2 or more year family visa for uk

hello i was in thailand up to last week , i had to return to the uk for a funeral , i was supposed to come back to the uk in dec.

my thai gf as just had our baby , we have all the paper work translated , we have a thai passport for the baby , and we are going to apply for a uk passport

when i go back to thailand in dec , the babys birth certificate is in my name .i am english !!

we want to make a family visa for her and the baby to come back to the uk in the new year.

i work for myself and my salary isnt 18-000 thousand pounds for 1 year ? i have the £62-000 in the bank now , but someone says it as to be in your account for 6 months before you can apply for a visa?? we are not married but we have been together for nearly 3 years , we have all the paper work to support our realationship.

i am going to do the visa application myself . as i did the holiday 6 month visa my gf came on when she visited the uk this year ,

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRICATED thanks j

Not sure what visa your girlfriend wishes to apply for, you talk about a family visa, which is a visit visa, you then mention income, which is required for settlement.

If your girlfriend want to apply for a two year visit visa, she needs to be aware that she could normally only spend six out very twelve months in the UK, possession of a two year visa doesn't mean she can remain in the UK for two years.

If you are talking about a settlement visa, and I suspect you are, then the salary level is £18,600. Savings can be used, and you are correct that they must have been under your control for six months. In certain circumstances you can mix salary and savings, but not all. If you are going down this route then I would seek advice.

Financial_Requirement_Guidance_20140324 (1).pdf

Note also that if you are asking about settlement, then her initial visa will be valid for 33 months and after living in the UK for 30 months she will need to make another application in the UK known as Further Leave to Remain. This will last for a further 30 months at the end of which she applies for Indefinite Leave to Remain which lasts indefinitely.

At each application stage the financial requirement needs to be met.

There are other requirements, too.

See UK settlement visa basics for more details.

Then if thinking about visit visas, as theoldgit says there is no financial requirement per se; other than the usual one that the visit needs to be affordable.

As for the term of a visit visa: VAT1.4 Visa validity - What period for a multiple entry visit visa?

There is no requirement for a person to have held a short term visit visa before being issued with a visit visa which has a longer validity. For example, an applicant does not need to have been issued with a standard six months visit visa before being issued with a five year visit visa. Unless there are grounds for not issuing a long term visit visa, the ECO should issue the visa applied for.

Applications for long term visit visas will be considered in the light of:
•Credible ongoing reason to visit. A successful applicant must demonstrate a frequent and sustained need to come to the UK, such as family links or an established business connection.
•Stability of personal circumstances. As far as possible applicants ‘status should be unlikely to change significantly during the validity of the visa. The better able the applicant is to demonstrate stability over the long term the more it will support an application for a longer period of validity.
•Successful applicants will also need to demonstrate that they are able to support themselves in the UK without recourse to public funds, and demonstrate that they would intend to leave the UK at the end of each visit.
•Previous travel history as evidenced in a current valid passport, which might include travel to Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Schengen countries, Switzerland, or the USA in the same category as the application to the UK, for example, as a visitor. Holding a valid visa for any of the aforementioned countries, evidence they complied with conditions of entry, that applications for these countries were not refused nor were they removed from a country on their last trip, would all help to support the application.

You may also find UK visit visa basics helpful.

• Like 1