• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

uhm, what happened here?

http://time.com/author/charlie-campbell/

Thailand’s military dictator General Prayuth Chan-ocha is facing fierce protestson his maiden trip overseas, with Thai exiles in Italy rallying Thursday against his May 22 coup, and an indignant crowd expected to gather in London on Friday to protest the botched investigation into thebrutal murder of two British backpackers on the resort island of Koh Tao.

It is good to see that so many of those who were ‘taken in’ by the anti-shin propaganda and cheered when democracy was overthrown are now ‘having the scales removed from their eyes' and are seeing the reality of what they wished for. There are a few, a very few, who persist, either because of being naïve or just ‘pig headed’ in their views. These people are, of course, entitled to their opinion, it is, after all, a free… oh…er…. country. I’m sure you know what I mean.

A little bit of sophistry never hurts.

Linking the anti-Shin propoganda and overthrow of democracy.

The Shins were elected with the largest minority. Fair enough. They then acted in a most undemocratic manner - refusing debate, accountability, telling lies and finally trying to sneak legislation through to pardon their criminal leader, whitewash his 15 outstanding charges, and absolve themselves of any criminal responsibility for their own actions since taking government. How long before they tried to abolish any other political parties and only allow candidates they approved?

Most, but not all, who posted against the Shins were against their lies and deceit, the growing corruption, their desire for unaccountable control of 2,2 trillion baht in loans, their attempt to whitewash Thaksin of everything and their inability or desire not to stop the daily attacks on and murder of any who opposed them.

Some posters on here were taken in by the Shin propaganda machine, Amsterdam and the often very obvious lies, many were not.

Many made the point at the time that being antI-Shin did not mean they supported Suthep or the factions that support him either. Many made it clear that should any replacement government administration behave in similar fashion they would start to comment about that too.

That is what you are seeing. Posters commenting about things they see wrong - which is fair enough. But that does not indicate opinions have changed about or support would be given to the Shin gang.

"The Shins were elected with the largest minority. Fair enough. They then acted in a most undemocratic manner - refusing debate, accountability, telling lies and finally trying to sneak legislation through to pardon their criminal leader, whitewash his 15 outstanding charges, and absolve themselves of any criminal responsibility for their own actions since taking government. How long before they tried to abolish any other political parties and only allow candidates they approved?"

Apart from the first part refering to being elected, do you not agree that the rest of what you are accusing the Shins of is EXACTLY what the Dictatorship has done. "Refusing debate, accountability, telling lies and absolving themselves of any criminal responsibility for their own actions since taking government."

The reality was that the Shins COULD be removed at an election, who is able to remove a 'government' that stole power by holding a gun to the country's head? More and more TV readers are seeing the reality of what has taken place and are revising their views. Maybe you will too, ultimately, seeing that 'government' by the army for the elite is not acceptable and that government on behalf of the people through elections is the only way.

Just how do you propose they unite the country when they are inhibited by people who do not want the country united. They are not and do not pretend to be a democracy so don't waste your time with your Democracy dribble. Unless you are prepared to back it up with dribble about the Shinawatra clan dictatorship.

They are doing what is necessary to clean up the mess. Was the old government even remotely interested in it. Or was there primary purpose to white wash a convicted criminal? Think hard about that. Under the Shinawatra dictatorship corruption grew as the government cut funding to fight it. Looks pretty suspicious to me. Also the majority of the people did not want them but were willing to put up with them up until it was made crystal clear that what they wanted was of no interest to the government. What kind of a fool would put up with that for two years and say it is OK I can take it for two more years.

The answer to that can be found in many posts on Thai Visa.wai.gif

• Like 1

"Also the majority of the people did not want them but were willing to put up with them up until it was made crystal clear that what they wanted was of no interest to the government. What kind of a fool would put up with that for two years and say it is OK I can take it for two more years."

You seem to forget that the PTP gave "the people" the opportunity to remove them from power by calling elections. Those elections were blocked and ultimately stopped from taking place by Suthep and his "people". If "the majority of the people did not want them (PTP)" why were Amart/Suthep/Army so scared of letting free and fair elections take place?

'free and fair' elections. The Pheu Thai led not-so-caretaking government was even having a Emergency Degree in part of the country to 'help' elections. The somehow still somewhat in function MoFA Surapong even suggested the Army should declare martial law to 'help' the elections.

Surely can't get any more fair than that.

• Like 1

Only uneducated fools , bums , drunks , and misfits on forums - believe the Yellow propaganda .

Its clear history the overwhelming victories were democratically solid evidence that the elites can not win fairly.

Hence the judicial coups and then military ones.

Wasting time arguing with idiots and all their feeble self taught yellow rhetoric is pointless.

• Like 2

Only uneducated fools , bums , drunks , and misfits on forums - believe the Yellow propaganda .

Wasting time arguing with idiots and all their feeble self taught yellow rhetoric is pointless.

so says a man dressed up as and takes the name of a cartoon character

Edited by bonuspack
  • Like 2

Its clear history the overwhelming victories were democratically solid evidence that the elites can not win fairly.

Hence the judicial coups and then military ones.

Pre written wind up post. Name calling, better you go to a red loving forum.

• Like 2

Maybe Q no 1 should be.

So if your not going to have a constitution until 2016 does that mean no elections in 2015 as originally stated .............. ?

We can only hope, who knows we are lucky enough to have years of junta leadership. No more Taksin, no more blackmailing farmers. Heaven on earth.

robeasternblok?

"Also the majority of the people did not want them but were willing to put up with them up until it was made crystal clear that what they wanted was of no interest to the government. What kind of a fool would put up with that for two years and say it is OK I can take it for two more years."

You seem to forget that the PTP gave "the people" the opportunity to remove them from power by calling elections. Those elections were blocked and ultimately stopped from taking place by Suthep and his "people". If "the majority of the people did not want them (PTP)" why were Amart/Suthep/Army so scared of letting free and fair elections take place?

'free and fair' elections. The Pheu Thai led not-so-caretaking government was even having a Emergency Degree in part of the country to 'help' elections. The somehow still somewhat in function MoFA Surapong even suggested the Army should declare martial law to 'help' the elections.

Forget about PTP and all that twaddle. Let's just have elections, just like they do back home in your country, Holland.

Let the citizenry decide, you not being included, thankfully.

• Like 1

He has been branded a criminal by Italian protestors

All eight of them, none of whom have ever even been to Thailand.

rolleyes.gif

coffee1.gif

such a miserable statement they were not 8 but the mother of Fabio Polenghi the italian journalist was there

dont you have any respect for a mother who lost his son?

she went to thailand many times to follow the case,btw

610x1.jpg

Edited by kaobang
  • Like 1

David Cameron should be applauded now, he came through for all of us, starting w the two brutally deceased

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-10-17/police-to-examine-dna-and-duress-claims-in-thai-case/

1. 17 October 2014 at 10:15pm
Police to examine DNA and duress claims in Thai case

British detectives travelling to investigate the backpacker murders in Thailand are expected to focus on independent checks of DNA samples central to the case against two Burmese men accused of the crime and their claims to have been mistreated.

• Like 1

Any self-respecting country would refuse the old dictator a visa.

The way you seem to stress 'old' I almost get the impression you'd rather have a young dictator ?

BTW the age limit for being prohibited to stage a coup seems just as high as the age limit for politicians to meddle.

I see that there are still a few die hard dictator supporters here. Diminishing in number day by day.

Your gasbag hero talks a lot, but not much action so far, wouldn't you say?

Lots of activity. He has successfully mishandled the country for years through his lackey's. He has robbed the people of their money. Made all his friends rich. If some one was to big of a problem he had them put in a place where they could no longer touch him. Killed over a thousand innocent civilians in a false war on drugs. Backed and controlled a horde of red shirted killers.

Yes he was indeed very active. Thank God/Buddha/Allah he is gone and Thailand now has a leader interested in the welfare of Thailand.

The new hero as you say has indeed accomplished much. Sadly you are right there are still a few die hard Shinawatra lovers here. Good call.

Pathetic

rolleyes.gif

coffee1.gif

such a miserable statement they were not 8 but the mother of Fabio Polenghi the italian journalist was there

How many were there?

Have you seen the number of protesters in Hong Kong as a comparison?

I have respect for any mother of any murder victim, such as the 526 other Italian mothers who had a child murdered in Italy last year.

Ease up on your empty strawman points and needless photos.

:rolleyes:

:coffee1:

rolleyes.gif

coffee1.gif

How many were there?

I have respect for any mother of any murder victim, such as the 526 other Italian mothers who had a child murdered in Italy last year.

rolleyes.gif

coffee1.gif

his child was murdered in thailand by the thai army.the pic of her in Bangkok is a proof against your miserable,insensitive and false statement as you said nobody of them ever went to thailand

B0EXqJICIAAAdBP.jpg

Edited by kaobang
  • Like 2

rolleyes.gif

coffee1.gif

How many were there?

rolleyes.gif

coffee1.gif

his child was murdered in thailand by the thai army.the pic of her in Bangkok is a proof against your miserable and false statement as you said nobody of them ever went to thailand

His case has not been concluded, Sherlock, so save your definitive pronouncements.

Regarding the comment of not traveling to Thailand, you don't do facetious, eh.

The comment was in response to chooka's comment as it drastically failed when compared to the photos of the small and motley crowds of Italian protesters (not Polenghi's mother) that have been published.

Edited:

And once again, you can save your needless photos.

Edited by Fred321

His case has not been concluded, Sherlock, so save your definitive pronouncements.

The comment was in response to chooka's comment as it drastically failed when compared to the photos of the small and motley crowds of Italian protesters (not Polenghi's mother) that have been published.

Edited:

the case is not concluded because the soldier who shot him is unknown

however..In May 2013, the results of a lengthy investigation in Thailand revealed that Fabio Polenghi, 48-years old at the time of his death, was felled by a .223 calibre bullet from a soldier's weapon and was running away at the moment he was killed

i am not sherlock,i read..

the pics are needed in order to get your memory back

• Like 1

Edited:

the case is not concluded

i am not sherlock,i read.

Good of you to agree the case has not concluded.

The pics are completely unnecessary, because, if you read, the four year old topic is NOT in the the thread's OP.

There are, however, threads where it is. Go find them.

Edited:

the case is not concluded

i am not sherlock,i read.

Good of you to agree the case has not concluded.

The pics are completely unnecessary, because, if you read, the four year old topic is NOT in the the thread's OP.

There are, however, threads where it is. Go find them.

if you quote me,do it fully

again i posted that answering to your false statement

if you say nobody of those protesters ever went to thailand..thats what i read

if you mean something else,say it different

dont pretend thaivisa members can see inside your mind

Explained earlier, as above.

Will take under advisement that a few members don't comprehend facetious statements.

Thanks for highlighting that to me.

wai.gif

Edited by Fred321

Explained earlier, as above.

Will take under advisement that a few members don't comprehend facetious statements.

Thanks for highlighting that to me.

wai.gif

i can only justify your statement if you did not know Miss Polenghi was there.i wish so

same will take under advisement that your posts can be facetious

Edited by kaobang

This comment in Milan is raising some eyebrows -

Here is the Junta justifying its crackdown on social media when asked why it is Blocking" Human Rights Watch" website and hunting down people who are expressing anti coup statements on Twitter and Facebook and forums?

How is this for NEWS-SPEAK?'

This is only to take care,but not control.

People need to understand not to infringe on other's rights to improve society'

• Like 1

Forget about PTP and all that twaddle. Let's just have elections, just like they do back home in your country, Holland.

Let the citizenry decide, you not being included, thankfully.

Unfortunately we still don't have reforms to be able to 'forget' about Pheu Thai and remarks from 'defender of some form of democracy' Jatuporn suggests those reforms are really needed.

That is assuming you want Thailand to progress, like Italy make sure a new Berlusconi will be near impossible, things like that.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif

coffee1.gif

she went to thailand many times to follow the case,btw

610x1.jpg

No offence, but with all here dragging their opinions, favorite colour and so into the discussion, the innocent and those seeking truth will lose out, as usual.wai.gif

• Like 2

This comment in Milan is raising some eyebrows -

Here is the Junta justifying its crackdown on social media when asked why it is Blocking" Human Rights Watch" website and hunting down people who are expressing anti coup statements on Twitter and Facebook and forums?

How is this for NEWS-SPEAK?'

This is only to take care,but not control.

People need to understand not to infringe on other's rights to improve society'

,,, and that's why most government nowadays watch social media. Of course only to 'take care'. Ask Snowden.