Condo Wanted

I'm currently a little fed up of renting and have decided that buying would probably be a better idea. I'm looking for a condo around the 1 million price. It's not alot but all I have :o . I have seen some nice places already but they are usually the 37 sqm size and I would ideally like to get a 60 sqm size with a swimming pool in the condo/complex. I'm in the Bangna area at the moment and would like somewhere near(a radius around) Seacon Square. I have been out on the strret...driving in my car and looking on the web sites....but nothin I've seen seems right for me yet.

Is it possible for you all to post some places that you have seen or are staying at? I have looked as far as Makro on Srinakarin and as far as Prakanong in the other direction and not found much in my price range thats suitable.

Thanks

I'm currently a little fed up of renting and have decided that buying would probably be a better idea. I'm looking for a condo around the 1 million price. It's not alot but all I have :D . I have seen some nice places already but they are usually the 37 sqm size and I would ideally like to get a 60 sqm size with a swimming pool in the condo/complex. I'm in the Bangna area at the moment and would like somewhere near(a radius around) Seacon Square. I have been out on the strret...driving in my car and looking on the web sites....but nothin I've seen seems right for me yet.

Is it possible for you all to post some places that you have seen or are staying at? I have looked as far as Makro on Srinakarin and as far as Prakanong in the other direction and not found much in my price range thats suitable.

Thanks

60sqm, with swimming pool for 1millionBaht...............Mate, this is LOS, not FFL (Free for All).

I doubt you'll find any apartment in that price range for those requirements.

I got 1 that fits your exact requirement in Sukhumvit, but it's 4.5million Baht

:o

Hey natural points.

It's all down to location mate.I know what the prices are like in the center of BKK and realise what 1 mil would get me......but on the outskirts (like I am) there are quite a few...but would like to know of more to choose from. I've seen a real nice one today but that was at 1.5 which is just a little about my limit.

Never say never :o

No nice places in mind? :o

Somebody..... :D

Hey Jonboy,

Any luck mate????

I'm hoping to pick up something myself at that rate. But, the specs, size, location and facilities are pretty bad in the 1.5mil budget.

However, here's an interesting project:

www.metroparkcondo.com

Check it out!

:D

It seems very nice and very reasonable. If there were any places like that near me i'd expect 20-40% discounts due to the location thus making it nearly possible :o

Keep em coming but a little nearer please.

So near yet with the traffic.....soooo far!!

I've been looking for cheap apartments/condos for quite a while now...and the projects I've found around the 1 mil baht, I wouldn't invest my money in, just too old and rotten. You would be living in a dump and seen as an investment, you would never get your 1 mil back. If I had 1 mil and no mortgage, I would buy a studio in the new LPN-project on soi 77. It's sold out, but I've seen a few private sellers on the net.

Your best option would be to get some kind of financing, possibly here in Thailand or in your home country. I've heard of quite a few that got it from their home country. And several of the big thai banks claim that they will give up to 70% mortgages to foreigners. So if you've been here for a while with an income, this could be an option. I don't know any that've done it, but as late as last week SCB told me that was the conditions for foreigners. It would mean that you could be looking for projects of a higher grade, which would tend to hold its value, hopefully with a gain.

If you aren't able to stretch your money to 2 mil, my best advice, is to keep renting...rather than to waste 1 mil on something that won't hold its value. Best of luck though, if you find something of interest, please let us know.

MaiTai

Sorry no advice either..except to say I agree with MaiTai. If you can only afford 1 million just keep renting - whether you're fed up or not. It's better to rent than buy in Thailand anyway (its actually a better deal when everything is added up).

Forget the advice about mortgages too. You can't get a loan here from a bank unless you buy first (like borrow $ from a friend in your home country) buy it, register it at land office, then get a loan against it from a bank here. Then pay the friend back - it's all too complicated. You can only borrow money from two thai banks in SINGAPORE - it's a bridging loan in Sing $ or USD. But they charge you $5,000 as an 'arrangement fee' - then they wire the money the bangkok branch to meet BOT regs on money coming in from abroad..Also they are only interested in you if you're buying a place worth a minimum of 5 mill or something like that.

Sorry to be a downer..but hey, what's Srinakrin Road like? I've heard it's becoming quite an upmarket area with schools, upscale restautants and bars, shopping etc. and nice houses at more affordable prices. True?

Anybody know the price/m2 at Metro park??

The prices are on their Website - but it's slow to load. I worked it out to around 43,000 B/M2 - Not bad compared with some of the silly prices the developers had been trying out last year! Too small for me though - Anything uder around 85 M for a 2 bed is pretty small I think even by Western standards (Thai places are usually bigger).