Run in with local gang

Julie H

English is not my first language please exuse

Two weeks ago i was at a local karoke bar (west side BKK) i was encouraged by staff to sing a song, I sing a song in average Thai language, people look at me like amazing but one table with many young Thai man look angry, i tried to make joke & say everyone happy but young man not happy because have no wife & have no sex because big group of men. They look very angry & when i go back to table stare at me a lot. I went home in taxi but after 2 hours of sleep i woke up with big noise, it is motorcycle gang at my house with 20 people all with woman on the back, my dog barking alot, my wife said i made trouble. What can i do? I afriad to call police, these kid can see me at 7/11

Ahhhh, you are a man......stop confusing me with the user name Julie........

Now, Julie, is your Thai soooooooo bad that you made these young people angry?

Are you sure there were 20 motorcycles outside your house and not 19?

Why don't you teach your dog not to bark at strangers?

Do you collect the stamps at 7/11?

• Like 1

No matter how good YOU think your Thai is and how you think you can do stand-up in Thai, making a joke about local louts in their own lingo in THEIR house...

I remember telling an Aggie joke at a bar in College Station and I had only been living in Texas for 12 years.

See what I am saying?

• Like 1

No matter how good YOU think your Thai is and how you think you can do stand-up in Thai, making a joke about local louts in their own lingo in THEIR house...

I remember telling an Aggie joke at a bar in College Station and I had only been living in Texas for 12 years.

See what I am saying?

I went home to my own house but they know im live there. it was two weeks ago & i am not afraid of any man but a gang is a lot. In my country we put put stick in they bottom but my family is at home

i tried to make joke & say everyone happy but young man not happy because have no wife & have no sex because big group of men.

I think you might have to work on your stand-up routine mate...

• Like 2

I hear ya NanLaew. Spent some time in CS and never had the balls to say a negative thing 'bout the school

C'mon dude, tell us the joke...

The A & M crowd were always thin-skinned & easily offended. Especially after last weekend's game tongue.png

Edited by cloghead

See what I am saying?

I went home to my own house but they know im live there. it was two weeks ago & i am not afraid of any man but a gang is a lot. In my country we put put stick in they bottom but my family is at home

As you said your Thai is average but I see your English is sooooo much better :)

A solid piece of advice,

if you are a guy (or group of guys) do not enter Thai Karaoke bars (unless accompanied by Thais). I'm sure there are some safe ones but I've heard sooooo many stories of foreigners coming to grief in one. In fact, steer clear of drinking with Thai guys (unless you know them well), another nest of possible vipers!!

Well said, those dirty dingy little shitholes are best kept away from by all foreigners in Thailand. If you want to see women go somewhere where foreigners are welcomed not those little cesspits that are filled with soldiers with a chip on their shoulders, sad sack businessmen, wannabe tough but scared of the soldiers kids and a merry mix of washed up old slags and ladyboys just waiting to thieve someone or spread another STD.

I wouldn't even go with a group of Thais, they are horrible depressing places to have a drink in.

• Like 1

If you go into any bar in any city in the world as a stranger and start acting like a dick , you are going to get yourself in trouble. Its bar rules isn't it, I wouldn't go into a pub where I come from , where I was not a "Local" and start performing , bound to get a slap

Edited by ExPratt

See what I am saying?

I think this might be lost on some of our non American contributors

See what I am saying?

I think this might be lost on some of our non American contributors

I am an American and I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

A solid piece of advice,

if you are a guy (or group of guys) do not enter Thai Karaoke bars (unless accompanied by Thais). I'm sure there are some safe ones but I've heard sooooo many stories of foreigners coming to grief in one. In fact, steer clear of drinking with Thai guys (unless you know them well), another nest of possible vipers!!

Well said, those dirty dingy little shitholes are best kept away from by all foreigners in Thailand. If you want to see women go somewhere where foreigners are welcomed not those little cesspits that are filled with soldiers with a chip on their shoulders, sad sack businessmen, wannabe tough but scared of the soldiers kids and a merry mix of washed up old slags and ladyboys just waiting to thieve someone or spread another STD.

I wouldn't even go with a group of Thais, they are horrible depressing places to have a drink in.

bkkgooner:

That's some seriously impressive color commentary on the Thai karaoke bar scene.

I imagine it must have taken more than just a visit or two to soak up all that atmosphere.

I only hope you weren't ripped off or given an STD by a ladyboy too many times before you realized that 'enough was enough'.

• Like 1

You caused them to lose face หักหน้า, if you have thai wife you should know better what to say and what not in Thailand. But hope you get it all sorted out.

In many European countries if you acted like that at a bar, you would get beaten up immediately, not after 2 weeks.

Edited by THssii