French Tourist with exemption visa

Hello, I am a French who wanted to visit Thailand as a tourist for 3 months (2 months + Extension),

but I lost time to ask the tourist visa in France, so I came with a visa exemption for 30 days .

Today I want to stay longer in Thailand (19 days), and I would like to know how to prolong my stay in this wonderful country.

The first person advised me to go introduce myself the last day of my visa waiver to the office of Patong Beach,

and another told me to go to Malaysia to apply for a visa 60 days, knowing that I have any papers on me.

I have a pension of 25,000 baht per month, and I have no savings, that you advise me:

Try to go to a neighboring country with the costs involved (gasoline+ visa + hotel waiting for an answer)

or to request an extension

Thanks

Edited by Love66

If you want to stay up to 60 days, you can apply for an extension. it does not have to be on the last day. It maybe in Phuket town not Patong

If you want to stay up to 90 days, you need to go to Penang to get a torisit visa, and then get the extension as above

If you only need an additional 19 Days then go to immigration and get an extension.

Don't wait until the last day of your current permission to stay. You can get another 30 days added to your current permission to stay. You do not lose any days if you go in a week or so before the end of your current permission to stay.

Fill out and print this form: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/7-tm7-extension-of-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-application-form/

Or you can get the form at an immigrations office. You need photocopies of the ID page of your passport and the stamp you got when you arrived at the airport, your passport and Baht 1900. They will add 30 days to your stay, so that you will have a total of 30 + 30 = 60 days.

You might also need some proof of where you are staying. A copy of your hotel bill or receipt will do.

Edited by Suradit69

You clearly say you arrived Visa Exempt, which gives you 30 days. You could extend that for a week, but clearly not enough time for what you want.

The best option is to go to a nearby country and get a proper Tourist Visa (which you indicate was your initial desire) and then return to Thailand.

You cannot extend your visa exempt status enough to stay for any longer period of time, so getting the appropriate visa is your only choice, really. And that can only be done outside of Thailand.

You clearly say you arrived Visa Exempt, which gives you 30 days. You could extend that for a week, but clearly not enough time for what you want.

No, visa exempt entries can be extended 30 days starting from 29/8 of this year.

• Like 1

The best option is to go to a nearby country and get a proper Tourist Visa (which you indicate was your initial desire) and then return to Thailand.

You cannot extend your visa exempt status enough to stay for any longer period of time, so getting the appropriate visa is your only choice, really. And that can only be done outside of Thailand.

I thought they now allow 30-day extensions to Visa Exempt entry stamps. Since he is French, he can also do a border run and get another 30 Day exempt stamp but assume going to immigration would be easier for him/her.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

DanSingKon Immigration Office refused two applicants I know of the 30day extension on the 30day visa-exempt entry.

This was in the past month. These two people were only offered a 7day extension.

So it seems Immigration is still in a 'transitional period' re. offering the 30day extension, in all offices, to all applicants. AA

DanSingKon Immigration Office refused two applicants I know of the 30day extension on the 30day visa-exempt entry.

This was in the past month. These two people were only offered a 7day extension.

So it seems Immigration is still in a 'transitional period' re. offering the 30day extension, in all offices, to all applicants. AA

That was last month and could of been within a few days after the new rules came into effect on the 29th of August.

I think by now all the offices have gotten the message.

I know of 4 of our customers have been refused the 30day extension, namely two Vietnamese, one Russian, they had tickets, but were told that due to there nationaloty they get 7days only. 1 UK guy did not show a Ticket in BKK and was given 7 days only.

Best is to prepare a Ticket n proof of stay to ensure you get the 30days.

A Filipino in DanSingKon was given 30days after having paid under the table........

I know of 4 of our customers have been refused the 30day extension, namely two Vietnamese, one Russian, they had tickets, but were told that due to there nationaloty they get 7days only. 1 UK guy did not show a Ticket in BKK and was given 7 days only.

Best is to prepare a Ticket n proof of stay to ensure you get the 30days.

A Filipino in DanSingKon was given 30days after having paid under the table........

Pitiful discrimination, without a defined appeal process even the smaller officer can exploit other people's needs for own profit or simple hubris.