Double Entry Tourist Visa

help needed though i can imagine its been posted 1000 times on thaivisa. i arrived on 8th nov 2014 below the stamp it says jan 6th 2015. then on my visa sticker stamp it says feb 2 2015.. my flight leaves thailand back home 20th march.. do i need to leave thailand before 6th january to gain 30 days or will i need to leave to another country to enter again before feb 2nd.. sorry for asking same old question.. just slightly confused on the 30 day extension bizniz. and then staying until 20th march.. i dont want to mess this up ! Thanks in advance for your help !!

You must leave the country by January 6th or apply for a 30 day extension at an immigration office on or before that date.

You will not be able to apply for the extension until the 5th unless you go today. After today immigration will be closed until then.

The date on your visa is the last day you could use your visa for entry (enter before date).

I assume you only have a single entry tourist visa.

After the 30 day extension ends you have the choice of getting another tourist visa or leave and get a visa exempt entry. You will get 30 days by air or 15 days by land unless you are from G7 country which would allow you to get 30 days. Then you could apply for a 30 day extension at immigration of that entry.

• Like 1

nah i thought i had it i dont ..

1.visa class stamp TR. i arrived 8th nov.2014 Then below that it says admitted 6th jan 2015

2. my double entry visa states enter before 2nd feb 2015

3. if i wish to stay in thailand up until 2nd feb can i do so without visa issues or do i need to leave on 6th january.

4. is the 30 day extension added automatically once i am stamped at the airport on my arrival too thailand.

Thanks for you help.. i understand this once i read through all the answers for the third time. im just confused on the stamp date and the date i have on my visa sticker ! Thanks in advance for your help

1. That is the 60 entry the tourist visa allows. The 6th of January is the date you must leave the country.

2. That is the date you must use your 2nd entry by.

3. If you want to stay in the country until the 2nd of February to use your 2nd entry you must apply for a 30 day extension at an immigration office and pay a 1900 baht fee for it.

4. Since you have a 2 entry visa you will stamped into the country for another 60 days as long as you do it on or before February 2nd. After the 2nd of February you would only get a visa exempt entry that can be 30 day by air or 15 days by land. You do not get an extension on entry to the country.

The stamped date is the date your are permitted to stay in the country. The date on your visa is the expiration date of your visa. It says enter before and that is what it means and nothing more. It is not how long you can stay in the country.

• Like 1

nah i thought i had it i dont ..

1.visa class stamp TR. i arrived 8th nov.2014 Then below that it says admitted 6th jan 2015

2. my double entry visa states enter before 2nd feb 2015

3. if i wish to stay in thailand up until 2nd feb can i do so without visa issues or do i need to leave on 6th january.

4. is the 30 day extension added automatically once i am stamped at the airport on my arrival too thailand.

Thanks for you help.. i understand this once i read through all the answers for the third time. im just confused on the stamp date and the date i have on my visa sticker ! Thanks in advance for your help

1. That is the 60 entry the tourist visa allows. The 6th of January is the date you must leave the country.

2. That is the date you must use your 2nd entry by.

3. If you want to stay in the country until the 2nd of February to use your 2nd entry you must apply for a 30 day extension at an immigration office and pay a 1900 baht fee for it.

4. Since you have a 2 entry visa you will stamped into the country for another 60 days as long as you do it on or before February 2nd. After the 2nd of February you would only get a visa exempt entry that can be 30 day by air or 15 days by land. You do not get an extension on entry to the country.

The stamped date is the date your are permitted to stay in the country. The date on your visa is the expiration date of your visa. It says enter before and that is what it means and nothing more. It is not how long you can stay in the country.

Thank you !!