Manchester City

mrbojangles

we can't because clubs like yours lifted the bar on salaries to such an obscene levels no one else can afford to even pay the salaries of your cast offs.

That, my friend is possibly your biggest crime against the football worldbiggrin.png

Guilty as charged, but somehow I can't seem to feel bad about it.biggrin.png

But hey, luck for Spurs in my book. I don't hate on 'em at all. I save most of my loathing for Chelsea.bah.gif

• Like 1

we can't because clubs like yours lifted the bar on salaries to such an obscene levels no one else can afford to even pay the salaries of your cast offs.

That, my friend is possibly your biggest crime against the football worldbiggrin.png

Dzeko surely wouldn't want much now would he? After all he's only average or less......much better centre forwards in EPL, Benteke, Lukaku, Michu and maybe even Ba and Torres. wink.png

Hmm guess any interested club would have to take up the rest of his wage contract.

Edited by uptheos

Dzeko surely wouldn't want much now would he? After all he's only average or less......much better centre forwards in EPL, Benteke, Lukaku, Michu and maybe even Ba and Torres. wink.png

Hmm guess any interested club would have to take up the rest of his wage contract.

I wouldn't put Dzeko in the same company with any of those listed. Even basket case Torres, but that might be a close call.

As an old timer I don't particularly like the way football is going, but it's going to go that way regardless and see no point getting all huffed and puffed about it. City will spend whatever it takes to regain the number one spot and they have the backing to do it. I really don't believe they've signed their biggest yet. Man U still may play a trump card or two to consolidate, especially if they sell Rooney and see City buying, they will be looking for a top star to join them. Chelsea have already wasted a lot of money, but they have also acquired some very good players and with Mourinho there plus a few good signings they will be right up there. The fact is these three clubs currently have the backing if required and don't necessarily have to sell in order to buy, which isn't true of other clubs.

It's a circus, but it's here to stay and I'm sure there are other oil rich countries looking for a club and when they do come knocking with their billions, the supporters will have the same welcoming arms as all the other. I just wish they'd come knocking down Brisbane Rd. laugh.png

• Like 1

I must admit smokes that I'm very excited at what I'm seeing at the moment. These look like top drawer signings and the main thing is we are moving in on them early this year, instead of lastminute.com.

Doesn,t take much for Ciy fans to get excited does it- whoever these "top drawer signings" are when they sign for City they automatically become superstars-in the eyes of the "blue moaners" that is-heard it ALL before whistling.gif

Some differing views on Nasri there. To me, he's been lazy when given plenty of opportunities and a true professional wouldn't let whatever problems he had with the Manager get in the way of performing on the pitch. And another thing that craws at me to this day is the way he ducked away from his position in the wall that resulted in a goal.

What about this huge signing jinglejangles?

You're desperate for it.....even more than your American pal....come on....admit it!! biggrin.png

I must admit smokes that I'm very excited at what I'm seeing at the moment. These look like top drawer signings and the main thing is we are moving in on them early this year, instead of lastminute.com.

But is jesus a top drawer signing, i'm pretty sure you lot said the same about Johnson, Nasri, if people on here have seen a lot of him and say his the <deleted> then fair enough but if thats not the case then best to wait until half way through the season before judging him.Not exactly a regular in the national team and doesn't score many goals so i look forward to seeing how good he is coffee1.gif

As an old timer I don't particularly like the way football is going, but it's going to go that way regardless and see no point getting all huffed and puffed about it. City will spend whatever it takes to regain the number one spot and they have the backing to do it. I really don't believe they've signed their biggest yet. Man U still may play a trump card or two to consolidate, especially if they sell Rooney and see City buying, they will be looking for a top star to join them. Chelsea have already wasted a lot of money, but they have also acquired some very good players and with Mourinho there plus a few good signings they will be right up there. The fact is these three clubs currently have the backing if required and don't necessarily have to sell in order to buy, which isn't true of other clubs.

It's a circus, but it's here to stay and I'm sure there are other oil rich countries looking for a club and when they do come knocking with their billions, the supporters will have the same welcoming arms as all the other. I just wish they'd come knocking down Brisbane Rd. laugh.png

Perfectly put ! Excellent post IMO.clap2.gif I don't think I could add a thing regarding the money circus. Couldn't agree more about Chelsea, though I hope I'm wrong.

Some differing views on Nasri there. To me, he's been lazy when given plenty of opportunities and a true professional wouldn't let whatever problems he had with the Manager get in the way of performing on the pitch. And another thing that craws at me to this day is the way he ducked away from his position in the wall that resulted in a goal.

You're desperate for it.....even more than your American pal....come on....admit it!! biggrin.png

But is jesus a top drawer signing, i'm pretty sure you lot said the same about Johnson, Nasri, if people on here have seen a lot of him and say his the <deleted> then fair enough but if thats not the case then best to wait until half way through the season before judging him.Not exactly a regular in the national team and doesn't score many goals so i look forward to seeing how good he is coffee1.gif

Good points alfie....that's why I have this feeling that his coming (excuse the pun) is the forerunner of a star player yet to go to City and the offloading their cast off's to lower EPL teams or abroad, assuming they can pay any outstanding wage/contract bills. It's great to see all these new players in the EPL, all we need is some way to watch them. biggrin.png

Who cares, we won't be buying any of them. Mind you, we'll still be linked to everyone until someone comes in and buys themsmile.png

Navas has played 20 plus times for Spain, the world champions. When you consider they have players like Xavi, Iniesta, Mata, Silva,Fabregas to name just 5, he cant be bad if he has made 20 odd appearances, can he?

Re Johnson, I dont believe anybody came on here saying he was a top drawer signing. He was a young lad with undoubted talent. Unfortunately that talent was wasted as he found he had a bigger talent... boozing. The booze and birds did him in!!

Navas has played 20 plus times for Spain, the world champions. When you consider they have players like Xavi, Iniesta, Mata, Silva,Fabregas to name just 5, he cant be bad if he has made 20 odd appearances, can he?

Re Johnson, I dont believe anybody came on here saying he was a top drawer signing. He was a young lad with undoubted talent. Unfortunately that talent was wasted as he found he had a bigger talent... boozing. The booze and birds did him in!!

I just asked the question, is he a top drawer signing ?and if people on here have seen a lot of him and say his the <deleted> then fair enough but if thats not the case then best to wait until half way through the season before judging him and you answered with

he cant be bad if he has made 20 odd appearances, can he?

so thanks that answers my question wai.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Will he be as successful at City as their two previous Brazilians, Jo and Robinho?

Oh i'm sure having penned his new contract he'll come out the winner.

Some talk going around that City might be interested in Mario Gomez from Bayern. Not the expected big name signing, but I like him. Great poacher.

Sh1t...thats counts us out again if its true, and i can see some truth in a potential move for Gomez too.

Some talk going around that City might be interested in Mario Gomez from Bayern. Not the expected big name signing, but I like him. Great poacher.

Sh1t...thats counts us out again if its true, and i can see some truth in a potential move for Gomez too.

He lost his place in the starting eleven to the on fire Czech, but seemed to score whenever he got minutes. IMO a huge upgrade over Dzeko. Maybe City is thinking that they won't need to splash more cash on a big name striker if they sign Gomez.

He lost his place in the starting eleven to the on fire Czech, but seemed to score whenever he got minutes. IMO a huge upgrade over Dzeko. Maybe City is thinking that they won't need to splash more cash on a big name striker if they sign Gomez.

Gomez, 27, has netted 113 goals in 174 official appearances for Bayern since joining them from Stuttgart in the summer of 2009. I recall reading that Bayern were deeply troubled by the fact he wasn't fit for the CL final......could be a terrific signing.

Now, I wonder where Robben will go? He's said he fancies a return to the EPL.

Gomez, 27, has netted 113 goals in 174 official appearances for Bayern since joining them from Stuttgart in the summer of 2009. I recall reading that Bayern were deeply troubled by the fact he wasn't fit for the CL final......could be a terrific signing.

Now, I wonder where Robben will go? He's said he fancies a return to the EPL.

And apparently Lewandowski will be munich bound quite soon.

Guardiola must be having sleepless nights at the testing task ahead of him.

Now, I wonder where Robben will go? He's said he fancies a return to the EPL.[/size]

Please no. Enduring his histrionics and play acting once in the Premier League was quite enough thanks.

Agreed. Horrible little man!!

I was shuddering at the thought of City being interested in him. He has the sort of face that you just want to slap.

Greedy player with an ego the size of the moon.

• Like 2

Now, I wonder where Robben will go? He's said he fancies a return to the EPL.[/size]

Please no. Enduring his histrionics and play acting once in the Premier League was quite enough thanks.

Agreed he's no Nani or C. Ronaldo when it comes to play acting but he's a damn good player.

Agreed he's no Nani or C. Ronaldo when it comes to play acting but he's a damn good player.

Why do you think he's no Nani or Ronaldo when it comes to play acting? Put him in the same knob category.

He has an over sized ego, runs like a girl but can produce some quality football. I bet there are EPL fans out there with mixed feelings, some hoping they will sign him and others dreading the thought. I'd like to see him back in the EPL

Hey Mr B, I see Mario is the same class act, red cards, punching and kicking tunnel walls

Why is it always him? laugh.png

He has an over sized ego, runs like a girl but can produce some quality football. I bet there are EPL fans out there with mixed feelings, some hoping they will sign him and others dreading the thought. I'd like to see him back in the EPL

You want to see more of this sort of nonsense?

Will he be as successful at City as their two previous Brazilians, Jo and Robinho?

I'm sure he's a decent player but a point of concern for City should be Tim Vickery comments on them buying the wrong player.

Not only that but Paulinho, from Corinthians is 24 years old but would have cost less. I know however that money is no object but i'm sure that the hierarchy wouldn't be happy about missing out on the better option.

Vickery is an encyclopedia of south american football and if he says this you can count on it.

I'm sure he's a decent player but a point of concern for City should be Tim Vickery comments on them buying the wrong player.

Not only that but Paulinho, from Corinthians is 24 years old but would have cost less. I know however that money is no object but i'm sure that the hierarchy wouldn't be happy about missing out on the better option.

Vickery is an encyclopedia of south american football and if he says this you can count on it.

Indeed, Vickery is very knowledgeable about football in South America. That doesn't mean he's going to be on target 100% of the time. Fernandinho has more experience than Paulinho. Time will tell. Plus, Vickery, last I checked, lives in Rio. He follows the Brazilian league closely and probably has an understandable bias towards the players in that league. Who could blame him ? But I think his bias should be taken into account, and of course the fact that he's a journalist. They get paid to write articles whether there's any truth in them or not.thumbsup.gif

BTW, he is an awfully nice fellow and participated in a podcast, gratis, put together by a friend of mine in Buenos Aires a few years ago. Everybody had great things to say about him.

You want to see more of this sort of nonsense?

Anyone else would have done the same, I've seen players go down for less.

He might be an encyclopedia but he isn't a Manager. Journo's are only good at throwing rocks and have absolutely no accountability. I'm not saying Paulinho isn't a good player, it's just that I take journo's opinions with a pinch of salt in the main. If it was an ex high profile Manager and somebody who knows about running a squad who said the same, I would sit up and take notice a little more.