Internet Access A Little Unstable

Konini

This isn't a huge problem, but I've let it sit for more than 6 months now - if I don't sort it out now I never will.

I have the TOT 13MBS package, I'm quite happy with it most of the time, but go through periods where I have to reset the modem 2 or 3 times a day; not often enough to be a problem, but often enough for it to irritate. I've recently gone back to daytime radio listening, and when streaming, of course, you notice the little blips more often. I've just had to pull the plug altogether on it, it has been fading in and out every minute or two this afternoon, which has prompted me to take action.

It's not enough of a problem for me to want to go and do any serious digging around, and I use it happens phone, tablet, laptop, so it's not the computer hardware, definitely either the line or the modem, and I'm going with modem as it seems to be much happier when I pull the big plug out and count to 10.

Although nobody is a clairvoyant, is it likely that I would I see any notable improvement if I were to ditch the Million modem that was supplied when we got it connected and buy a better quality one?

Oh, look at that - I downgraded them just a smidge further crazy.gif

I didn't think I could.

So a different one? And I know things electronic get warm, but the modem actually worries me at times; on the toasty side of warm.