Blocked Hotmail account

TheCruncher

I have a hotmail account that was blocked by hotmail approx 3 years ago for sending out unsolicited spam.

I didn't use that account anymore 6 months prior to the blocking, and had all mail automatically forwarded to my gmail account with the same username and that email also entered as alternative email address in case of password problems.

However I didn't use the account anymore there are still a lot of mails in the inbox that are valuable to me.

So ever since when I try to unblock it, I get a new password sent to my gmail account. With this password I can reset my hotmail account, and even get a confirmation message that it is unblocked.

Then, as soon as I try to log in for the first time I get a screen that possibly others have used my account and that they need to verify my identity.

I get a computer generated questionnaire which asks for my secret question, alternative email, people I know that are in my address book, my birthday and whatever more.

I fill them all in after which I get a message that they still don't have enough information to verify that me is me, and that for my safety they have now blocked my account.facepalm.gif

So this is going on for years now, with always the same result. The fact only that my current email address is set as forwarding address AND alternative email address would already be enough to verify my identity I guess.

Of course there is no way to contact hotmail support by email as all are computer generated support pages. I have contacted Outlook support through their feedback page using my current email address, which they are very well aware of, and asked if they can help me out reactivating my account.

They don't even bother to respond.

Anyone who can give me suggestions as how to get it reactivated?

If you are trying to recover an account while using an Internet Connection located in ASIA, that may create a problem.

You may need to use a PROXY SERVICE that allows you to connect with an IP address associated with your home country (or the country you originally used when creating the Hotmail account). There are several browser-based extensions that allow you to quickly do this for free.

But first, try looking over this Technical Forum thread: My Hotmail account is hacked, can't login now. How can I recover my Hotmail account?

More likely, some of the verification data you're submitting doesn't match what is currently stored with the account.

• Like 1

Thanks have gone till option B many times, only to receive an email that they need more info. I'm sure that all info I enter is correct, and I enter every field excluding billings info.

Option A usually succeeds, but after I have successfully reset the account, and log in I get redirected to Option B.

Will try out option C tomorrow.

Email I just receive minutes after going through option B for 3765478th time

Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.

We have taken the additional step of blocking your account

Edited by TheCruncher

If Hotmail is like a few companies I know, then receiving a new password means zip. The computer password replacement service is probably not linked to their data base of blocked accounts. It's only when you try to access the site using your latest password that a check is made and when Hotmail sees your account is blocked, end of story. If you were bulk e-mailing before and deemed a spammer then I wouldn't waste one more second on this as Hotmail will not be allowing you back in to your account. If you were unjustly accused e.g. your account or server were compromised, then a court order or going through some outside complaints procedure is the only way I can ever see you getting your account back. Once a spammer always a spammer is the view many companies take, so a real person will never respond to you. After three years I wouldn't be surprised if Hotmail has long since erased all those e-mails you are after anyway.

If Hotmail is like a few companies I know, then receiving a new password means zip. The computer password replacement service is probably not linked to their data base of blocked accounts. It's only when you try to access the site using your latest password that a check is made and when Hotmail sees your account is blocked, end of story. If you were bulk e-mailing before and deemed a spammer then I wouldn't waste one more second on this as Hotmail will not be allowing you back in to your account. If you were unjustly accused e.g. your account or server were compromised, then a court order or going through some outside complaints procedure is the only way I can ever see you getting your account back. Once a spammer always a spammer is the view many companies take, so a real person will never respond to you. After three years I wouldn't be surprised if Hotmail has long since erased all those e-mails you are after anyway.

Hotmail is very well aware that my account was compromised, and they informed me about that.

The account isn't erased since I can reset the password and they know about my alternate email address, since they automatically send my new password there.

If you are trying to recover an account while using an Internet Connection located in ASIA, that may create a problem.

You may need to use a PROXY SERVICE that allows you to connect with an IP address associated with your home country (or the country you originally used when creating the Hotmail account). There are several browser-based extensions that allow you to quickly do this for free.

But first, try looking over this Technical Forum thread: My Hotmail account is hacked, can't login now. How can I recover my Hotmail account?

More likely, some of the verification data you're submitting doesn't match what is currently stored with the account.

I have been in contact for several days with a moderator from Microsoft support as suggested as final solution in the link you provided.

To communicate with them I used the email that is registered as alternate email in the blocked account, and was also set as mail forwarding address. So by that they would have already enough to verify that I'm the rightful owner of the account.

Additionally I have answered all their questions as like my secret question, birth date, location details, people I had emailed from the account lately and whatever. In fact there is no question I left unanswered.

Still they tell me that they have not enough proof to identify that I'm the rightful owner of the account.

On my questions what other information I can provide to them, they answer with split tongue.

I have informed them that I consider Microsoft a bunch of self authorized <deleted> and that in the future I will avoid registering with any service that can be linked to Microsoft if possible.

I now have no access to the support request anymore, which proofs my above statement. smile.png

[...]

I have been in contact for several days with a moderator from Microsoft support as suggested as final solution in the link you provided.

[...] I have answered all their questions as like my secret question, birth date, location details, people I had emailed from the account lately and whatever. In fact there is no question I left unanswered.

Still they tell me that they have not enough proof to identify that I'm the rightful owner of the account.

When I wrote, "More likely, some of the verification data you're submitting doesn't match what is currently stored with the account.", I was inferring that either the account information was either 'blanked' or 'changed' while it was hacked -- so the answers you gave would no longer be viable for recovery.

If this had been a PAID service to which you subscribed the outcome would probably have been different.

Good for you that you went through the steps and made the attempt. Unfortunately there were conditions for the release of the account that were not or could not be met. Unfortunate.

[...]

[...] I have answered all their questions as like my secret question, birth date, location details, people I had emailed from the account lately and whatever. In fact there is no question I left unanswered.

When I wrote, "More likely, some of the verification data you're submitting doesn't match what is currently stored with the account.", I was inferring that either the account information was either 'blanked' or 'changed' while it was hacked -- so the answers you gave would no longer be viable for recovery.

If this had been a PAID service to which you subscribed the outcome would probably have been different.

Good for you that you went through the steps and made the attempt. Unfortunately there were conditions for the release of the account that were not or could not be met. Unfortunate.

I would think that if my account was blanked, there wouldm't be any secret question anymore which they ask themselves in the questionnaire, and they would have had no knowledge of my alternate email address, which they provide by themselves when you ask for a password reset.

I'm also sure that I don't make mistakes when answering which my birth date is and the birth place of my mother.

It is obvious that they for some reason don't want to unblock my account, which is a shame as I just wanted to access some emails in there, but is not a big loss for a substandard service anyway. It was the reason why I switched to a gmail account in the first place.

I have also asked them the question how an account which I haven't logged in for at least 6 months, can then suddenly be comprised. They failed to answer that question.