Name This Snake

I think its a Ahaetulla prasina - also referred to as the Oriental Whip Snake or Asian Vine Snake.

There seem to be a few different colours varieties though so search it on google image and have a look for yourself. I'm a bit short of time to confirm now and only had a brief look around for it. :o

Edited by bkkmadness

Thats great bkkmadness, thanks for that, I didn't know where to start?? 'Green snakes of thailand' 'pointed green snakes of thailand' etc etc nothing!

The one in my pic doesn't look exactly the same as any in the google search but I guess they won't will they??

Nikkijah,

Take a look at this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahaetulla_nasuta

The photo of this snake appears close to the one in your photo too.

This Green Vine Snake or Long nosed Whip Snakes eye has the horizontal black pupil with a light yellow background and a darkish line down down its snout to the little upturned point on its nose.

www.ecologyasia.com has a good selection of snakes and photos too.

Edited by Farma

Sid sounds good to me totser, he might be a she though :D

Thanks for the help everyone, I've been informed it is in fact an Ahaetulla nasuta or and oriental whip snake, apparently not very venomous but can still hurt and swell your arm to double its size :D

Cheers guys

p.s. the photos for sale if anybody wants it :o

• 1 year later...

I have a yard full of them. See em everyday. They never bother anything and we don't bother them. The dogs will get em if they get out of the tree. Mostly they like the Noi Naa trees. Longest I have seen was 1m. Had a gray boa show up about a year ago. We let it alone and didn't tell anyone for its protection. He moved on somewhere. I joke with my wife and call them bean snakes.