Manchester City

mrbojangles

Also I think we are a much better team when Negredo plays.

im being in the middle of the park is massive for you.

Credit to Palace they deserved at least a draw,i feel your home games will become harder gents.

There's no doubt how important Yaya is Red and Aguero. Any team would miss em both.

Not sure where you got the feeling Palace deserved at least a draw. We had over 76% possession and 23 shots to their 9.

Yes, Dzeko got his goal, but he has the touch of a fairy elephant and just does not contribute to the team in the way Negredo does.

We have now lost Silva for the Swansea game. Hopefully Nasri steps up.

I am astounded that Pellegrini will not give Rodwell any game time. He perseveres with Garcia, who to me just does not fit in with the way we play. He is way too slow and it takes him 10 minutes to see a pass.

I think Red must still be on the brandy if he thinks Palace deserved a drawcheesy.gif

As we have both been saying for ages on here, we have the same view about Dzecko and Garcia, I think Pellegrini is just trying to get some worth from them when he hasn't got much more options available. Maybe Rodwell isn't impressing in training. Thought Boyata did ok and looked confident and at ease considering it's been so long since he started.

I remember Boyata being a promising kid. He played some very good games for us. Then he had one horrendous game, I think against Arsenal, where he ended up getting sent off. His confidence was shot from that moment on. He was never the same.

So, like you, it was nice to see him playing ok. He is not a natural like Zabba or Mica, bombing down the right, but he had a reasonable game.

I think Mica has bombed big time hasn't he ...very injury prone player who has never got near his undoubted early career potential.And not in the same class as Zabba.

Also I think we are a much better team when Negredo plays.

im being in the middle of the park is massive for you.

Credit to Palace they deserved at least a draw,i feel your home games will become harder gents.

There's no doubt how important Yaya is Red and Aguero. Any team would miss em both.

Not sure where you got the feeling Palace deserved at least a draw. We had over 76% possession and 23 shots to their 9.

Yes, Dzeko got his goal, but he has the touch of a fairy elephant and just does not contribute to the team in the way Negredo does.

We have now lost Silva for the Swansea game. Hopefully Nasri steps up.

I am astounded that Pellegrini will not give Rodwell any game time. He perseveres with Garcia, who to me just does not fit in with the way we play. He is way too slow and it takes him 10 minutes to see a pass.

I think Red must still be on the brandy if he thinks Palace deserved a drawcheesy.gif

As we have both been saying for ages on here, we have the same view about Dzecko and Garcia, I think Pellegrini is just trying to get some worth from them when he hasn't got much more options available. Maybe Rodwell isn't impressing in training. Thought Boyata did ok and looked confident and at ease considering it's been so long since he started.

I remember Boyata being a promising kid. He played some very good games for us. Then he had one horrendous game, I think against Arsenal, where he ended up getting sent off. His confidence was shot from that moment on. He was never the same.

So, like you, it was nice to see him playing ok. He is not a natural like Zabba or Mica, bombing down the right, but he had a reasonable game.

I think Mica has bombed big time hasn't he ...very injury prone player who has never got near his undoubted early career potential.And not in the same class as Zabba.

When he is fit, I believe there is very little between them.

I think Zbba has improved leaps and bounds over the last couple of years. Micah is faster and stronger, but Zaba is a more complete player.

Micah still is a bit naive when it comes to getting pulled out of position.

But we have a few now, at City, who seem to be forever getting injured. Micah, Rodwell, Jovetic, Guidetti, Nastasic.

Silva out tomorrow for racking up 5 yellows. In addition to the injuries we didn't need that mad.gif

I hope Nasri has his head right tomorrow. Nasri is certainly much improved from last season, but I still find myself screaming at him to "pass the damn ball !".facepalm.gif

Three points on the road and I'm more optimistic about City than I have been in a long time. They seem more purposeful and motivated on the road than they have been dating all the way back to near the end of last season. Navas, Fernandinho and Negredo are showing their quality. We have Kompany and Nastasic back. Joe seems rejuvenated and if not back to his best form not far from it. Yaya remains a monster. Zabaleta still a rock. Kolarov dangerous and active. Milner a great asset. Demichelis can come in if needed.

Winning away from home without Silva and Aguero out is very encouraging as well. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

Can't believe it. On our system Al Jazeera have changed to beIN Sport whilst I have been away. Who on earth are beIN ? blink.png Can't find a re-run anywhere and have had to settle for the extended highlights on the City site. Swansea's first goal was off side and could have changed the game as it brought them back level. Not much else to say till I can find the full replay.

Can't believe it. On our system Al Jazeera have changed to beIN Sport whilst I have been away. Who on earth are beIN ? blink.png Can't find a re-run anywhere and have had to settle for the extended highlights on the City site. Swansea's first goal was off side and could have changed the game as it brought them back level. Not much else to say till I can find the full replay.

"a change is coming" that's what all that was about. Had no sound or commentary in HD yesterday, but it looks like all games are on live again now, a few more channels too

Thats good news for you, mate.

BeIN have to licence to show Premier League games in Asia......... I have it here, where I am. Most City games are shown live. They show reruns throughout the day.

I agree, the first goal for Swansea was offside.

Believe it or not Kolarov had a half decent game, for once!!!

"a change is coming" that's what all that was about. Had no sound or commentary in HD yesterday, but it looks like all games are on live again now, a few more channels too

Cheers BB. As you know Al Jazeera over the last couple of months where getting a bit hit and miss and only showing one of the live games.

BeIN have to licence to show Premier League games in Asia......... I have it here, where I am. Most City games are shown live. They show reruns throughout the day.

Haven't found a re-run yet jack and the schedule listing site isn't available but I'll persist as it will be the only game I've not seen this year.

I note you say Kolarov only had a decent first half. Did he revert to norm in the second half!!

Allegedly Pellegrini has given the nod for Joleon Lescott to go on loan till the end of the season with Spurs (due to Kaboul's fitness), Newcastle and Monaco the front runners.

I'm not a big Lescott fan but I hope I don't have a Kolo flashback.facepalm.gif I wonder if Pellegrini is doing the England NT a favor with this move ?

Haven't found a re-run yet jack and the schedule listing site isn't available but I'll persist as it will be the only game I've not seen this year.

I note you say Kolarov only had a decent first half. Did he revert to norm in the second half!!

Kolarov had the best game for City that I have seen.... and I am not a fan of his!!

Re the BeIN..... I cant get a schedule either. But most days they have re-runs of games. Pot luck I guess!! But they normally show the 3 games on Saturday ( early, 3pm and 530 pm) and all the games on sunday.

Allegedly Pellegrini has given the nod for Joleon Lescott to go on loan till the end of the season with Spurs (due to Kaboul's fitness), Newcastle and Monaco the front runners.

That's right, he said that he wouldn't loan him out to contenders.wink.png

Man Yoo must be favourites then! biggrin.png

Man Yoo must be favourites then! biggrin.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

BT w00t.gif

Uneven performance from City today. Blackburn with a deserved draw I thought and the better side the first 25-30 minutes. Their goal was a gift from the BFR however.

Boyata with a pretty lazy effort at times and a needless and stupid foul to earn a sending off. I don't suppose he and the BFR did themselves any favors with Pellegrini today.

Navas continues to look more comfortable and a bit unlucky with two efforts in the second period that had a chance. What a plus he will turn out to be if he can become a scoring threat.

I'd agree with that jelly. Very lazy performance from City with no passing or energy. Boyata was an idiot. His first yellow was never a foul but once you have one you have to be careful and his second was idiotic.

Lucky to get away with that one!!

All I can say is that all this money being spent on our acadamy and youth set up. If we havent got ONE player who is at least as good as Javi Garcia,, then we are in BIG trouble .

He really is useless. I dread it every time I see him in our team.

Their goal was horrible. Both keeper and Lescott to blame.

I was singing Boyatas praises last week. This week he has shown he is simply not good enough.

Personally I would not play Negredo with Dzeko. For me they dont play well together. I would stick one of them up top and bench the other.

Jellydog/Mr BJ and any other City fans......... I just read an article. Now without researching Google or checking with the MCFC match reports.... name the 5 players that Pellegrini used the most from Boxing day to the Blackburn game ( minutes on pitch) and who was the player he used the most.

I got 4 out of the 5 and I got the main man righttongue.png

Jellydog/Mr BJ and any other City fans......... I just read an article. Now without researching Google or checking with the MCFC match reports.... name the 5 players that Pellegrini used the most from Boxing day to the Blackburn game ( minutes on pitch) and who was the player he used the most.

I got 4 out of the 5 and I got the main man righttongue.png

Off the top of my head:

Garcia

Kolarov

Fernandinho

Nasri

Negredo

Garcia as the most used.biggrin.png

Blimey jack. That's rock hard to do off the top of my head as Pellegrini has been making so many changes including subs.

I'll take a punt but I can't make my mind up, so I'll list 6.

Hart

Negrado (the most)

Zabba

Kompany

Fernandinho

Milner

Edit:- to add the most used