Manchester City

mrbojangles

"You've got Liverpool and Man Utd, the two biggest clubs in this country, and the rest of them are fighting to be there over the next 20 years. Brendan Rodgers has claimed that it will take Manchester City 20 years to be as big a club as Liverpool.

In my time in Thailand, it has always seemed to me that Liverpool had the biggest local support. Past few seasons I now see City shirts obviously related to revent success. In recent years though I see more and more Chelsea shirts, which could be related to being top all season but I don't think so as I saw a lot last season also. Who do you reckon has the biggest thai support these days?

Liverpool

Man United

Chelsea

In that order.

• Like 1

Not really, I'm merely bringing to every bodies attention the hypocrisy of your constant ACCUSATION on here (which you've made no attempt to substantiate with FACTS despite my requests to enlighten me) of City being funded by a 'thieving' Sheik, when by your own words of your team being sold to an Uzbek criminal, and yet you like to take the moral high ground. It's therefore YOU who is too dumb to realise your hypocrisy.

I await your next squirming post.

Let me try and explain it in terms you'd understand:

We don't want Jabba's filthy money - it's stolen. We never did, we never will, and he's never done anything other than own shares. We'd rather he sold up and f---ed off. He's scum.

You love your Sheikh's money, even though it's stolen. You'd swallow his gentleman's relish if you thought it would keep him spending lots of other people's lolly paying 150k a week to players to sit on the bench.

Can you see the difference?

If not, I'm afraid you aren't very bright.

Nice try though.

Hypocritical chicog, lets be very clear here that all City fans have no reason NOT to be very happy with being selected by the sheik and we are all ecstatic with all he does for us. Following up on your unproven accusations on the sheik, I searched t'internet and found nothing to make me think that your comments are not accusations but facts, and as you continually make unfounded accusations and make no attempt to substantiate them makes me think you're delusional. Stump up the facts or leave it out.

As this is a Man City forum, and you clearly are not a City fan, everytime that you now post any accusations that 'flames' (think thats what you hipsters call it...I would call it intentional attempt to antagonise), I shall be posting a request to have you banned from this forum.

I trust you're now clear that Moshiri IS a major shareholder of Arse. Anything else you'd like us City fans to tell you about your club? Doh!

Following up on your unproven accusations on the sheik, I searched t'internet and found nothing to make me think that your comments are not accusations but facts, and as you continually make unfounded accusations and make no attempt to substantiate them makes me think you're delusional. Stump up the facts or leave it out.

What "accusations" are you talking about?

That the Sheikh is one of the leaders of an unelected oligarchy in a country with no democracy, a family which trousers state oil income without telling its people how much they actually steal?

That the Al Nahyans leaned on the judiciary they own to make sure his torturer brother got off scot free, because a video of him running over someone and abusing him by stuffing sand in his mouth and doing him with a cattle prod (in front of witnesses) was "not sufficient evidence"?

Which bit of that would you say I haven't substantiated with facts, MrBo?

Is there anything else BB that you consider only an "accusation" that I can clarify for you?

And have you yet accepted that just because we have shareholders who we don't like, doesn't mean they pour millions into the club to prop it up (The way Al Nahyan put GBP 650million of his countrymens oil revenue into Manchester Dhabi between 2008-2010 without asking them if they wanted to use it for things like, oh, infrastructure, health care, education, etc.)?

Or is that just an "accusation" as well?

You seem to be getting more and more confused.

Perhaps it is the fussing over Jabba's bagman that has got you all excited.

Following up on your unproven accusations on the sheik, I searched t'internet and found nothing to make me think that your comments are not accusations but facts, and as you continually make unfounded accusations and make no attempt to substantiate them makes me think you're delusional. Stump up the facts or leave it out.

What "accusations" are you talking about?

That the Sheikh is one of the leaders of an unelected oligarchy in a country with no democracy, a family which trousers state oil income without telling its people how much they actually steal?

That the Al Nahyans leaned on the judiciary they own to make sure his torturer brother got off scot free, because a video of him running over someone and abusing him by stuffing sand in his mouth and doing him with a cattle prod (in front of witnesses) was "not sufficient evidence"?

Which bit of that would you say I haven't substantiated with facts, MrBo?

Is there anything else BB that you consider only an "accusation" that I can clarify for you?

And have you yet accepted that just because we have shareholders who we don't like, doesn't mean they pour millions into the club to prop it up (The way Al Nahyan put GBP 650million of his countrymens oil revenue into Manchester Dhabi between 2008-2010 without asking them if they wanted to use it for things like, oh, infrastructure, health care, education, etc.)?

Or is that just an "accusation" as well?

You seem to be getting more and more confused.

Perhaps it is the fussing over Jabba's bagman that has got you all excited.

Chicog.

Is the Red Flag flying?

Go and lie down. Put a hot water bottle on your tummy. Tomorrow you will feel fine.

Works great with my Mrs.

Blimey. Deja Vu. Every 6 months or so I feel like I've done a full circle. Lets get back to footy eh. We have an important game in a couple of hours and I don't think I can get out of work in time for kick off. Looks like I might miss the first 20 minutes.

Blimey. Deja Vu. Every 6 months or so I feel like I've done a full circle. Lets get back to footy eh. We have an important game in a couple of hours and I don't think I can get out of work in time for kick off. Looks like I might miss the first 20 minutes.

Tell your lapdog to get over it then.

tongue.png

Why are you back at work, I thought you'd escaped the sandpit?

tongue.png

Only went to Thailand for 3 weeks. Got back wednesday morning. Back there beginning August.

Chicog try joining in for a change like the other non-City fans do, you might enjoy it.

Cup final day for one man today, Pelle. Win and the pressure eases a little, lose and the knives will be sharpened further.

With Kompany. .clichy ..milner..jovetic..bony out injured I think it makes it easier for Pelle. I swear he still doesn't know his best team and it's probably no coincidence that when he had no forward options and had to make do we had our best period. Think the only thinking he has to do today is 442 (dzeko in) or 451 or 433 (fernando in) and whether to start with nasri or navas.

Chicog try joining in for a change like the other non-City fans do, you might enjoy it.

Cup final day for one man today, Pelle. Win and the pressure eases a little, lose and the knives will be sharpened further.

I think you'll find the only knife that matters is already buried to the hilt, hence Klopp's sudden announcement.

thumbsup.gif

tongue.png

Only went to Thailand for 3 weeks. Got back wednesday morning. Back there beginning August.

Staying in the sandpit for Eid? Are you mad?

tongue.png

Staying in the sandpit for Eid? Are you mad?

tongue.png

Pretty much stuck with term time as the Mrs and Daughter always go for the first month of summer hols and then I have the last 3 weeks before we all fly back together. But I don't mind Ramadan TBH. Nice and quiet at work.

Fortunate start but we'll take a bit of luck. Excellent 2nd goal (swap aguero and navas positions, would aguero reverse it, NO). Aguero needed that as we was looking pissed off before that. We look a bit fragile, lacking in confidence and thank you WHU for lying down. Well done Navas and Zaba who both look up for it today.

Love watching City win but what a crap game that was.

WHU should pay their fans ticket n travel cost for having to put up with that dirge.

Thought we wasted a lot today and good job we weren't playing a team that wanted to compete.

Shocking elbow on Merlin; let's hope he's ok and comes back soon.

Anyway good to get 3 points again.

Onwards and upwards.

I think you'll find the only knife that matters is already buried to the hilt, hence Klopp's sudden announcement.

thumbsup.gif

If Pelle is replaced, and if Klopp is appointed, I think City fans will be happy to have Klopp.

• Like 1

Love watching City win but what a crap game that was.

WHU should pay their fans ticket n travel cost for having to put up with that dirge.

Thought we wasted a lot today and good job we weren't playing a team that wanted to compete.

Shocking elbow on Merlin; let's hope he's ok and comes back soon.

Anyway good to get 3 points again.

Onwards and upwards.

Totally agree.

If the West Ham that we faced at Upton Park earlier in the season had turned up today, we would have struggled.

I thought Zabba and Mangala were excellent today.

They made Navas MOM. Dont see that myself. Too wasteful again.. Just glad to have got 3 points.

On another matter........... Yaya..... Had an horrendous game against Utd. He is the highest paid player we have, yet has been guity IMO of not giving 100% many times this season. Should have been dropped for this game. His gobsh!te agent has been at it again today, slagging off everybody at the club, accusing Pelle of being a weak manager......... so what happens?? Not only does he play, but he is made captain for the day!!!!!

That, in a nutshell, is what is wrong at MCFC at the moment!!

What did I just watch today? If I didn't know better it looked like we paid WHU to just come and spar with us. Of course I'll take 3 points anyday but we should have scored lots more than 2.

Extremely happy that Silva is ok. It looked a nasty one that and I was worried he'd cracked his cheek bone

City u18s will have to come from behind at Stamford Bridge if they are to lift a third FA Youth Cup trophy in the clubs history. Holders Chelsea ran out 3-1 winners at the Academy Stadium. City featured 6 mancunians and Chelsea 8 english and 1 scot.

City's 2008 winning side featured Boyota, Trippier, Mee and Sturridge. City's last junior to establish himself was Micah Richards, Chelsea's was John Terry.

Looks like you're punching above your weight.....

biggrin.png

Premier League clubs’ financial figures for 2013/14 (2012/13 in brackets), in order of wage bills, all sums in £ sterling.

Manchester United: wages 215.8m (180.5m); turnover 433.2m (363.1m); wages to turnover ratio 50 per cent (50 per cent); profit after tax 23.8m (146.4m).

Manchester City: wages 205m (233.1m); turnover 346.5m (271m); wages to turnover ratio 59 per cent (86 per cent); loss after tax -22.9m (-51.6m loss).

Chelsea: wages 192.7m (172.6m); turnover 319.8m (255.8); wages to turnover ratio 60 per cent (67 per cent); profit after tax 18.4m (-49.4m loss).

Arsenal: wages 166.4m (154.5m); turnover 298.7m (242.8m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (64 per cent); profit after tax 7.3m (5.8m).

Liverpool: wages 144m (131m); turnover 256m (206m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (63 per cent); profit after tax 0.4m (-49.9m loss).

Tottenham: wages 100.4m (96.1m); turnover 180.5m (147.4m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (65 per cent); profit after tax 65.3m (1.5m).

• Like 1

biggrin.png

Premier League clubs financial figures for 2013/14 (2012/13 in brackets), in order of wage bills, all sums in £ sterling.

Manchester United: wages 215.8m (180.5m); turnover 433.2m (363.1m); wages to turnover ratio 50 per cent (50 per cent); profit after tax 23.8m (146.4m).

Manchester City: wages 205m (233.1m); turnover 346.5m (271m); wages to turnover ratio 59 per cent (86 per cent); loss after tax -22.9m (-51.6m loss).

Chelsea: wages 192.7m (172.6m); turnover 319.8m (255.8); wages to turnover ratio 60 per cent (67 per cent); profit after tax 18.4m (-49.4m loss).

Arsenal: wages 166.4m (154.5m); turnover 298.7m (242.8m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (64 per cent); profit after tax 7.3m (5.8m).

Liverpool: wages 144m (131m); turnover 256m (206m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (63 per cent); profit after tax 0.4m (-49.9m loss).

Tottenham: wages 100.4m (96.1m); turnover 180.5m (147.4m); wages to turnover ratio 56 per cent (65 per cent); profit after tax 65.3m (1.5m).

Careful what you post on here they are a very sensitive lot, I am sure these figures will get twisted to show United are ruining football.

• Like 1

biggrin.png

Premier League clubs financial figures for 2013/14 (2012/13 in brackets), in order of wage bills, all sums in £ sterling.

Careful what you post on here they are a very sensitive lot, I am sure these figures will get twisted to show United are ruining football.

Yeah but how much of that 146m got trousered by the Glazers?

blink.png

biggrin.png

You could always stick to YOUR forum if you don't like it here...