Bangkok: Common car in supercar parking beginning of downward spiral?

webfact

Why would anyone buy a super-car in Thailand at more than twice the UK price, then try to drive it in the most gridlocked city in the world. Two full helpings of stupidity. I laugh when I see one of these hilarious people.

Face, Face, Face and more Face.

They want to show they're in the small % of rich elite and think this entitles them to special treatment from everyone.

Sadly, it does here, whatever the issue.

Edited by Baerboxer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoooo gives a flyingFaq what sort of a car one drives,,,,,,,The so called Elite DID NOT cost anymore from MAKING than the not so elite or the poor,,,All it takes is a normal F::K . So one can park a car anywhere and don't give a shit about the rich man excuse,,about safety,,They should protect the not so elites and the poor man's car instead of the elites cars,,,,,Why,,,,,I tell you Why,,It is easier for a rich man to buy a new car than the poorer people so stuff them all.

We just had lunch on the river, in Ayutthaya. The bill was padded, as I was a "rich farang tourist". My wife could not understand the billing, but that is basically the deal. Every single Thai in the place had more money...and more food on the plate, that we did. If my wife went alone, she would have been treated fairly.

Just saying....tons of expensive vehicles in the parking lot.... bad service, mediocre food, and no apologies. It was almost like they were sneering at us. My wife was smart enough not to tell me anything until after we left.

I will not name the restaurant....as I worry about the defamation laws....but defamed is exactly what they need to be. It is on the river, after you cross the bridge, coming from the big pagoda circle. and is billed as the best food in Thailand. Has river prawns or something like that.

Worst one for tourists. (which i am not). Tourist prices ...but no tourist visa allowed for this non tourist. LOL.

Edited by slipperylobster

55 so he had no money left to buy a decent car for his plates.

Actually, he's very clever. Had a wad of cash and made arrangements to get the most desirable licence plate in Bangkok, a vanity plate hence the yellow tinges. Paid B25 million and can turn around and resell for a handsome profit, probably already done. OTOH, he could, as you suggested, have bought a "decent" car and immediately he drove out of the showroom he would have lost money but gained face.

Smart dude.

Edited by ratcatcher

Thanapat Tantisaewaekul, the 19-year-old businessman

cheesy.gif

What's his business? Being someone rich's son?

Property development.

Think you missed it… where would a 19 year old get the money for property development? Maybe from daddy? Hence rich person's son, just saying :-)

But why his plate is yellow ?

Does he have to work as taxi after school to pay for the plate?

You seem to be unfamiliar with Thai license plates. What you see here is a vanity plate, the most desirable number in Thailand. Taxis plates are yellow, this man's is not, just has a slight coloring inside the yellow frame.

who are the super elite in this country?

those who get paid for exploiting the poors and keeping them poor

The super elite (old money) in Thailand are the same type of people who are the super elite in Belgium, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States, Spain etc.

They don't get paid (except by dividends etc). They usually don't handle money, others take care of these irritations.

They have families dating back generations. There is a big difference between the elite and the nouveau riche classes. The Duke of Westminster (Grosvenors) are elite, David Beckham is nouveau riche.

The elite are comfortable with their money, they don't need to shout about it, it's deemed vulgar..

The nouveau riche rather like the publicity. The elite tend to avoid it.

I watched a douche bag in a red 'rarri in the carpark in front of HOBBS beer house in Thonglor. trying to reverse out and reving the christ out of it every meter. What a spectacle.

Was the DB wearing high heels perchance?

Did you imagine for one moment how much less of a spectacle you would have made had you been seated in front of the prancing horse?

Edited by ratcatcher

The hell with the rich, tight assed bastards, next time I see these reserved (special privileged spaces), I'll park my Fortuner there. This is really a croak of crap, reserved for Thailand's elite spoiled dickheads.

On the expressways I love it when a car comes roaring up behind me, usually with this insignia blaring at me in my review mirror, (yes I use my mirrors) and flashing their light madly up and down wanting by, I sit at one legal speed, they totally go out of their gourd with frustration, and the look of can't you see I am better then you look in their eyes.cheesy.gif

One major thing that pisses me off, are these pricks, who think they are above everyone else, be it that everyone else are Farang, Thai, or who ever.

I just say fork themwhistling.gif

post-211626-0-46273800-1413385800_thumb.

post-211626-0-88760100-1413386618_thumb.

Edited by Pundi6446

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why would anyone buy a super-car in Thailand at more than twice the UK price, then try to drive it in the most gridlocked city in the world. Two full helpings of stupidity. I laugh when I see one of these hilarious people.

"Look at me! I'm someone!" Comes to mind.

Not much difference than driving around Los Angeles, London, or Paris in a Rolls or Bentley. They have the money, want to spend it on something to make them feel special and get preferential or valet parking where ever they go.

Here in Los Angeles In almost every shopping mall in the more congested areas of the city there is valet parking offered. If fact it pays to use it. You pay for parking almost anywhere you go so you just as well spend a few more bucks and valet park. So really don't see it as so different that malls in Bangkok that offer special parking for their "elite" customers as they are probably spending money, not just window shopping.

• Like 1

The hell with the rich, tight assed bastards, next time I see these reserved (special privileged spaces), I'll park my Fortuner there. This is really a croak of crap, reserved for Thailand's elite spoiled dickheads.

Ah! The ubiquitous Fortuner. Usually driven by Thai people who think they are important and are in a hurry going nowhere, hogging the fast lane and flashing everyone who gets in their way. But then you're a farang, so that doesn't count.?

I watched a douche bag in a red 'rarri in the carpark in front of HOBBS beer house in Thonglor. trying to reverse out and reving the christ out of it every meter. What a spectacle.

Was the DB wearing high heels perchance?

Did you imagine for one moment how much less of a spectacle you would have made had you been seated in front of the prancing horse?

I would have dropped the fattest, smokiest skid right then and there. Never seen a Thai fella destroy tyres on the street. Not like an aussie Edited by eeeya

Silly buggers! London is probably home to more supercars than all of Thailand, but no one sees any need to bow and scrape in front of the drivers/owners.

Knightsbridge residents have had enough of the damn things. In fact if you drive about in one of these things in the UK you're generally viewed as a bit of a berk.

The best parking spots for the disabled? This is an outrage!

Hopefully, if one of these 'misfits' takes the parking space of some 19 year old mummy's/daddy's boy...erm...I mean 'businessman' (yeah, right) then they'll be kicked to the ground and forced to apologise to the spoilt twa...erm ...I mean...wealthy chap.

Can't see Thailand giving anyone but the 'elite' getting preferential treatment. I don't expect these self absorbed morons to take this lying down.

Ah! The ubiquitous Fortuner. Usually driven by Thai people who think they are important and are in a hurry going nowhere, hogging the fast lane and flashing everyone who gets in their way. But then you're a farang, so that doesn't count.?

Bite it

post-211626-0-42351600-1413400461_thumb.