New Fines

Ace of Pop

That Number plate fine is for putting on a bit Lucky Gold Leaf, not no number plate.First time ive seen this poster even though i pass through many provinces every Month. The small fine for riding on the wrong side should be 2k. imo.And the M/C Clowns who cut over the solid line at T Lights and stop bang in front of you. Spotted it in Krabi outskirts this morn.

• Like 1

I got done up last week at the toll booth over Rama 9 towards din dang. My two plates look exactly the same except the rear is missing a circular embossed stamp on the bottom right. Never noticed this before. 1k on the spot plus 600 to get a proper plate... btw they were pulling over everyone for everything. Guy beside me had a bull bar and they couldn't see his entire plate. Anyone with 2557 stickers as well etc.

Yea i do, a Bomb on every Motocy. Seriously they put a dab of gold leaf when the Monk blesses the new Truck.Most areas do it.coffee1.gif

Yeah I know about Buddhist thing of putting gold leaf on the number plate, my Thai wife is Buddhist.

As long as it don't obstruct any of the number plates figures or embossed stamping's, I don't think the police would fined people for doing it.

I got done up last week at the toll booth over Rama 9 towards din dang. My two plates look exactly the same except the rear is missing a circular embossed stamp on the bottom right. Never noticed this before. 1k on the spot plus 600 to get a proper plate... btw they were pulling over everyone for everything. Guy beside me had a bull bar and they couldn't see his entire plate. Anyone with 2557 stickers as well etc.

"...the rear is missing a circular embossed stamp on the bottom right..."

You didn't get "done up", you were fined for having an illegal, ie fake plate. Real, officially issued plates all have that stamp, and having fake registration plates is an offence for obvious and understandable reasons.

They recon it buggers up Speed Camera Pic, thats what they told S.I. L... 500 Fine not the 2000 new one.

Well ! Told the Mrs and she said the police in Sukhothai would never dare nick anyone for that, has to be police in that province trying to make some extra tea money. rolleyes.gif

You didn't get "done up", you were fined for having an illegal, ie fake plate. Real, officially issued plates all have that stamp, and having fake registration plates is an offence for obvious and understandable reasons.

Correct. Especially interesting cause I never knew the difference. Why would someone have a fake plate when getting a real one costs only six hundred baht?

• Like 1

Jeez there is some thick Posters here. The plate refered to wasn't hit hard enough by the Press. The Dumb Cop could see the front one was O.K..... Pedantic as a Swiss Banker imo..Who gives a Poop,the Blue Books perfect is it not BKJ. and Tax Disk current.

• Like 1

Jeez there is some thick Posters here. The plate refered to wasn't hit hard enough by the Press. The Dumb Cop could see the front one was O.K..... Pedantic as a Swiss Banker imo..Who gives a Poop,the Blue Books perfect is it not BKJ. and Tax Disk current.

yea Ace, just paid the 2558 tax a few weeks, ago, bb with finance company. even they seemed a little surprised by the dodgy rear plate...they are getting is sorted at their cost. The fine was my cost. Let Swiss Miss rant on, done up, ticketed, fined...oh the words, so many words lol

Where did the Stamp Go.That must be a first here.Not really your fault the Licence place presses them. Whats a 2557 Sticker .?.

Fake Plate. Many people using fake plate without government stamp in the plate. maybe it was already on the car, when he bought it.

• Like 1

Correct. Especially interesting cause I never knew the difference. Why would someone have a fake plate when getting a real one costs only six hundred baht?

Because it's quicker and less hassle. You just go to the local number plate shop!

Because it's quicker and less hassle. You just go to the local number plate shop!

I have a fake plate on the back. it has the government stamp too.

Cost 700b and was done in 24 hours.

Nice hassle free experience that avoided a trip to the policestation to get a police report and also avoided a trip to the DLT.

Nice hassle free experience that avoided a trip to the policestation to get a police report and also avoided a trip to the DLT.

Government stamp so how do you know it's a fake? biggrin.png

• Like 1

Possibly it is not fake I guess.

All I know is I lost a plate and my neighbor told me about "A guy he knows" that can get perfect copy plates, I paid the money and got the plate.

Possibly it is not fake I guess.

All I know is I lost a plate and my neighbor told me about "A guy he knows" that can get perfect copy plates, I paid the money and got the plate.

Yeah I don't know why Ace is lost as always said this is Thailand and someone in he know can get what you want but I guess it depends on where you live sometimes.

My guess would be your plate is OK and by paying the dosh you just jumped the queue.biggrin.png

The licence folks press new one if the rides legit, 30 mins isnt a big deal.Id go for blood if someone stuffed me up with a fake.Still cant see the point unless its a Stolen / Chop Job. Red plates are fake sometimes , but so what , there cobblers anyway.

The licence folks press new one if the rides legit, 30 mins isnt a big deal.Id go for blood if someone stuffed me up with a fake.Still cant see the point unless its a Stolen / Chop Job. Red plates are fake sometimes , but so what , there cobblers anyway.

With no time to deal with the bureaucracy of dealing with police for reports and then the road tax gaff I was happy to hand over the folding for anything that looked like a numberplate (I did not like driving around without a rear plate) I was more than chuffed to have been delivered one that looks like the real deal.

• 5 weeks later...

With no time to deal with the bureaucracy of dealing with police for reports and then the road tax gaff I was happy to hand over the folding for anything that looked like a numberplate (I did not like driving around without a rear plate) I was more than chuffed to have been delivered one that looks like the real deal.

An update, New legit plate arrived by ems yesterday. Thumbs up to tisco for following through on this, total 600 baht, no trips to tax or motor vehicle department required. Probably a lot less work than looking for a guy to buy a knockoff from...

• Like 1