Tourist visa in Ho Chi Minh?

Last September I got my second single tourist visa at HCM city. Required plane ticket leaving TL at the end of 3 month-period or earlier. Also money or bank statement to show about 20,000 Baht available . I also show them my address in TL although it was not required. Picked up next day.

• Like 1

Ok good to know, I'll have a plane ticket out of Thailand juat in case too. By the way there are two locations on Google Maps for the consulate with exactly the same name and address but they are about 400 metres apart from each other. Which is the correct one, lower or higher on that street? I assume the taxi wouldn't have any idea so I have to watch out.

Attached is the map.

post-222253-0-90750800-1414151266_thumb.

whistling.gif

Would they ask for a flight ticket out of Thailand or any other special forms?

--------------------

Go to their website.

According to what they say there they will require you to show a valid ticket or booking for an exit flight from Thailand for a tourist visa.

And for a double entry tourist visa they apparently want BOTH of the double entries booked with a outgoing ticket before they will give you that visa.

I can not verify this from experience, it's just what they say on their website as one of the requirements for a tourist visa.

Apparently both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh require a "outbound Ticket" from Thailand to issue the visa.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Thanks, I will do so. I have checked the Royal Thai Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City website many times and there is no information about tourist visa requirements, only all other visa types? What did you mean by their site?

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services

Also, I would still like to know which one of the buildings pointed on the map (my last post) is the correct one? If someone who has been there could clarify, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So just to let everyone know, I returned from my trip to HCMC and got the visa without much hassle. Actually it was one of the best places I have applied for a tourist visa. No queue what so ever and a straightforward process, just as Jacksam had said. The only little issue I had was that I didn't know they only accept US dollars so I had to run around the streets for about half an hour to discover that I can not change VND to USD anywhere in the area. So I went to a money exchange in town (opposite the Sheraton Hotel) to get the USD 40 needed for the visa and returned to the embassy the same afternoon.

I can confirm that they wanted to see a flight ticket out of Thailand within the next 90 days, which I had luckily booked before hand.

Everything else in HCMC went very smoothly and I did stick to Vinasun taxis only...they were very good and honest!

Can say that HCMC is a much better place to get a visa than most of the other cities in the region.

Also to reply to my own unanswered question about the location of the consulate in HCMC. It is the lower one in the Google Maps that I posted earlier.

• Like 1