canon camera download software

Showbags

You do not need any special Canon software to read your memory card - just insert and read with whatever program you want to use for viewing photos. I use my normal copy of Picasa 3 for this (and have a Canon camera).

If you want Canon support Singapore is a good location as in English and software can be downloaded easily.

http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/?personal

You can usually download software from the manufacturers website.

Canon Thailand

Canon USA

Or you can use 3rd party software that may be better suited to Professional Digital Work Flow.

Most digital cameras don't require any special software -- when you plug the camera into a USB port on a computer it usually gets configured to act as a flash memory device, allowing you to Copy, Move, Delete back and forth at will.

The nice thing about special software is automatic device recognition, organizing the data transfer, and setting up for quick printing.

Or just forget the cable and remove card when you want to read/transfer. Card is easy enough to remove from most cameras to make it not more of an issue than attaching a cable to two places. But believe you will have to use the cable to activate Canon software if you want to use that.

As others has stated, you don't really need the Canon software to upload your pictures to your PC. Just connecting the camera with the USB will show it as another drive, or take out the SD card and plug it into an SD card reader ( a few baht at Pantip). Having said that, I find the software that Canon supplies with their cameras a real value. The Canon autostich utility, to name one, has proven itself better that Photoshop plugin for me. There is a host of other utilities on that disk, like RAW format processor, and remote control for your camera, if the camera firmware supports that, to name a few. But what utilities you can use depends on you camera. If you have a midrange EOS and up you're all go.

The Canon utility CD is not easy to find on the Canon website. At the moment, my internet connection can't even connect to canon.com so can't give you a link, and it might depend on your camera too. But you should be able to download individual utilities from the Canon website just following Support/Download links there.

• Like 1

Here is a link, although as others have said, you really don't need it... Just a card reader and as Lopburi13 mentions and use Picasa 3 (free down load)

http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/?personal

Just click Digital camera (Pink camera on top right) and then choose the camera type... from the drop down menu... looks pretty easy to do! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Sorry Samuijimmy but I will tell him:

It's because it's indirect about photographing and amateur photographers are mostly nice/clam people.

Just go to the photographing topic and see, no slagging of other members posted photos but good advises if they ask for it.

The photo topic could be a text book example how a nice forum should be, now try motor & bike forum but bring your bullet prof vest and Kevlar combat helmet or you will be shot down in flamesbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Depends on what "Ok, did it" means.

If you copy the files 'manually', then it is up to you to choose where the files are copied, or moved, to.

If you allowed the OS image discovery wizard to copy/move the files from the Camera then you'll need to see if the wizard software can be custom configured.

I generally don't like the OS image discovery wizard as it wants to rename the files when copy/moved, so I chose to disable it from running and I move the files manually into a single folder and later move the images into either dated or specific event named folders.

Did you look on the manufacturers website to see if the included camera programs can be downloaded over the 'net?

It simply opened as a new drive, gave me no options for anything and could only select and copy or move....i kinda liked them in dated files, then i could put them all into a monthly and yearly file....usually the pics taken at an event are on same day, or over few days altogether, so then easy to find for specific event.......anyway, never mind to much as plan to replace this camera soonish, important this is they are now downloaded and saved....so thanks.

I understand what Showbags is saying, once you get used to one way of organizing pictures, it's difficult to readjust to a different one. Canon apps, athough basic, make it easy to catalog your pics. As said before. Just go to the canon.com website. Select your camera, and from Support & Downloads link you can download all the individual apps available on the Canon CD. And all the latest versions too...

Here is the link for EOS-M, http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_M.aspx , you probably want the ImageBrowser for downloading and cataloging. If your camera is an Ixus or PowerShot, just follow their download link, but I think it's the same utility for all Canon cameras.

• Like 1

It's because it's indirect about photographing and amateur photographers are mostly nice/clam people.

Just go to the photographing topic and see, no slagging of other members posted photos but good advises if they ask for it.

The photo topic could be a text book example how a nice forum should be, now try motor & bike forum but bring your bullet prof vest and Kevlar combat helmet or you will be shot down in flamesbiggrin.png

Ya, spot on Guzzi rider. I stopped posting in the motorbike forum, just not worth the agro....

Ya, spot on Guzzi rider. I stopped posting in the motorbike forum, just not worth the agro....

Me too on the bike forum ! .... and a few other parts of this forum...facepalm.gifbah.gif

But getting back to the OP's question on dates, Lopburi3 already suggested it .... down load Picasa, it will give dates and all kinds of information.... also a good way to back up images... tons of free storage space, too thumbsup.gif

Edited by samuijimmy