UK cops 'to only observe'

Lite Beer

Does Singapore have DNA Samples?

If not all the DNA in the Thai Officials hands is tainted.

And the headsman is still pouring drinks with a smile, drinks for all my police friends.....These 2 small Burmese could not do that much damage on 2 individuals.....

Huh ???

Have you ever suffered a massive head wound? Even been in a serious fight? I have to assume that the answer to both is "no"

Give it a rest. According to the RTP, initially, David's DNA was not found on the alleged murder weapon - the hoe. Strange how that changed with the re-enactment. Must have been overlooked.

Making comments for the sake of being a pain in the neck (no pun intended), is not at all helpful.

• Like 2

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like another excuse for a 'jolly' by the British police. Probably held a raffle to see who would be lucky enough to travel at tax payer's expense to the sunshine

Having allowed 1400 girls as young as 10 to be seriously sexually abused for ten years, despite being made aware of the abuse on numerous occasions, the British police don't have the highest of credentials, and they haven't been shy of 'fitting up'innocent suspects to close a case

Won't be long before the selected 'plods' will be photographed by a British tabloid with a girl on one hand and a Singha in the other

Hopefully a high quality defence barrister will be appointed who will put to the Prosecution all the difficult, unanswered questions that this enquiry has thrown up

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Major terrorist attack vs two murders

Small Island with limited forensic experience vs Australia (I could write a paragraph about the experiece Australia has)

Australia's closest neighbor

At that point in time excellent bilateral communication

That is all and the fact that I had to explain it to you - I call TROLL!!

Agreed. To compare the two crimes is almost obscene.

say what you want but a foreign investigation in a sovereign country..yeah thats possible

and for me its obscene that a fair full investigation depends by the number of victims

No one said it was the number of victims, they are very different types of crime.

Absolutely, no doubt the British police have already been collecting their evidence, interviewing all Hannahs and Davids friends who were there with them as well as Sean. Its plain obvious this will have been done. Its time for Thailand to realise the games going to be over very very soon and if they obstruct the British police in their endeavors then the UK will make this plain to the world and Thailand that this has been a complete cover up for the sake of a few influential people. It does not bode well for Thailand now or in the future.

Traps set and ready to bite,,,,A British PM does not get involved in a matter like this for no reason. The British know there is a miscarriage of justice going down here......

And it's unacceptable and they will do everything in there power to stop it.

Britain on its own has no power, but when included with Europe, USA and maybe Japan ...thats power

A travel warning against Thailand issued by the former would be devastating for Thailand.

These guys, whatever their role, will smell a rat a mile away and be on it.

I believe the 'rat' has already been smelled rolleyes.gif

Edited by thailandchilli

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Major terrorist attack vs two murders

Small Island with limited forensic experience vs Australia (I could write a paragraph about the experiece Australia has)

Australia's closest neighbor

At that point in time excellent bilateral communication

That is all and the fact that I had to explain it to you - I call TROLL!!

Agreed. To compare the two crimes is almost obscene.

say what you want but a foreign investigation in a sovereign country..yeah thats possible

and for me its obscene that a fair full investigation depends by the number of victims

No one said it was the number of victims, they are very different types of crime.

sure.but the investigation in a sovereign country can be done...

is that wanted by thai government?

Suthep's pic with a suspect makes me think bad

Edited by kaobang

Not much point them coming then. It didn't help in Chiang Mai case... Very sad to see Thailand, its leaders and it's police treat human life like this..

Only one way to get justice and that is for the people of the world to stop coming to Thailand, especially those islands.. That will remain to b seen if the people of the world are committed to justice. If human history is to be repeated the people will return. We simply forget overtime. Sad but true... Thailand knows this all to well.

2 more lives will b taken just to rub our noses in it....

I guess those islands are even more dangerous than we ever thought... If you think about it they have gone to a lot of trouble to clear Nomsods name. Of course it only takes 1 photo to show him on the island, one piece of his phone data, one leaked piece of CCTV footage, anything really to completely destroy his alibi and truly show the world how disgusting this cover up is. If I was Nomsod and the authorities I would b shitttting myself forever that that could happen. Someone somewhere holds Thailand reputation and this kids life in their hands. Just depends on when the info comes out and who wants to prove it.

Money can truly buy you everything and anything. Can it b reversed on his alibi.. Time to dig a bit deeper perhaps and fight fire with fire.

I may have missed something but you appear to have good knowledge of the incident. I thought Nomsad had an alibi provided by the university he was allegedly attending, together with CCTV footage. I might have misread this article earlier in the investigation but if what you are suggesting is true then boy, we have the biggest criminal conspiracy ever to be brought to the forefront of a criminal investigation.

I do not know his or his family's background but according to many on here it is allegedly not good. From reading many media reports, together with posts on TVF, the suggestion of a conspiracy is such that for a cover up to occur, then there has to be many police, possibly soldiers, residents of Koh Tao, university staff and families to be involved.

I honestly do not know who committed these horrendous crimes and do not believe any of those who are suggesting a conspiracy and cover up do either. Looking at the overall situation I can see that the RTP have made a lot of mistakes and there has, what appears to be, a poor interpretation/translation of the wording in statements released by them.

Maybe all of you who have a one sided view should sit back, relax and wait until there is direct evidence of the two suspects being scape goats, of being set up and tortured to make false admissions. Then and only then, if you are right, can you gloat and tell us that you told us so. Until then, whatever you are going on about is brought about through hearsay and circumstantial evidence, speculation and assumptions, not direct factual evidence.

So please, even though we are aware of certain aspects of this inquiry being less than desirable, let the inquiry take its course, and the Court make its decision. No matter what, none of us will ever be privy to all the evidence obtained unless insiders become whistle blowers and then, if that occurs, you can state, with clear and concise facts, that you were right.

His Father gave DNA so he was cleared by the police.

He loves to speak for others.

What are the British going to observe, the BIB said the investigation was complete and airtight.

That's what you get, when you have an un-elected PM and government ,.... wai2.gifwai2.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

I told everyone who was vowing for the Shinawatra-quickfix-punishments by the PM aka former army general,.... be careful what you wish for... I mean, not that I vow for the former ruling party or anything, but the fact is, the quality of so called democratic process and justice isn't gonna get any better with the un-elected PM and the C****-sucking PAD Democrats.

The quick point is, both parties hate each other, and the leaders of each parties just want to destroy each other and exploit their followers, that's what it's all about. It was never about for the good of the people of Thailand, but who RULES the corruption and face of Thailand....

Back to topic, what did you expect? That the Thai authority would welcome the independent investigators with open arms and allow an independent investigation? Too much stubborn, influential face at stake. The elite in Thailand is so old-fashioned stubborn, that they do everything to save that sorry face, even though the majority of the world sees right through it, even a kindergarten kid can see the difference. The whole world knows, but the Thai elite aka mafia is just keeping its principles....

And part of history continues on Koh Tao, they treat the Burmese like a piece of scape goat crap, pay a few millions to the Thai judges in advance and call it quits behind closed doors and play theatre for the International communities....

Reality is, the rich and powerful of Thailand are largely an arrogant and odious lot, who think that when they speak everyone should nod and eat up their words without thought or question.

They are a largely ghastly bunch

G thanks for that pearl of wisdom

Does Singapore have DNA Samples?

If not all the DNA in the Thai Officials hands is tainted.

And the headsman is still pouring drinks with a smile, drinks for all my police friends.....These 2 small Burmese could not do that much damage on 2 individuals.....

Huh ???

Have you ever suffered a massive head wound? Even been in a serious fight? I have to assume that the answer to both is "no"

Give it a rest. According to the RTP, initially, David's DNA was not found on the alleged murder weapon - the hoe. Strange how that changed with the re-enactment. Must have been overlooked.

Making comments for the sake of being a pain in the neck (no pun intended), is not at all helpful.

Here is where your argument fails. Your selective acceptance of RTP statements.

We will see in court what evidence actually exists.

• Like 2

is that wanted by thailand?

No it is not wanted by Thailand and many people suspect ulterior motives for that ( me included).

However, if Suthep being in a photograph with suspected criminals, hoodlums, gangsters and assorted bad eggs makes you feel bad

I suggest you avoid all his photos where he is not alone.

• Like 1

The only place that British police have jurisdiction is in Britain. They have no legal authority at all in Thailand.

Imagine the hoo haa if a Thai was murdered in the UK and the Thai government expected expected the UK to surrender all legal authority to a couple of visiting members of the RTP

Yes - but it would all be over in a day, with a couple of Romanian car-wash workers having already confessed . . .

Edited by robsamui

is that wanted by thai government?

No it is not wanted by Thailand and many people suspect ulterior motives for that ( me included).

However, if Suthep being in a photograph with suspected criminals, hoodlums, gangsters and assorted bad eggs makes you feel bad

thinking bad..but feeling good i mean i was always right about that man....

dont say its not wanted by thailand

its not wanted by influential people in the army and in the police...but lof of thais want it

Edited by kaobang

the difference is the british police do there job don't take tea money ,wish i had to pay 200 bt every time i got stopped for speeding in the UK ,

Even Prince Charles was fined for speeding!

No way! That is a totally screwed up system if the future king is given a speeding fine.

Why? No-one should be above the law, what's so special about Prince Charles?

Wake up! I think that's what Neeranam was saying.

Result?

Cameron gets some brownie points and more votes next GE

Thai PM gets international brownie points for allowing observers

Thai PM may get extra brownie points for shifting a few cops around and claim he's addressing incompetence (corruption)

Village headman and followers get away Scot free

Stitched culprits spend some time in prison and family live off contents of brown envelope

Hippy visitors will continue going there as they don't give a shit

Everybody satisfied and happy

Except the family of he victims and those of us who truly want to know if Thailand is really this low

• Like 1

its not wanted by influential people in the army and in the police...but lof of thais want it

My apologies for not being clear. I meant the Thai corrupt authorities.

I did not mean to cast doubt on the Thai people, I live here and know most Thai people to be warm and friendly

their presence on CSI LA gives all farangs hope for Thailands future The new generation will make Thailand a great

nation if the corruption can be stopped.

CSI LA g

"We will see in court what evidence actually exists." Will we jd. British press allowed to attend are they? No reporting restrictions of course. No evidence will be presented if the scapegoats plead guilty in court. Since they are in Ko Samui prison, `authorities have had plenty more time to work on/threaten them further. Evidence will only be presented if they plead not guilty.

AGAIN. blink.png

Seems like another excuse for a 'jolly' by the British police. Probably held a raffle to see who would be lucky enough to travel at tax payer's expense to the sunshine

Having allowed 1400 girls as young as 10 to be seriously sexually abused for ten years, despite being made aware of the abuse on numerous occasions, the British police don't have the highest of credentials, and they haven't been shy of 'fitting up'innocent suspects to close a case

Won't be long before the selected 'plods' will be photographed by a British tabloid with a girl on one hand and a Singha in the other

Hopefully a high quality defence barrister will be appointed who will put to the Prosecution all the difficult, unanswered questions that this enquiry has thrown up

The CID are often here in Thailand investigating issues that are not bandied around on the media. This issue has international media focus on it and will therefore be conducted by experienced coppers who know what the game plan and rules are

I did not mean to cast doubt on the Thai people, I live here and know most Thai people to be warm and friendly

their presence on CSI LA gives all farangs hope for Thailands future The new generation will make Thailand a great

CSI LA g

Because the police in the UK are certainly not only professional.. They are above corruption and links to organized crime!!

This story will take some wind out of sails around here!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/new-investigation-after-2000-police-officers-are-implicated-in-corruption-9802832.html

JTJ

Now if we accept what you say ( on hundreds of posts ) then the clear conclusion is as follows ;

The case is cut and dried.

The RTP have done a sound and professional job without fear or favour.

All the culprits have been identified and justice will be served.

The British Police will be observing only and will confirm all is well.

The negative media and online reports are purely the work of conspiracy nutters and bitter twisted individuals who hate Thailand and all its citizens.

There will be no negative consequencies whatsoever in regard to tourism or the reputation of Thailand or its present rulers.

So we have established these facts , are entirely satisfied that the whole affair is a storm in a tea cup that will blow away by next Tuesday around lunchtime.

So given all this one thing strikes me as odd , why do you keep banging on about it , why not just sit back and revel in the knowledge that you are right and the loonies are wrong . I read something once by some bloke who wrote that a lady 'Doth Protest too much ' , for some reason that pops into my head every time you post.

The police have done an investigation and will be presented to the courts not the media. The international community will follow this court case and the British police will observe. There are no conclusions until the jury or judge makes the verdict. Relax and wait to see what happens people.

Who has said that it isn't / hasn't been done? As I have said previously, the Bill don't run around mouthing off all day what has or hasn't been or being done. No need for 1/2 hour contradictory press releases reported from the lowest level BIB through to the top.

The UK have the bodies and the DNA inside of Hannah.
If the body was embalmed before repatriation to UK there is most likely no DNA to be found on body except that of the victim herself.

I'm not an expert on coroner practices, but I would think it would be highly suspicious if Thai authorities had embalmed the body without the approval of the family or British authorities, especially in light of the fact that embalming is rarely done in Thailand due to Buddhist practices. And, that clearly preserving DNA would be a priority in a high profile murder case as this.... Highly suspicious.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge or experience in these matters can contradict this.

Unfortunately I can confirm that they can, and do, embalm here. In July a good friend sadly died of a heart-attack. His body was embalmed and chilled until his brother could come and confirm what he wanted to happen with the body.

However sense would say that, in a case like this, the body would be offered "as is" to the home country. With my friend there was no suspicious circumstances (apart from the police failing to notify the embassy....not suspicious but very poor show indeed!).

Not sure how the body was sent but fairly sure airlines require the body to be embalmbed

CSI LA g

Because the police in the UK are certainly not only professional.. They are above corruption and links to organized crime!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/new-investigation-after-2000-police-officers-are-implicated-in-corruption-9802832.html

Nice headlines, but if you read the article it states that "1 per cent of the 200,000" officers were found to be corrupt. Even thats too many but pales into comparison with Thailand corrupt police force, what would you say the figure was on that....

CSI LA g

He is looking at this from a perspective of logic and sensibility rather than emotion and anger. No need to get personnel is there?

CSI LA g

So, you`re suggesting the Brit pol will be paid off by influential people in Thailand just like their Thai counterparts. It would have to be a fat envelope as Brit Pol are not owed protection in return for past political favors and business arrangements.

Just waiting for the children and losers to start claiming the UK police are either corrupt of unprofessional... well sometimes like everywhere a few slip through.. but... when found no matter the timescale they are dealt with and publicly.

Unlike here... so spare us the excuses and whining...

I dare say JTJand jdinasia are all over the thread like a bad smell

CSI LA g

Nice headlines, but if you read the article it states that "1 per cent of the 200,000" officers were found to be corrupt. Even thats too many but pales into comparison with Thailand corrupt police force, what would you say the figure was on that....

Umm you stopped short:)

However, the previously unnoticed report said the problem at the time was “far wider” and made clear the 2,000 figure did not include officers suspected of “criminality and misconduct”, which included dealing and using drugs ranging from steroids to crack cocaine, fraud, domestic violence and “sexist, racist and homophobic behaviour”.

The report suggested that police who had committed crimes should be dealt with behind closed doors The report suggested that police who had committed crimes should be dealt with behind closed doors (Ian Forsyth /Getty Images)

The report cited raids where suspects were apparently expecting police, had no incriminating evidence and had “already got the kettle on when the police arrive”.

One investigator is quoted as saying: “A good villain can’t operate without having a bent officer...it’s impossible.”

Who has said that it isn't / hasn't been done? As I have said previously, the Bill don't run around mouthing off all day what has or hasn't been or being done. No need for 1/2 hour contradictory press releases reported from the lowest level BIB through to the top.

The UK have the bodies and the DNA inside of Hannah.
If the body was embalmed before repatriation to UK there is most likely no DNA to be found on body except that of the victim herself.

I'm not an expert on coroner practices, but I would think it would be highly suspicious if Thai authorities had embalmed the body without the approval of the family or British authorities, especially in light of the fact that embalming is rarely done in Thailand due to Buddhist practices. And, that clearly preserving DNA would be a priority in a high profile murder case as this.... Highly suspicious.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge or experience in these matters can contradict this.

Unfortunately I can confirm that they can, and do, embalm here. In July a good friend sadly died of a heart-attack. His body was embalmed and chilled until his brother could come and confirm what he wanted to happen with the body.

However sense would say that, in a case like this, the body would be offered "as is" to the home country. With my friend there was no suspicious circumstances (apart from the police failing to notify the embassy....not suspicious but very poor show indeed!).

Not sure how the body was sent but fairly sure airlines require the body to be embalmbed

I have been to many funerals here and I doubt that even if hey were embalmed that they would have completely cleaned the bodies of any DNA evidence. They would have just sprayed them with embalming fluid and thats it.

Kun Suthep makes Thaksin look like Mother Teresa

Just waiting for the children and losers to start claiming the UK police are either corrupt of unprofessional... well sometimes like everywhere a few slip through.. but... when found no matter the timescale they are dealt with and publicly.

Unlike here... so spare us the excuses and whining...

I dare say JTJand jdinasia are all over the thread like a bad smell

But they don't resort to name calling. Why are you afraid of an alternative opinion to your own.