Eviction of restaurants at Lam Takhong, Khorat

keestha

In a news source we are not allowed to mention, I read yesterday that 51 restaurants on state land overlooking the Lam Takhong reservoir have been served eviction orders. I stopped off there many times, it is right beside the highway from Saraburi to Khorat. The restaurants are accused of releasing waste water into the river, which they deny.. Authorities state that the encroached land is a recreational area for people to enjoy the scenery. Enjoying the magnificent view of the lake is exactly why I always stopped off at one of these restaurants, are people supposed to sit in the grass and picknick?

everyone who travels from bangkok to korat would surerly have stopped here.you will see pipes of all colours carrying the waste from toilets and kitchens which goes straight into the water.its a place of beauty thats been let to look like a rubbish tip.

not sure but there could be one or two or more houses built there aswell.

Yep I know that place as well

Its amazing really that many of us use that spot

But if its illegal, it will have to go.

I don't know what these people who work these places did before but really they will just have to leave.

Thats just how it is.

You Can mention the Bangkok Post but you can nor link or quot it.

Mor Pla Yang operators seek new premises

The Nation October 17, 2014 1:00 am

Leading members of the "Mor Pla Yang" area at the Lam Ta Khong Reservoir in Nakhon Ratchasima's Pak Chong district yesterday asked for the provincial governor to consider supporting the 51 eateries that have been ordered to vacate the premises by February.

The eviction order, issued by a committee in charge of resolving encroachment issues, came into effect yesterday.

Restaurant owner Suwet Chanchanteuk said the 51 operators had agreed to demolish the eateries, and so far, 20 of them had been partially torn down. Asking for a two-month extension on the deadline, the group is also asking for new premises, possibly at 315 rai (50.5-hectare) of Army-owned land 3 kilometres away on Mitraparap Highway.
Edited by khwaibah

They were operating businesses on public land. They can't do that anymore. They're asking for new premises because they want to be compensated for losing their old illegal businesses.

Is that it? I have no empathy for the restaurants. Bye...

Most of these places are generally empty, following the Thai custom of copying what was maybe a good idea until there are too many. I stopped twice and was impolitely served with bad food both times. Maybe there is room for a decent and discrete service area correctly licensed and run, that would make sure that no competition threw up its shacks.

Most of these places are generally empty, following the Thai custom of copying what was maybe a good idea until there are too many. I stopped twice and was impolitely served with bad food both times. Maybe there is room for a decent and discrete service area correctly licensed and run, that would make sure that no competition threw up its shacks.

stopped there many times,not for food,but to visit the nice clean toiletsbah.gif