Kuala Lumpur hotel

HeijoshinCool

Mate ... have stayed there (KL) a few times.

One recommendation ... BEFORE you book the Hotel ... locate where the local Mosque is.

Made that mistake once.

The 5 or 5.30 Call to Prayers from the Mosque next door to the Hotel was less then appreciated!

• Like 2

Ah yes, Muslim FM, we used to overlook the Klang Valley and heard every one fire up sequentially as sunrise tracked up the valley, no respite, get up and go for a swim.

Loads of budget places in and around Petaling Street, we've stayed here several times http://www.agoda.com/en-gb/petaling-street-hotel/hotel/kuala-lumpur-my.html?dsrch=1&asq=di06%2fyEPwnHsbc8OYC9eHfqeBlORRwI0Nf9ew0NmbRrB6B4ISsjEcMseaSRgb8cZBWnAMicIhUCvDopYRZqirIbKAWQG1E0JfX7vNXPcZhJhy8O67KM%2bB%2b0PCiCKZR45mX175SdtYlgyGEuyyETr%2bckYztKTIX8mo5vQUY249kI%3d

Reasonable rates and ideal for browsing the Chinatown market (right outside), many of the cheaper rooms don't have views (or even windows) but for a shower and sleep no issues, 5 mins walk to the LRT at Pasar Seni where you can get the train to LK Sentral for the Airport Express.

• Like 1

Ha!

This morning at 6:30 I awakened to the 120 db soundtrack to Superman, with some guy telling me how to plant rice in a way to make more money. Went on for twenty minutes.

But thanks for the tip. I'll look around Petaling Street.

Any ideas what a fair price would be, in baht? 500? 1000?

the very first TUNE hotel near MEDAN TUANKU Monorail station has been renovated and upgraded recently and can be booked via agoda for around 70-80 RM sometimes.

away from the scam-ridden Backbacker- and Mainland-Chinese-Touri-group-Ghetto that is Petaling street. an area best to avoid.

• Like 1

if 140 RM is not too much for you, I have another one (which I use several times a year when on transit through KL):

Hotel SUMMER VIEW. clean and decent 2.5 star place, relatively new (even you won't believe that when you see the worn office-style carpet), incl a BF-buffet which is rather basic but okay to fill your stomach before your trip. Wifi free in-room, no fridge though. In Brickfields, next to YMCA, a stone-throw or 6-7 minutes walk from KL SENTRAL and the Bus stop to the Airport or the KLIA Express (Airport train). check agoda, where it gets good reviews usually, or ask our know-it-all uncle Google for it.

thanks for the "LIKE" BTW ^^

Stay at the Comfort Inn near Bukit Bintang which is just next to Jalan Alor. The manager lady is Malay but her father is Thai and she is such a lovely lady and she speaks fluent Thai.

Room around 600 Baht. I stayed at the Federal Hotel before for 3000 Baht a night but I kissed that local KL flair so I checked out the next day. Their is no railway link to the Airport but you can take a taxi to near KLCC and they have the airport link

the very first TUNE hotel near MEDAN TUANKU Monorail station has been renovated and upgraded recently and can be booked via agoda for around 70-80 RM sometimes.

away from the scam-ridden Backbacker- and Mainland-Chinese-Touri-group-Ghetto that is Petaling street. an area best to avoid.

I stayed at that Hotel many many times and I liked it. You are right Petaling Street should be avoided if possible. Remembers me on the Patpong Market.

Ha!

This morning at 6:30 I awakened to the 120 db soundtrack to Superman, with some guy telling me how to plant rice in a way to make more money. Went on for twenty minutes.

But thanks for the tip. I'll look around Petaling Street.

Any ideas what a fair price would be, in baht? 500? 1000?

Take a Malay (Encik boleh pergi KLICA dua - ada meter encik and he will take you for 65RM or on the meter which will be around 60RM). If you take a Chinese the fare will be 100RM or 1000 Baht.