Manchester City

mrbojangles

An encouraging response today from City. Ordinarily after frittering away a 2-0 lead on the road they would have found a way to drop points. But Pellegrini's two earliest subs scored a goal a piece and City won going away.

Not much to really complain about today, though Clichy struggled mightily as a RB. Another decent performance from Demichelis who seems intent on being Kompany's partner. It would have been a clean sheet for Joe save for the own fluke goal by Kompany and Clichy's problems leading to a goal Joe had no chance to save.

An encouraging response today from City. Ordinarily after frittering away a 2-0 lead on the road they would have found a way to drop points. But Pellegrini's two earliest subs scored a goal a piece and City won going away.

Not much to really complain about today, though Clichy struggled mightily as a RB. Another decent performance from Demichelis who seems intent on being Kompany's partner. It would have been a clean sheet for Joe save for the own fluke goal by Kompany and Clichy's problems leading to a goal Joe had no chance to save.

Not so sure about Pellegrinis new set up of 2-6-2xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png .

Makes for exciting stuff, but when we are 3-2 up, and I see Vinnie on the edge of our opponents area during the course of normal play, it kind of worries me!!

The ease with which Fulham carved us open at times, is worrying for the visit of Liverpool. On the plus side, Liverpool look average in defense also, so lots of goals on Boxing Day. I see no problem in us scoring 5, just hope we dont let in 6.

Up in the boonies at the moment and the internet is painfully slow, so didn't get to watch the game. Had to wait for the BBC scores to update. At 0-2 I thought job done but oh no, not City. Can make things easy can we? Still, after Fulham drawing level I was glad to see the BBC score update to get one and then two in front. Back in Patters for the Liverpool game so I'll be able to watch that. Can't fathom why people want to live in the boonies full time, it really isn't the life for me but at least I am kept busy doing work on the house.

Up in the boonies at the moment and the internet is painfully slow, so didn't get to watch the game. Had to wait for the BBC scores to update. At 0-2 I thought job done but oh no, not City. Can make things easy can we? Still, after Fulham drawing level I was glad to see the BBC score update to get one and then two in front. Back in Patters for the Liverpool game so I'll be able to watch that. Can't fathom why people want to live in the boonies full time, it really isn't the life for me but at least I am kept busy doing work on the house.

It takes time mate to live in the boonies, but to be close to a big city with all the mod cons is also needed if you have a car and you need to have somethings going on to keep you occupied...i thought you would of had CTH installed for the family biggrin.png

Saying that i really don't know how anyone can live in a city full of whores and thieves tongue.png especially for a lengthy period of time.

• Like 1

It takes time mate to live in the boonies, but to be close to a big city with all the mod cons is also needed if you have a car and you need to have somethings going on to keep you occupied...i thought you would of had CTH installed for the family biggrin.png

Saying that i really don't know how anyone can live in a city full of whores and thieves tongue.png especially for a lengthy period of time.

I only bought the telly this week so haven't got CTH yet. Plus, as I'm not back there till july/aug, not much point for the footy. I got quite a nice 51" flat screen and they were all round watching it. However, I have put a PIN code on it, so when they go to turn it on there'll be just a blank screen asking for the PIN laugh.png I'm waiting to see how long before the wife gets a phone call.

As for Patters. I quite like it and it has loads for the daughter to do, Nong Nooch, Ocean World, Crocodile Farm etc but yeah, no way could I live here full time. I am however, thinking about living in Bang Saray.

As for Patters. I quite like it and it has loads for the daughter to do, Nong Nooch, Ocean World, Crocodile Farm etc but yeah, no way could I live here full time. I am however, thinking about living in Bang Saray.

I'm glad you tried to qualify that statementwai2.gifwai2.gif

Your welcome...........I think !! No, forget that, I don't understand what point you are trying to make blink.png

Your welcome...........I think !! No, forget that, I don't understand what point you are trying to make blink.png

Not trying to make any point. I'm not having a go or having a dig, I just read it as you wrote it.................you like Pattaya because there's plenty for a girl to do. Then thankfully, because you were talking about your daughter you qualified the activities you were talking about. Appologies if you took it the wrong way.

Not trying to make any point. I'm not having a go or having a dig, I just read it as you wrote it.................you like Pattaya because there's plenty for a girl to do. Then thankfully, because you were talking about your daughter you qualified the activities you were talking about. Appologies if you took it the wrong way.

Nay worries but I did say "I like it AND it has loads to do for my daughter". I was loving Patters long before my 5 year old was born biggrin.png Although I dtest Walking St and haven't been there for years.

Good game that was and happy to get the three points. I thought Suarez should have had a penalty but then again Skrtel had been yanking Komapny's shirt all through the match and could have been given a couple of penalties. Some absolute sublime passing by both sides and I thought we really missed Aguero who would have put some of those chances away.

• Like 1

Good game that was and happy to get the three points. I thought Suarez should have had a penalty but then again Skrtel had been yanking Komapny's shirt all through the match and could have been given a couple of penalties. Some absolute sublime passing by both sides and I thought we really missed Aguero who would have put some of those chances away.

Yes both should of had penalties for. There is a lot of pulling and holding going on these days.

The offside was shocking, thats the one decision I thought cost us. As you say, some great passing and a good result there to come away with 3 points against a side that certainly created enough clear chances to deserve more. A sign of potential champions there.

YB

There should be plenty of changes today. Have to take advantage of our squad size.

I woiuld be amazed if Negredo plays, especially after his knock, so Dzeko should start and score a couple.

I think it would be silly to overplay Zabaleta, especially having come back from a hammy, so rest him for the Swansea game and play Boyata.

I think Milner for sure will play, and I would love to see Rodwell have a game, though the manager seems to have more trust in Garcia.

For me, I would play Hart, Boyata, Demichelis,Lescott,Clichy Nasri, Milner, Rodwell, Toure, Navas...... Dzeko

Edited by JacknDanny

I'd probably go along with most of that jack. We have a tough game at Swansea this week but I'm always worried about complacency against teams like Palace. It would be a shame to get the 3 points against Liverpool only to throw it away today. I think Demichellis is injured and I would think Zabba won't play but I think I have heard that Nastasic is ready and Jovetic ha been back in full training. Obviously only the physio's know who is fit and who isn't.

Any reason you missed out Vinny? I don't think he's carrying an injury. I'd like Pellegrini to start the strongest team he has available and if we get a comfortable lead, then rest and bring those off who need it most.

I'd probably go along with most of that jack. We have a tough game at Swansea this week but I'm always worried about complacency against teams like Palace. It would be a shame to get the 3 points against Liverpool only to throw it away today. I think Demichellis is injured and I would think Zabba won't play but I think I have heard that Nastasic is ready and Jovetic ha been back in full training. Obviously only the physio's know who is fit and who isn't.

Any reason you missed out Vinny? I don't think he's carrying an injury. I'd like Pellegrini to start the strongest team he has available and if we get a comfortable lead, then rest and bring those off who need it most.

There is no way I would want Vinny playing 3 times in a week, not with his injury record.

I reckon Palace, especially with Pulis at the helm, will certainly park the bus, but just heard Demichelis is defo out so i guess Nastasic can come in and play with Lescott, even t5hough its 2 lefties.

I see what you are saying BJ, I just look at it a bit differently. Our 'second' choice players should be good enough to beat Palace. So I would keep the likes of Silva, Negredo (if fit) Fernandhino, Kompany on the bench with 2 other fringe players. Bring them on if things dont work out. I just think especially Silva and Kompany would struggle doing 3 games inside a week. Why take the risk.

Just goes to show how important Yaya Toure is to you that game even if he does have the odd quiet game him being in the middle of the park is massive for you.

Credit to Palace they deserved at least a draw,i feel your home games will become harder gents.

Just goes to show how important Yaya Toure is to you that game even if he does have the odd quiet game him being in the middle of the park is massive for you.

Credit to Palace they deserved at least a draw,i feel your home games will become harder gents.

There's no doubt how important Yaya is Red and Aguero. Any team would miss em both.

Not sure where you got the feeling Palace deserved at least a draw. We had over 76% possession and 23 shots to their 9.

There's no doubt how important Yaya is Red and Aguero. Any team would miss em both.

Not sure where you got the feeling Palace deserved at least a draw. We had over 76% possession and 23 shots to their 9.

Also I think we are a much better team when Negredo plays.

Yes, Dzeko got his goal, but he has the touch of a fairy elephant and just does not contribute to the team in the way Negredo does.

We have now lost Silva for the Swansea game. Hopefully Nasri steps up.

I am astounded that Pellegrini will not give Rodwell any game time. He perseveres with Garcia, who to me just does not fit in with the way we play. He is way too slow and it takes him 10 minutes to see a pass.

I think Red must still be on the brandy if he thinks Palace deserved a drawcheesy.gif

Yes, Dzeko got his goal, but he has the touch of a fairy elephant and just does not contribute to the team in the way Negredo does.

I am astounded that Pellegrini will not give Rodwell any game time. He perseveres with Garcia, who to me just does not fit in with the way we play. He is way too slow and it takes him 10 minutes to see a pass.

I think Red must still be on the brandy if he thinks Palace deserved a drawcheesy.gif

As we have both been saying for ages on here, we have the same view about Dzecko and Garcia, I think Pellegrini is just trying to get some worth from them when he hasn't got much more options available. Maybe Rodwell isn't impressing in training. Thought Boyata did ok and looked confident and at ease considering it's been so long since he started.

biggrin.png Palace deserved a draw!!!!

You are a card, Mr Ed.

As we have both been saying for ages on here, we have the same view about Dzecko and Garcia, I think Pellegrini is just trying to get some worth from them when he hasn't got much more options available. Maybe Rodwell isn't impressing in training. Thought Boyata did ok and looked confident and at ease considering it's been so long since he started.

I remember Boyata being a promising kid. He played some very good games for us. Then he had one horrendous game, I think against Arsenal, where he ended up getting sent off. His confidence was shot from that moment on. He was never the same.

So, like you, it was nice to see him playing ok. He is not a natural like Zabba or Mica, bombing down the right, but he had a reasonable game.