui then?

Prison? tongue.png

Because the police either did not listen or if they did, "forgot" about it immidiately.

If what has been reported about Koh Tao police is true

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 2

#7 in that picture is an interesting point i hadn't noticed before. If that red strip is going across, the sliding door is closed. But then why isn't the white line going across the bottom. It should look like that if the door is open. The red line doesn't seem to be a background item, but i can't zoom in to see for sure.

And that's not a bent photo. The time stamp is the only curved part of that photo.

I posted this on another thread, so hope its ok to duplicate on this one...

For anyone interested, the CSI LA page spotted that Sean McAnna uploaded two songs to Soundcloud on 4th October, so it looks like he's alive, unless someone has access to his stuff - https://soundcloud.com/seanmcanna

There are some interesting lyrics in the track 'Johnny' - 1:38 "I'm still waiting at the hotel bar. They beg of you, but they don't need you, still they won't let you go. And I, I, so near so far...'. Might be nothing, but could be a message in there somewhere.

What a lot of rubbish is being put out on here about Saun MCanna!

No big mystery at all. He was in the company of UK media journalists shortly after the convenience store incident until he left the Island and gave a number of interviews to the UK press. It was later reported by those sources that he had left Thailand safely and gone to his girlfriend in Italy. His sister also confirmed that on Facebook before she shut the page down as advised by the UK FO.

All this nonsense about him being in sinister cahoots with Mon and co to set up gang rapes is complete fantasy concocted out of mindless gossip. The guy is just a very young over dramatic attention seeking spliff smoking musician. Thailand and the cheap backpacking circuit is full of them world over.

ALL friends of the victims would have been advised to keep any evidential statements quiet as their testimony could be highly relevant in obtaining convictions at the correct time. Spewing their guts to media or anywhere else for the titillation and entertainment of a load of ghoulish morons pawing over their friends awful deaths would be of no value to them.

Seriously, get a grip people.

Not sure why you quoted my post. Did I write anything about Sean being sinister?

I posted it because there have been a flurry of posts overnight asking whether he's alive etc etc. His recent web activity suggests he might be. Re the lyrics, I'm a vocalist and part of my job is to analyse lyrics that I have to sing. There could be a message in there, or there might not.

I think a lot of the posts made about him being sinister are imaginitive at best, but then I don't live on the island and nor do I know him. However, I personally think it was an utter disgrace for that Scottish newspaper to print that article about his criminal background which resulted in him being branded a paedo and going silent at what was potentially the most crucial time for him to talk. I suspect it has also played a huge part in fueling this 'Sinister Sean' fire. If anyone would have taken the time to try and understand his conviction before judging him, it would have soon become clear that it was not quite as the paper reported.

Yours was just the last I'd seen at that point in a long line of highly speculative posts about Sean MCanna that's all.

Re the 'paedo' conviction. His sister had also addressed that before the whole page was wiped: According to her he had underage porn content on a computer which he had come across inadvertently and that he would not have accepted the conviction but argued the case if he had realised what a dreadful stain it would place on him ever after. For what it's worth the laws interest in MCanna is probably drug related rather than anything else IMO.

#7 in that picture is an interesting point i hadn't noticed before. If that red strip is going across, the sliding door is closed. But then why isn't the white line going across the bottom. It should look like that if the door is open. The red line doesn't seem to be a background item, but i can't zoom in to see for sure.

And that's not a bent photo. The time stamp is the only curved part of that photo.

Send someone to that door and take photoes, door open, door closed ... immidiately before anybody has the chance to "get it right"

Edited by sweatalot