Manchester City

mrbojangles

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-opinion-david-silvas-9203694 last paragraph: "In terms of consistent performance (SILVA) has been THE best midfielder in the Premier League for the last five seasons, and PFA members should hang their heads in shame" (for only including him once).

Does anybody disagree? If you do, who has been best midfielder past 5 seasons?

Who says there's only been one?

If you mean "one" in relation to Silva, I.e. his one inclusion into the PFA team, it was in 2011-12.

If you mean "one" in relation to the question I asked of "who has been best midfielder in the past 5 seasons", the question is pretty clear, i.e. which midfield player.

The vote isn't over five seasons.

Why should PFA members, who know more about football than a bunch of biased hacks, "hang their heads in shame".

What a load of rubbish.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-opinion-david-silvas-9203694 last paragraph: "In terms of consistent performance (SILVA) has been THE best midfielder in the Premier League for the last five seasons, and PFA members should hang their heads in shame" (for only including him once).

Does anybody disagree? If you do, who has been best midfielder past 5 seasons?

Who says there's only been one?

If you mean "one" in relation to Silva, I.e. his one inclusion into the PFA team, it was in 2011-12.

If you mean "one" in relation to the question I asked of "who has been best midfielder in the past 5 seasons", the question is pretty clear, i.e. which midfield player.

The vote isn't over five seasons.

Why should PFA members, who know more about football than a bunch of biased hacks, "hang their heads in shame".

What a load of rubbish.

Typical chicog I see, yet again trying to be smart instead of simply joining in.

See you're trying (purposely) to cross two things here.

First one was about Silva only being included once in 5 years in PFA team (2 years of which he was one of the key players in championship winning teams) which seems, to the M.E.N. writer, and to me, as a bit hard to fathom. At the same time players like Lallana Parker and others were included.

Second one was my question. In terms of consistent performance, (SILVA) has been THE best midfielder in the Premier League for the last five season, if anyone disagrees, who would they say has been if not Silva.

Simple stuff chicog, but you know that don't ya!

Typical chicog I see, yet again trying to be smart instead of simply joining in.

First one was about Silva only being included once in 5 years in PFA team (2 years of which he was one of the key players in championship winning teams) which seems, to the M.E.N. writer, and to me, as a bit hard to fathom. At the same time players like Lallana Parker and others were included.

Second one was my question. In terms of consistent performance, (SILVA) has been THE best midfielder in the Premier League for the last five season, if anyone disagrees, who would they say has been if not Silva.

The whole article is bleating that the PFA members know less about Silva than some reporter.

Get real will ya!

As for who did better than him, I'm not doing your homework for you. Whoever the PFA voted for did.

You sound like a Chelski fan with your conspiracy nonsense.

The whole article is bleating that the PFA members know less about Silva than some reporter.

Get real will ya!

As for who did better than him, I'm not doing your homework for you. Whoever the PFA voted for did.

You sound like a Chelski fan with your conspiracy nonsense.

Still being unreasonable I see.

So chicog, in YOUR opinion, who has been the best midfielder over the past 5 seasons, Silva or somebody else. Understand the question yet? So your answer is Silva or who?

I don't think there has been a "best midfielder over the past 5 seasons".

I'm not doing your work for you. Fill your boots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFA_Team_of_the_Year_(2010s)

Still ain't got it eh, never mind. So my opinion is Silva, yours is there hasn't been a best midfielder over the past 5 years. Well glad we sorted that out so quickly.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

http://m.premierleague.com/content/mobile/en-gb/news/article.090515-manchester-city-win-premier-league-international-cup.html

Patrick Vieira savoured a "special moment" with his first trophy as manager of the Manchester City Under-21s as they claimed the inaugural Premier League International Cup with a 1-0 in over Porto.

Man City's route to the final

Group stagesv Benfica 3-1 (Scorers: Ntcham, Fofana, Barker)v Schalke 5-1 (Ambrose, Ntcham, Barker, Byrne, Hiwula)v Leicester City 2-3 (Pozo, Ntcham)Quarter-finalsv Celtic 0-0 (5-3 on penalties)Semi-finalsv Leicester City 3-2 (aet; 2-2) (Iheanocho, Pozo, Garcia)Top scorer 3 goals - Oliver Ntcham

Still ain't got it eh, never mind. So my opinion is Silva, yours is there hasn't been a best midfielder over the past 5 years. Well glad we sorted that out so quickly.

Do you get all your opinions out of newspapers?

coffee1.gif

beIN sports are reporting that Pep Guardiola has verbally agreed to join City in the summer. Also, we have reportedly offered 100m Euro's for Pogba

"Guillem Balage says reports that Pep Guardiola will leave Bayern Munich for Manchester City in the summer are ‘rubbish’.

The sports channel beIN Sports tweeted on Saturday afternoon that the Bayern boss had reached a verbal agreement to take over at the Etihad.

But, speaking on Sky Sports, Spanish football expert Balague said there is absolutely no truth in the claim.

“I have asked both clubs and the entourage of the manager and two of the three have come out with the same word: rubbish,” said Balague.

“It is nonsense, nothing in it - no agreement, no talks, nothing in it at all.”"

And the Pogba story is probably rubbish too.

Someone's pulling Key's plonker.

thumbsup.gif

So BB mate, we agree on MEN and its reporting. Where do you stand on their own report that Pep is nailed on for next season.?

I find it hard to believe they can push that story when the rest of the world is none the wiser.

redrus

Do you get all your opinions out of newspapers?

coffee1.gif

Why is that where you get yours from?

Mine's from watching televised games and the occasional visit to a home game when back in Manchester.

So BB mate, we agree on MEN and its reporting. Where do you stand on their own report that Pep is nailed on for next season.?

I find it hard to believe they can push that story when the rest of the world is none the wiser.

redrus

I'm also finding it very hard to believe.

redrus

I'm also finding it very hard to believe.

Pep apparently doesn't want to break his contract.

if the last 5 yrs is the yardstick

frank lampard wins in a canter, check his recordsmile.png

Yes you make a decent shout here i reckon. Lampard has been an incredibly effective player over the years with a phenomenal scoring record.

Yes you make a decent shout here i reckon. Lampard has been an incredibly effective player over the years with a phenomenal scoring record.

Over the LAST 5 years I don't think so. Last year so so, this year almost non-existent.

Who do you support? I'm guessing from your previous posts it's chelsea but worth checking.

Yeah he's obviously biased.

Agüero has now scored 28 goals in 30 games this season. In his time in England he (plus Suarez) probably has been the standout forward. Yet still he's not deemed good enough for the Premier team of the Season...very strange.

Mate get used to it, it is southern media jealousy against the north, he would be my first pick he is that good.

nev, wasn't it voted for by the players? assuming you mean the PFA one?

The players for the PFA one are selected in January. Wasn't he injured a lot in the first half of the season?

If so, it's understandable.

Sergio Aguero bags hat-trick against QPR - so why didn't he make PFA Team of the Year?

Argentina striker stretched his lead at head of this season's Premier League goalscorers against relegated QPR

Sergio Aguero's sterling season in front of goal continued today, as the Argentinian striker hit a hat-trick to condemn QPR to relegation.

Aguero also bagged an assist - he now has 25 Premier League goals this season, five ahead of Harry Kane, and six more than Diego Costa - the two front men who looked set to duke it out to be top scorer a month and a half ago.His goals today made him the first Manchester City player to score at least 24 in a single Premier League season.In addition, his assist today took him to eight - meaning he has been responsible for 33 of City's 77 league goals despite playing only 31 games, in a disappointing season for Manuel Pellegrini's men.It's all the more baffling, then, that Aguero failed to make the PFA Team of the Year - with Kane and Costa preferred to him up front.He also failed to make the shortlist for PFA Player of the Year, an award eventually won by Chelsea's Eden Hazard as Jose Mourinho's side romped to their first league title in five years.Perhaps Aguero has passed under his fellow professionals' radar no thanks to injury and City's relatively poor form compared to last season.But without Costa, Chelsea still have Hazard - indisputably the league's best player this season.Take away Aguero's contribution, and City may well have experienced the ultimate failure in missing out on the Champions League.

Thoroughly enjoyable game last night for everybody but QPR fans. Thought our energy levels and commitment looked far better last night.

Bit sorry for QPR fans as I have a bit of a soft spot for them, not sure whether it's because of the great name or goes back to Rodney and Stan Bowles; reckon they'll be back soon. Never nice being relegated as we blues know...I'm currently reading the 'Balti pie' City book which brings back my memories of those times (freezing cold away defeat at Port Vale vividly imprinted).

A year ago tonight we were champions...lets hope in a calendar year we'll be celebrating again.

Let's hope so BB. But I think we will have to spend this year. Interestingly we have spent less than United, Chelsea and Liverpool over the last 2 years to try and comply with FFP. I think we should shove two fingers up at them this year as United (even with their deb't) are outspending everyone in the prem. This is what's wrong with FFP in my opinion.

post-19542-0-24664700-1431331607_thumb.j

A year ago tonight we were champions...lets hope in a calendar year we'll be celebrating again.

Let's hope so BB. But I think we will have to spend this year. Interestingly we have spent less than United, Chelsea and Liverpool over the last 2 years to try and comply with FFP. I think we should shove two fingers up at them this year as United (even with their deb't) are outspending everyone in the prem. This is what's wrong with FFP in my opinion.

attachicon.gifEPL spend.JPG

I think the management will factor this in when reviewing Pelle end of season. Spending was a factor this season; we are the "little horse" currently.