Why won't Thailand lower it's gas prices when oil prices fall?

Probably because imported oil prices are negotiated well in advance. Therefore any drop in world prices of crude would not be reflected immediately, or at all, at market level. Look at the negotiated cost of imported oil, not today's cost.

Many of you seem to not understand that Thailand doesn't have refineries for oil. Everything is imported and the cost of shipping, docking, loading, processes are very expensive etc.. Best Idea ride a push bike or walk to the 7-11 and morning market.

Bwhahahaha

Land of the little brown people doesn't have a refinery? Bugger me, there is one a stones thrown from downtown bangkok at Bangchak, and another 5 or 6 on the eastern seaboard - world class and all.

As to why the pump price isn't going down as much as you want, well of the baht is falling and crude is referenced in USD, then the fall in crude prices in THB terms isn't going to be as much.

• Like 1

Many of you seem to not understand that Thailand doesn't have refineries for oil. Everything is imported and the cost of shipping, docking, loading, processes are very expensive etc.. Best Idea ride a push bike or walk to the 7-11 and morning market.

Bwhahahaha

Land of the little brown people doesn't have a refinery? Bugger me, there is one a stones thrown from downtown bangkok at Bangchak, and another 5 or 6 on the eastern seaboard - world class and all.

As to why the pump price isn't going down as much as you want, well of the baht is falling and crude is referenced in USD, then the fall in crude prices in THB terms isn't going to be as much.

I suspect this poster meant to say there are no refineries in Isaan or any close to the bar he drinks in, while he ponders his in depth knowledge of all things Thai

• Like 2

Bwhahahaha

I suspect this poster meant to say there are no refineries in Isaan or any close to the bar he drinks in, while he ponders his in depth knowledge of all things Thai

Ironically, if he is in Pattaya then he drives past a few of them to get there and doesn't even know it!

• Like 1