Police officer fines Bangkok taxi drivers for refusing fare

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got better idea salary all drivers flat rate company pays for up keep on cars. Drivers get flat rate plus commission on meter total. If driver fails to meet min. daily take company fires them the taxis's become self policing. Oh take would be about 10% of meter take.Also install cameras's on cabs to keep drivers honest.

This officer should be given a 10,000 baht reward for doing his job, and leading by example. Maybe some of the other officers will get the incentive to start "working" for a living. Bravo Pol. Sub. Lt. Meewichai Muangklang.

I am sure that you can find the officer from the station that he works at. He will be happy to accept your gift of 10,000 baht. Nice of you to offer it. Please keep us updated on how this goes, maybe even a picture of you giving him your money?

This officer should be given a 10,000 baht reward for doing his job, and leading by example. Maybe some of the other officers will get the incentive to start "working" for a living. Bravo Pol. Sub. Lt. Meewichai Muangklang.

I am sure that you can find the officer from the station that he works at. He will be happy to accept your gift of 10,000 baht. Nice of you to offer it. Please keep us updated on how this goes, maybe even a picture of you giving him your money?

The reward was in reference to the 10,000 baht "reward" for the police turning in people trying to bribe them. When I track him down, I will give him that reward. Please provide your name and address where I can send the photo to.

and why he didn't take the costumers to their destination by police car ???

People!

The taxi business is business also. This means thay can say NO, for the offer of costumers. Isn't it?

Or in your business you have to serve every demands ???

why do thai posters go on and on about, this subject, it is done to death, if the taxi driver refuses a fare, he is breaking the law, end of, i did not make this law up, nor did you, the powers that be made this law., so stop defending them.

• Like 2

How about this one.Had an appointment at Police General Hospital for 10.30am.

Hotel bell boy at Soi Nung Petchaburi always helps me(Old farang) from 9.45am, 4 taxis refused

5th Taxi accepted,it was a GPS equipped car, in a flash had the map up.Straight down Petch and hang a right.

Meter on correct fare. Well done.

These GPS cabs can save driver and passenger a lot of hassels Well done

• Like 1

Number 2. Same departure point, to Airport.

Again bell boy to rescue???!!! A rather dungger of a cab.Rear boot would not open for bag

so sat in front passenger seat.Attempted some comments with driver from Isaan

40Bt on the meter, on the highway, he pulled into the curb,parked in front of another cab, and said get out change taxi???

Maikojai??

Next driver a real smart bastuard..said no meter,fare 5000bt.plus toll 25bt.As you can imagine we has SOME discussion.

I took out my phone,indicating I was talking to Tourist Police(in fact the phone was turned off) I gave name, cab details,etc etc

Attutude changed completely,he was expecting an officer to appear on arrival,meter showed 190Bt which I paid and left him to it.He even put my bags on a trolly and shook hands

How about this??

• Like 1

Hold on, hold on, wait a minute.

If a driver is driving his own taxi, well surely, it's only right and sensible that he is allowed to refuse whatever customer ? It is HIS earnings we're talking about.

Now, if a sex worker doesn't like whatever customer, surely, we all feel that the sex worker should be allowed to not accept that customer. What about bars and restaurants ? Should a bar owner or restaurant boss be allowed to refuse a customer for whatever reason he seems fit ?

I know a few people who have whatever 'bussines', and yes, they want money, but they do reject customers for whatever reason. Actually, I know a plumber, who turns up at whatever customer's house, he'ill look at the job, and he's not going to turn up to do the job if he thinks it's no good. Surely, it's ridiculous to arrest that plumber ??

Doh! Because it is the law here and most other places that a taxi can't refuse a fare, and if you do you risk a fine, and for repeated offences, your operator's licence.

There are exceptions. In Brisbane where I drive cabs, you can refuse a fare for customers that are plainly intoxicated, abusive, or do not have the means to pay the fare. Driver's are within their rights to ask for proof of means or an advance.

If I am close to handover time and am asked to take someone on a longish trip, I offer them the choice of calling another cab for them (could be a long wait as most cabs change-over around the same time) OR I will take them to my base (no meter, no fee) and the next available driver will accept their fare.

• Like 1

Hold on, hold on, wait a minute.

If a driver is driving his own taxi, well surely, it's only right and sensible that he is allowed to refuse whatever customer ? It is HIS earnings we're talking about.

Now, if a sex worker doesn't like whatever customer, surely, we all feel that the sex worker should be allowed to not accept that customer. What about bars and restaurants ? Should a bar owner or restaurant boss be allowed to refuse a customer for whatever reason he seems fit ?

I know a few people who have whatever 'bussines', and yes, they want money, but they do reject customers for whatever reason. Actually, I know a plumber, who turns up at whatever customer's house, he'ill look at the job, and he's not going to turn up to do the job if he thinks it's no good. Surely, it's ridiculous to arrest that plumber ??

Doh! Because it is the law here and most other places that a taxi can't refuse a fare, and if you do you risk a fine, and for repeated offences, your operator's licence.

There are exceptions. In Brisbane where I drive cabs, you can refuse a fare for customers that are plainly intoxicated, abusive, or do not have the means to pay the fare. Driver's are within their rights to ask for proof of means or an advance.

If I am close to handover time and am asked to take someone on a longish trip, I offer them the choice of calling another cab for them (could be a long wait as most cabs change-over around the same time) OR I will take them to my base (no meter, no fee) and the next available driver will accept their fare.

No, I wasn't going on about the law. I was going on about the principle of being allowed to pick and choose what customers an operator wants.

Is there a law that says that legal sex workers MUST accept whatever customer that is there ? Is the sex worker only allowed to reject the customer if the customer is drunk or abusive ? And if that particular law exists, well, is it a sensible law ??

I'm not sure about bars and restaurants, but if the law says that a restaurant or bar is only allowed to reject customers who are drunk or abusive, well, do you feel that it is a sensible law ? I'm only trying to say, that I think it's sensible and fairer to allow a company/operator to reject whatever customer for any reason they deem fit.

:)

Going on were you? thumbsup.gif

Sex workers are illegal in this country dopey. Legal in Singapore tho, try arguing sex worker laws there.

Yes, I know that ! What I'm trying to say, is, is IF there are legal sex workers, well, do you think it is sensible and fair IF the law says that the sex worker is only allowed to reject a customer if he (sorry, maybe she ) is drunk or abusive ?

Or, do you feel that the law should allow sex workers (what about other workers ? ) to reject whatever customer for whatever reason they deem fit ??

• 1 month later...