AirAsia kicks man off flight for carry-on rage (VIDEO)

webfact

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please return to your seats and switch off all electronic devices"

If the aircrew were switched on that's what they should have done if only to stop the idiot(s) playing with their mobile devices during that farce.

I hope this guy plays the clip back and sees what a plonker he really was.

You have to be careful talking about people who are obese and charging them for being overweight, or for taking up extra space because they're squashing the person next to them.

The PC police will get you for what they consider to be sexist, racist, ageist etc and now I hear they may be adding "fattist" to the list!!

Seriously though, airline travel is a lot cheaper these days than it used to be and you don't hear of too many airlines making a profit so I think they have to be pretty careful with the bucks.

Glad they chucked him off!

If the bag fits overhead, what is the problem?

Especially on such a full house destination as this.

Just waiting for the time when passengers+luggage being weighted together...now, that will be fun!

It's a little more complicated than that.

Actually, for the weight and balance sheet for each flight you use standard weights for women, men and kids. Those weights include 7 kg of hand luggage.

So if everyone is carrying 5-10 kg extra in hand luggage it can for a 200 pax flight amount to 1-2 tons of weight not accounted for in the weight and balance sheet. With bigger planes the problem is of course even bigger.

That again makes the calculated used/needed fuel wrong, and you might end up short of your destination.

Besides that there is the balance problem. Each sector of the cabin and cargo departments are calculated separately and if all weights are not calculated correct you might end up nose or tail heavy, which is not desirable.

As others already stated, there is no doubt the problem is getting worse, especially on budget airlines, who are charging on checked in luggage.

There by they push the pax to try to carry the luggage on board to save money. That's why they choose the budget airline in the first place.

Most established airlines are going the other way in increasing the free luggage from 20-23 kg.

The last point I like to make is. On airplanes you don't want so called unruly passengers, since they might be a big problem during an emergency. If they don't follow crew directives and orders on ground, you could have a big problem if there is an emergency later. The same goes for drunken people, that's why they are often offloaded or denied boarding.

Edited by tobf16
  • Like 2

Moron

Why? Most of the Thais travel with overweight and, especially, oversized hand luggage. Why did they have to pick on this fellow?

Just a usual AirAsia rubbish. Luckily they are on the losing end as the Nokair and Lionair are gathering grounds.

So you think all folk should get away with it...?

No , they shouldnt get away with it.

But people expect to be told at checkin. They then have a choice of discarding a few things or paying extra. When they are on the plane, their choice is removed, and they are forced to pay. I'm sure the airline is aware of this and that's why they do it. That guy should sue their a---

Thailand not States...sue their a....giggle.gif

So what is supposed to happen if you are already on the plane. What is airline policy. You wouldn't travel without your belongings, so would you disembark. Catch another flight with the same overweight bag?

Well, its simple they check your back......(tag it and put in the baggage hold) job done!

Have to say, he's got a nerve to bring an over sized and weight bag and then drip he has to put in baggage hold.

I'm no saint but try to keep the weight and size down, I find it pretty annoying to sort my shit out only to get on bored and have nowhere to stow my bag because people bring oversize, sometimes 2 and fill up the bins.

Then, as if that's not bad enough the steward pulls up, smiles and tells you there's plenty of room at the back of the aircraft, "I'll stow it safely for you".....(despite the fact you are seated in row 2...!!!!)...Good job I wasn't on that flight I'd have launched that <deleted> out after his bag...

Several months ago Air Asia tried to make me pay 1200 Baht for a carry on bag that was 5 kilos over the 7 kilo limit. That was bad enough - but then insisted I had to check it - not carry on... I said no - my computer and valuable documents are in that bag and I will not let it be checked ... the exact purpose I have it for... She would not relent on the checking of the bag. So I demanded a supervisor. She came - we went though the whole thing again. I told them that if 7 Kilos were allowed and free what is the reason I must pay for 12 kilos? No logical answer... I shouldn't have - but I wasn't on an aircraft - so I made a fuss about Baht and Farang ... The supervisor said - Okay -okay -okay - pay 300 Baht and we will special tag it and you must give it to the flight attendant for special storage up front in the plane. i said okay - I hurried to the gate - almost didn't make it... And while boarding I handed the bag to a flight attendant - pointing to the special tag --- she wouldn't take it and said - store it over my seat... WOW!

Oh I forgot --- to solve the problem earlier... I said - then let me go over to that shop over there and buy a large handbag - carry all looking thing and will reduce my carry on bag to 7 kilo and have a Personal Bag with the rest - which is allowed on Air Asia and most other air lines .. She said - NO! That is when I began my fussing about Baht and Farangs...

Most airlines (average) - Domestic flights - One checked bag of about 20 kilos, One carry on bag for overhead 7 kilos ... And a personal bag ...big hand bag often for ladies, small backpacks, and laptop bags are all general seen as 'Personal Bags' ... I should have made sure I had a personal bag which I most often use ... but didn't that time.

All Airlines have their baggage limits posted on their website. Most people have a digital scale at home. Know the allowances, pack what you REALLY need and weight it before you go. This guy is a total Jackass arguing with the cabin crew, then having a hissy fit. I'm glad they threw him off the plane. thumbsup.gif

Let's be quite candid about this. The system is seriously flawed when an obese man over 6ft carries a small bag and a small petite person is overweight by a few kilos. It's time to overhaul and harmonise these rules as they do not serve the purpose of intent. It would be better to have an overall weight to include passenger and luggage. This has already started a few years ago on charter flights I've been on. It would be much easier and fairer.

It has been discussed many times over many years in the industry.

The problem is if big and fat people are singled out to pay more at check in, you are getting very close to discrimination issues, which is a no no.

Having been in the industry for many years, I do however agree. Make a total weight and pay for that if possible, it would be fair.

The biggest problem however would be, what is the price for the ticket?

Different prices for different weight groups? Can you book and pay that on line?

It will make even longer queues in the airports if everyone has to be weighted with luggage and carry on at check in.

It would however open up for possible high records in total weights to be set in each airport.

• Like 1

Several months ago Air Asia tried to make me pay 1200 Baht for a carry on bag that was 5 kilos over the 7 kilo limit. That was bad enough - but then insisted I had to check it - not carry on... I said no - my computer and valuable documents are in that bag and I will not let it be checked ... the exact purpose I have it for... She would not relent on the checking of the bag. So I demanded a supervisor. She came - we went though the whole thing again. I told them that if 7 Kilos were allowed and free what is the reason I must pay for 12 kilos? No logical answer... I shouldn't have - but I wasn't on an aircraft - so I made a fuss about Baht and Farang ... The supervisor said - Okay -okay -okay - pay 300 Baht and we will special tag it and you must give it to the flight attendant for special storage up front in the plane. i said okay - I hurried to the gate - almost didn't make it... And while boarding I handed the bag to a flight attendant - pointing to the special tag --- she wouldn't take it and said - store it over my seat... WOW!

Oh I forgot --- to solve the problem earlier... I said - then let me go over to that shop over there and buy a large handbag - carry all looking thing and will reduce my carry on bag to 7 kilo and have a Personal Bag with the rest - which is allowed on Air Asia and most other air lines .. She said - NO! That is when I began my fussing about Baht and Farangs...

Most airlines (average) - Domestic flights - One checked bag of about 20 kilos, One carry on bag for overhead 7 kilos ... And a personal bag ...big hand bag often for ladies, small backpacks, and laptop bags are all general seen as 'Personal Bags' ... I should have made sure I had a personal bag which I most often use ... but didn't that time.

are you from the UK by any chance ? .......coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Let's be quite candid about this. The system is seriously flawed when an obese man over 6ft carries a small bag and a small petite person is overweight by a few kilos. It's time to overhaul and harmonise these rules as they do not serve the purpose of intent. It would be better to have an overall weight to include passenger and luggage. This has already started a few years ago on charter flights I've been on. It would be much easier and fairer.

The problem is if big and fat people are singled out to pay more at check in, you are getting very close to discrimination issues, which is a no no.

Having been in the industry for many years, I do however agree. Make a total weight and pay for that if possible, it would be fair.

Different prices for different weight groups? Can you book and pay that on line?

It will make even longer queues in the airports if everyone has to be weighted with luggage and carry on at check in.

It would however open up for possible high records in total weights to be set in each airport.

It's working in Samoa!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10127347/Samoa-Air-introduces-XL-class-for-larger-passengers.html

are you from the UK by any chance ? .......coffee1.gif

Im from the Uk but I get 64 kilo allowance and a Mercedes limousine picks me up takes me to and from the airport, I just dont understand it???...............laugh.png

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the AirAsia girl / girls having to deal with him alone they should have strong security to help them, what if he had attacked them? They should have had real Airport police drag him off immediately, less distress to other passengers.

• Like 1

Now you know why Thais smile those phony smiles and wai each other all the time. To do otherwise can be dangerous - and even disastrous, as the sky-high murder rate here indicates. The average Thai - man or woman - doesn't seem to know what anger management means. Just light the blue touchpaper and stand well back.

• Like 2

It's working in Samoa!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10127347/Samoa-Air-introduces-XL-class-for-larger-passengers.html

Samoa airlines has 3 aircraft totally flying to 4 destinations.

One type carries 9 pax the other a cessna 172 carries 3 pax.

With that size of operations I think they can handle it.

But I am not sure as the CEO says, that the bigger airlines will follow his way of business.

Just my 5 cents.

It's happened before where people have faced excess baggage fines and they've opened the bag, chucked a whole bunch of clothes on - ridiculous, multiple layers - then the bag comes under. Same weight goes on the plane.

People regularly weigh +-30kg from the adult mean, so picking over 5kg of baggage seems kind of silly.

Edited by harrycallahan