Got my self in deep problems

Correct me if I am wrong....

I am on my way to Savannakhet and arrive there on tuesday (7am). parking the car overnight at the bridge, and crossing over on the first bus at (8am). Processing a 90 day O Visa at 9am at the consulate in Savannakhet... (have abundant documents for proof of income, etc), but will not show unless asked. Have Affidavit of Income from the US Embassy, and am Sixty years old, clean and tidy, well spoken. Return to the consulate the same day, about 3pm, to hopefully pickup the visa, and re-enter Thailand.

My 2 options for the 90 day O are....

1. Based on Retirement...single entry 90 day O and then apply for a one year extension.

2. Multiple Entry 90 day O (I really do not mind if I leave the country every 90 days...in fact, I need to do that anyways).

My question is.... Can I still get an extension 30 days before the Multiple entry 90 day O expires? If so....I would prefer this one. The form is the same? The cost is double the single 90 day O? Any complications with that?. If I get the single, I would have to get re-entry permits anyways. I want to live here, but need to see my son in the Philippines every 90 days. The price of several re-entry permits, along with the inconvenience of reporting (in Chiang Mai) every 90 days makes the Multiple entry 90 day O look best for me.

Second question...any problems re-entering on the same day with the new 90 day O???

As said you will not a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet unless you are married to a Thai.

Once you get your one year extension of stay you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit that costs 3800 baht that will be valid for the length of the extension.

If you leave before you stay here for 90 days you do not need to do 90 day reports to immigration. The 90 days starts again from the the date you enter the country including that day.

Thanks, that makes it all easier to figure out....

Drove straight through from Chiang Mai to Kalasin (spending the night here). Took about ten hours, with 2 quick stops. Will wake up at 5 and try to make it in time for the bus across the border at 8. I am leaving the hotel at 5 am. I understand there is only one bus at 8am, across the bridge to the Savannakhet side. 2 and a half hours to the bridge from Kalasin? If not, then perhaps I will miss the 11 am deadline at the consulate. That won't be bad...I can spend the night there. Plenty of updates have been posted, already...and I feel prepared. I do not expect any problems.....except perhaps missing the bus tomorrow morning. What are my chances? Should I leave at 4 AM...or can I easily do it at 5 am? Border opens at what time?

We are not married (yet), & have not been to the Family Court to have myself recognised as the legal father (yet), when I went to Vientiane 2 1/2 months ago all I needed was the Birth Certificate which states I am the father, copy of mothers ID (signed by g/f) & a copy of the blue house book (signed by g/f's mother), I did take proof of income of 40,000+Baht per month from overseas but they never asked to see it, they would only give me a single entry 3 month Non-O Visa, but while I was there somebody told me I could get a 1 year Visa from Savannakhet so that was where I was planning on going for my next Visa

As mentioned above, multi-entry is given only for being married to a Thai, not for having a child.

However Savannakhet can be more convenient anyway.

Not when living in Nong Khai it isn't, I can be at the Vientiane Thai Embassy before 11am on the same day, it just means having to stay for one night, no big deal thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Thanks again Joe. I'm actually with my wife in Nongkhai now but we have marriage certificate and other papers back in bkk. So I guess we heading back to Bkk collecting the necessary paperwork and then back up to Nong khai. If the head is stupid the wallet have to suffer

When you get to Bkk for the docs collection, send me a message. Someone might give you an advice you might wish to work with. Or have you gone back?...seems I'm reading this late.