Knee down

Gweiloman

Ummh...one time in Lat Yao Nakhon Sawan. Wasn't watching where I was dropping the kickstand, and the Ninjette went down...I valiantly tried to keep it upright and got a knee down to no avail. The aftermarket bar end got nicked a bit and I had major embarrassment...but otherwise everything was ok.

• Like 1

not recently. Dont wear my full leathers often for road riding and other gears has no knee slider so leave it couple of inches up.

I think the best road for knees down close to Bangkok is Sangklaburi and Sisawat routes through Kanchanaburi.

Or Kao Yai National Pak area.

Or Kaeng Krachan National Park Area.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

Please guys, this is a serious thread. As a brave rider i often get my knees down. For example when i check the tire pressure. Or when i tie my shoelaces.

Really? laugh.png

Really! For once i know what i am talking about biggrin.png

You corner fast enough to need a knee down....on the streets/roads of Thailand....and you have this as your one bit of knowledge?

There are old riders and there are bold riders, but there are no old, bold riders..., may your God go with you Braveheart.

In Pattaya you are more apt to lose your leg if you go knee down. Way to much going on with the dorks that either do not have a licenses to ride -drive or are so preoccupied that getting into a racing profile would be insane to even contemplate. I can see if you are in areas that have few people to worry about but probably better to save knee down for the track. There you can be as aggressive as your abilities will tolerate.Not that I don't get up on the wheel so to speak but here you have some of the worst merges going on daily & your life & others depend on everyone's actions.

• Like 1

Please guys, this is a serious thread. As a brave rider i often get my knees down. For example when i check the tire pressure. Or when i tie my shoelaces.

Really? laugh.png

Sadly, I still don't think you do wantan. Yes, you can have your knee down when checking tire pressures. But when tying your shoelaces? You must have a strange looking body :D

Reason I asked is because on a recent trip to Korat on Hwy 2, there was a big group of young Thai kids on Waves and scooters and Clicks racing along the Lam Tak Hong stretch along the reservoir. They were really hanging off with knees out (not dragging knees of course, as they are only wearing jeans at best and without sliders).

So just wondering if any riders on TV does the same.

Shoelaces?

Says it all, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

But Gweilo, you should have guessed sad little wantan would troll the thread.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

not recently. Dont wear my full leathers often for road riding and other gears has no knee slider so leave it couple of inches up.

I think the best road for knees down close to Bangkok is Sangklaburi and Sisawat routes through Kanchanaburi.

Or Kao Yai National Pak area.

Or Kaeng Krachan National Park Area.

Up North, there are a lot of tight twisties which I can imagine one can do so safely, especially on the uphill switchbacks. Very often, you have to make the turn tighter than you would normally due to the road being very dirty (sand, gravel, leaves etc) at the sides and you can also see if any traffic is coming your way.

• Like 1

Shoelaces?

Says it all, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

HR, now i get confused. Wasnt there an agreement that i am stalking you this week?

Shoelaces, hip and retro, if you ever learn how to tie them you will like them too :)

Really? laugh.png

Sadly, I still don't think you do wantan. Yes, you can have your knee down when checking tire pressures. But when tying your shoelaces? You must have a strange looking body biggrin.png

Nothing strange putting knee down to tie shoe laces.smile.pngpost-87530-0-18046000-1413013178_thumb.j

Edited by Kwasaki

Shoelaces?

Says it all, doesn't it? rolleyes.gif

I didn't think it was possible to troll this thread, at first I thought it was a joke, still not sure. Doesn't sound as though Wantan is "little", more likely Gwello who thinks Thai kids pretending to be Barry Sheen are good role models.

Naaaa this is a wind up.....okay ya got me.

Sadly, I still don't think you do wantan. Yes, you can have your knee down when checking tire pressures. But when tying your shoelaces? You must have a strange looking body biggrin.png

Nothing strange putting knee down to tie shoe laces.smile.pngattachicon.giflace.jpg

Hmm.... personally, I would rather do it without my knee touching the ground, like this

post-143305-0-93583700-1413017485_thumb.

Would want to dirty my pants or knees unnecessarily

• Like 2

Reason I asked is because on a recent trip to Korat on Hwy 2, there was a big group of young Thai kids on Waves and scooters and Clicks racing along the Lam Tak Hong stretch along the reservoir. They were really hanging off with knees out (not dragging knees of course, as they are only wearing jeans at best and without sliders).

The best riders on TV would get passed like they are sitting still by the majority of Thai teenagers on a motorbike. At the speeds those kids ride, there is absolute advantage to shifting body weight in turns.

Why? Because those teens have no consideration of consequences, while the TV crowd is older and wiser.

• Like 1

The best riders on TV would get passed like they are sitting still by the majority of Thai teenagers on a motorbike. At the speeds those kids ride, there is absolute advantage to shifting body weight in turns.

Why? Because those teens have no consideration of consequences, while the TV crowd is older and wiser.

Absolutely right. I remember overtaking a lot of them going uphill on my "big" bike only to be left standing still going downhill, particularly in the mountain sections where they know practically every inch of the roads :D

• Like 1