Looking for s/h active speakers in BKK

CarlBkk

Does anyone have any leads on a good secondhand system or active speakers being sold please? Been looking for 2 months and demoed new Elacs, Kefs, Swans but none have really been good enough to make me spend 30,000 baht.

Mr Balance has overpriced his kit so I had to rule out some Meridian D600 and JBL L12 speakers, so as space is limited I've run out of places to look.

My only experience with active speakers is with recording studio monitors, that require balanced inputs. For 30K or less, the first ones I'd recommend would be the JBL LSR305 / LSR308 - not sure if this is the type of thing you're looking for though.

Thanks, I'm open to listen to studio monitors...after all Event Opals which I heard gave many more expensive passive/amp home hifi combinations a real challenge.

I wonder if I can find those jbls in Bangkok?

There's still no mention of them of the Mahajak Pro website, so it looks like they're not yet officially imported into TH. I auditioned mine in the 'states, and bought via Ebay when they actually became available. Best performance per dollar of any speaker I've ever heard.

If you're game to spend a little to put your "toe in the water" the LSR305's can be had for about 13K Baht per pair, including shipping and import duties from ebay. If they don't work out for your application, I'm sure you'll still love them as PC speakers ;)