London's Festival Of Thai Food & Culture 2006

cuddleypete

London's Festival of Thai Food & Culture 2006 takes place On Sunday August 13th. This year’s event is made extra special as it coincides with the 60th Anniversary of King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand's accession to the throne. The King is a jazz fan and this will be celebrated by a performance from Juliette Kelly, a leading UK singer.

The festival is great fun in the sunshine. For one day every year, Battersea Park is transformed into a Thai village. Dozens of stalls serve hot food, Thai drinks, souvenirs, crafts and fresh fruit and vegetables. Whilst exotic entertainment is provided by Thai musicians, dancers, martial artists and performers. A raffle with great prizes will also be held.

http://www.thaifestival.org.uk/index.html

Well the festival sounds really really good, I would love to go, but will strugge to get down there and back on the sunday from up north, oh well, have fun all those of you that can go :o

Well the festival sounds really really good, I would love to go, but will strugge to get down there and back on the sunday from up north, oh well, have fun all those of you that can go :o

If you check out the site CP posted there are two restaurants from the North displaying, perhaps it will be worth making the trip.

Good Luck

Moss

• 3 weeks later...

What was it like, I was going then had too cry off at the last minute.

Was it any different to the last couple of years, although I would have thought the weather must have been very similar to last year.

Any views?

Good Luck

Moss

well i went - left a sunny bristol for a wet and cloudy battersea.... got there just after 11 the weather was ok till about 12ish when the heavens opened - and it wasnt a light shower neither..... managed to find a thaivisa sign on one of the stalls - but it was packed full of bodies sheltering from the rain...

plenty to eat

plenty to drink

plenty of happy smilling thai faces, more importantly my mrs enjoyed the whole day

next year we'll get into a hotel and make a weekend of it - cos it aint much fun driving - 300 odd bloody miles today including pickups.... left at 8am got back 8:30pm - all in all a good day and well worth a visit

i can still picture and smell all that food cooking.. hhmmmmmm

:o

• 2 months later...