Dashcam for pcx125

Sydneycraig

After a cam setup for my bike

Front facing and wide angle

Only for computer playback in event of an accident so doesn't need to be HD

One that records when I start bike ideally and records over old footage once memory is full

Ideally hooked into bike battery, or maby an external battery pack

Any ideas? Samui based for now so maby limited options but can order online too

Cheers

I only have them in our cars, not on our bikes.

I see more and more riders with cams on their helmets lately. But as for the power source, I'm sure they're battery operated.

Theft must be an issue if they're on the bike. A 4k baht electronic just sitting there is going to be tempting when parked in Tesco or whatever.

The ones for cars have plummeted in price recently. The last one we got last month for 1,600 has the same specs as a 5,000b one 1 yr ago.

I'm interested in hooking up our bikes, so please keep us posted.

Edited by CBR650

When you fit the socket make sure it is waterproof with a sealing cam, and/or preferably shielded from the rain.

I am buying a small cam in the Uk, the new model tiny cameras are very good.

I don't get why you want to film an accident if you are on a bike, in a car where you won't get injured perhaps, especially in the west, but don't see the point in Thailand. If you are farang it is automatically your fault.

I am buying an SJ1000, but suggest you buy a cheaper more compact model without a screen.

If you are farang it is automatically your fault.

Exactly why he should get one.

You give the footage to your insurance company and they do the rest.

Before that happens, if the other party start lying make sure to point out that was captured on video, if that doesn't stop them, point out that your lawyer will be filing charges if they lie to the police with info that the video footage contradicts.

They will find a way to deem the footage inadmissible, this is Thailand. "A farang filing charges against a poor Thai?", I don't think so, but I am a born cynic when it comes to Thai justice.

Look at all the guys here who get divorced and after fighting for years for what they are entitled to, get nothing and two I know who did get something, a bullet.

But you may be right.....

Before that happens, if the other party start lying make sure to point out that was captured on video, if that doesn't stop them, point out that your lawyer will be filing charges if they lie to the police with info that the video footage contradicts.

They will find a way to deem the footage inadmissible, this is Thailand. "A farang filing charges against a poor Thai?", I don't think so, but I am a born cynic when it comes to Thai justice.

Look at all the guys here who get divorced and after fighting for years for what they are entitled to, get nothing and two I know who did get something, a bullet.

One of the main reasons is to nip any lies in the bud. Straight after an accident when people start going over what happened you show them the camera and that it is all captured.

I know someone who had charges dropped against him because the video footage clearly showed the other party were telling porkies.

But if you feel it's safer and best to not go around with a dashcam, you are certainly free to do so. biggrin.png

Edited by CBR650

One of the main reasons is to nip any lies in the bud. Straight after an accident when people start going over what happened you show them the camera and that it is all captured.

I know someone who had charges dropped against him because the video footage clearly showed the other party were telling porkies.

But if you feel it's safer and best to not go around with a dashcam, you are certainly free to do so. biggrin.png

I assume some bugga is going to pull out in front of me at every opportunity and that there is trouble around the next corner and ride accordingly. I am less worried about who's fault it is I am in a wheelchair, more concerned about making sure I stay out of one. I see a dash cam as another distraction.

But not everyone rides like I do, so horses for courses, so I do see your point and in a car, where I am protected, it then comes down to damage to the vehicle, then a camera is useful.

I researched a front and rear DVR setup but no one makes a waterproof looping recorder that is switched on by ignition to my knowledge.

It's all battery sportscams with a USB cable charging it, but it probably won't turn on or record automatically.

One sort of solution would be to wire a 12v home DVR somewhere waterproof and then run waterproof cameras to it.

Again, I don't know if it would turn on and start recording automatically when it gets power.

I know a Farang that was knocked off his scooter by a drunk Thai car and the judge asked him what the felon's punishment should be.

He said nothing so the judge gave him 2 years jail on the spot to set an example not to drive drunk and hurt Farangs.

I think a bike DVR is a very large missed opportunity for someone to make lots of money off of.

a really nice camera is the Sony Action cam, they got image stablization and you can record in low quality to get many hours out of it. they can be hooked to the handle bar of your PCX or in a case glued to your helmet.

since they are batter powered you take it with you everywhere.

the Go pro can do the same too.

it's a good investment if you can afford 7-10K baht.

I assume some bugga is going to pull out in front of me at every opportunity and that there is trouble around the next corner and ride accordingly. I am less worried about who's fault it is I am in a wheelchair, more concerned about making sure I stay out of one. I see a dash cam as another distraction.

But not everyone rides like I do, so horses for courses,

Oh okay, you're one of these super riders where accidents cannot happen because you ride so well.

thumbsup.gif