Advice/Reports from farangs who have successfully done an Islamic Thai marriage

PhuketAmerican

What a gang of racists, morons, uneducated red necks in this forum.

From talking about converting for marriage purposes jumping to Isis and other stupid remarks about a religion most have never read about or known except through fox and racist western media.

Imagine two seconds the following reasoning on Christians. Since priests have been molesting boys all over the worlds, this means Christians are all pedophiles. Since white Christians has committed many criminal genocides in history this means white Christians are genetically criminals and the proof is based on facts.

Many here, do not have the brain, the education, the critical mindset to give advice on subjects they don't master or have knowledge of.

Leave this man follow his heart and don't ruin his life project.

You already ruined yours, go to bars and continue all what you deserve is bar girls. He is at least getting married to clean lady.

. Interesting post that but ruined by the last 4 lines

Nobody is perfect lol

Under #11 MobileContent writes :

3)..... You should already know of a Muslim name you want to take so it should be SOMENAME Bin Abdullah. Insist they add this name in the letter.....

UNQUOTE

My comment : Islam does not require you destroy your cultural identity by taking an Arab name.

The two Muslim converts who were elected in the US Congress kept the name given to them at birth :

Keith Ellison

Andre Carson

• Like 1

3)..... You should already know of a Muslim name you want to take so it should be SOMENAME Bin Abdullah. Insist they add this name in the letter.....

UNQUOTE

My comment : Islam does not require you destroy your cultural identity by taking an Arab name.

The two Muslim converts who were elected in the US Congress kept the name given to them at birth :

Keith Ellison

Andre Carson

Did the two individuals you reference marry into a Muslim family? I would suggest that marrying into a local Thai Muslim family it would be a nice gesture to take on a Muslim name to be used amongst the family.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

UNQUOTE

Keith Ellison

Andre Carson

US Congress - no wonder if they would have changed their name they might be none-electable and political suicide but have a look at his children they all have an Islamic name.

For me I didn't take an Arabic name but I balanced it with an Indonesian name.

The only think I had in common with the Middle East was praying to the Kabah during my solat but otherwise I have no links to any Middle Eastern country.

Please do not come with some congress men because Fox news or the MSM will take them apart. Look at their children and you will understand the point.

And yes the Democrat Party and Republican Party are very much the same but I still call your two congress Representative my brothers.

Edited by MobileContent

Are you kidding me? You want to leave all your believes, personality etc etc just to get married? You should also know something that once you convert to Islam then you can not leave it life time, if you do then you are entitle to dead penalty.

I taught American are smarter than this. And I am not talking about Islam. You should not leave your belief and convert to others just for marriage, unless you really believe in it.

• Like 2

UNQUOTE

Keith Ellison

Andre Carson

Did the two individuals you reference marry into a Muslim family? I would suggest that marrying into a local Thai Muslim family it would be a nice gesture to take on a Muslim name to be used amongst the family.

Why should he give up his own name?

A "nice gesture", what does that mean, is he expected to give up, not only his name, but culture and identity as well, if so he may wish to reconsider his choice of wife and family.

Its a two way soi, what will they be giving up for him?

Do as the Thais do, live together without getting married, problem solved.

I know two Thai guys who married Muslim women, they didnt give up their names.

Plenty of decent normal Muslim people in Thailand who accept and practice their version of Islam, just as there are the Wahhabist influenced ones.

See Pattanakarn soi 20 in Bkk for them, looks more like Kabul than Bkk.

Or head out to places such as Nong Jok, you wouldnt even know the people are Muslim.

As a Thai Muslim told me once "we are Thai not Arabs"

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What next you have to join isis, Wow talk about selling your balls for a women. does her family go by sharia Law also. RUN !!!!!!

If someone told me I had to show my penis to some grand poobah religious figure, I'd immediately beotch slap him.

If I thought I had to show my penis to this guy I wouldn't be able to show him my balls because I wouldn't have anyAnd

And yet, I bet you've shown it to your doctor several times ... not to mention the boys in the shower room. I think you doth protest too much.

The negative is that you have to show your penis to some old poohaa.

i

The positive is that you can beat up your wife and nobody will consider you a lowlife of the worst kind.

Well 24 hours later I cannot say I'm suprised that about 10% of post were ignorant bull and I got some good advice from a few people that have been through similar circumstances. Thanks for the input and I will may have questions for the people that messaged me if they come up during the education process.

To all the haters/trolls/losers

I am a 27 year old white American southerner raised Baptist Christian

I took some elective classes in Political Islam and World Economics at Virginia Tech (VPISU)

Have studied Torah, Bible, and Koran in churches/faith groups on my own previously

Lived in Thailand (Phuket) since June 2012 working in marine industry.

My fiancee only wears her "headgear" (hijab) on Ramadan and some other Islamic holiday, or funerals.

Drinks alcohol occasionally, has been hammered before, rarely prays. Dresses modestly, her line is no pork at home/hard drugs/dogs/tattoos which I am OK with.

I like more traditional girls that think its important to cook and take care of the house in addition to working hard to save money for the future, and if her Islamic tradtions fit this that's fine with me. Reminds me of my grandmothers in the South cooking a proper breakfast for my grandfathers every morning.

Thanks for the advice to the useful posters, my message to the trolls: go get herpes from the hard dragon lady skank waiting for you to die.

• Like 2

You have my blessing. wai.gif

Each as he likes, I believe, I would not bend over, bow, to all that necessities which seem to have to be done,

to marry a girl from a traditional Muslim family.

She keeps her, I keep my religion, if I have one, that would be my deal. Not accepted? Than, sorry.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Man...buddy...you are giving up your life...being forced to become Islamic...in order...to take an Islamic Thai lady for a wife...?

I would advise you to take a step back...take a look at ALL the pros and cons...and the what ifs...as in what if she decides this marriage is not working for her...

I mean really...are you prepared to pray facing Mecca several times a day...and you must be realistic...you may be required to help finance some Muslim folk who will be trying to harm innocent people...just saying...

Good luck getting back and your wife into the US after you have converted, I know of many cases where you will be flagged once you return back to the US.

Why would you di it in the first place?? Seriously, love is not that extreme.

UNQUOTE

Keith Ellison

Andre Carson

Why should he give up his own name?

A "nice gesture", what does that mean, is he expected to give up, not only his name, but culture and identity as well, if so he may wish to reconsider his choice of wife and family.

Its a two way soi, what will they be giving up for him?

Do as the Thais do, live together without getting married, problem solved.

I know two Thai guys who married Muslim women, they didnt give up their names.

Plenty of decent normal Muslim people in Thailand who accept and practice their version of Islam, just as there are the Wahhabist influenced ones.

See Pattanakarn soi 20 in Bkk for them, looks more like Kabul than Bkk.

Or head out to places such as Nong Jok, you wouldnt even know the people are Muslim.

As a Thai Muslim told me once "we are Thai not Arabs"

The OP would not have to give up his birth name, identity or culture. As you say the vast majority of cases Thai Muslims are accepting & tolerent. A relatively small matter to have an Islamic name for use within the family, but not absolutely necessary and each to their own...

Edited by simple1

it's so ridiculous the matter of showing your organ to imam that you are circumcised (circumcise) is a common practice among muslim males, usually they do this when still a young boy, I done for my elder son when he was 1 and half year,

My sincere advise:

1. make sure that you are going to adapt Islam which will entirely change your life from the previous one,

you can do some search on you tube, you will find dozens of lectures by many native Americans whom can help you in a much better advanced way to understand Islam in a proper way by your native English (depend on how you honest in this effort)

2. make sure that converting to Islamic is not just to fulfill the family requirements to fit with their religion rules, or just to get married a Thai lady, if so, is not really worthy at all,

3. make sure that there is a clear understanding between you and the future bride, common sense, interaction, understanding each other, etc. saying this based on experience n failure when you are unmatched in the long run.

4. for circumcise (cut your.. ) every year during summer schools (April) in every Muslim community they organize a festival to circumcise the Muslim boys for free, otherwise just go to hospital and do it, but it is not an obligation to show to imam, so ridiculous indeed, shameless .. (so stupid) saying.

any further need to know, questions in mind, to understand something in detail about Islam, I can help you as much as possible, get in touch in private and will get back to you,

Wishing all the best.

MY advice...................convert if you want. Dont if you dont want......................lol.

Showing the penis means you a true believer........................lol. Did you show it to your islam girl yet? Did she say it was big size.............lol.

You are lucky as a Muslims she has to fellow teaching as well

Old HarryofromPattaya says it is for the mans benefit

Also as a good Muslims if you move to Malaysia you can have 4 wives.

A Muslims man controls his wife what is wrong when that

I bet you will have pay nothing to the family remember you following Muslim law

Lucky You

Edited by harryfrompattaya

Man...buddy...you are giving up your life...being forced to become Islamic...in order...to take an Islamic Thai lady for a wife...?

I would advise you to take a step back...take a look at ALL the pros and cons...and the what ifs...as in what if she decides this marriage is not working for her...

I mean really...are you prepared to pray facing Mecca several times a day...and you must be realistic...you may be required to help finance some Muslim folk who will be trying to harm innocent people...just saying...

Good luck getting back and your wife into the US after you have converted, I know of many cases where you will be flagged once you return back to the US.

Why would you di it in the first place?? Seriously, love is not that extreme.

It will be easier to take her to America Remember Obama was Muslim and he want more in America He has never said we need more Thais.

You might even get a high job Washington go for it

Just remember when push comes to shove and your girl has to choose between the ExTREMEIST in her family or you -guess who she will side with. Go Jihad!

A muslim is a muslim is a muslim. They wont have it any other way.

Edited by choochoo

A Muslim woman must be a virgin when she marries. If she is, you can convert to Islam or else you can point out that she is unclean, and then it is enough that you marry in Ampur whitout showing your penis.

Has she to show her fanny to the Imam to proof she's a virgin?

A Muslim woman must be a virgin when she marries. If she is, you can convert to Islam or else you can point out that she is unclean, and then it is enough that you marry in Ampur whitout showing your penis.

Not correct

Would be great if your girl had to show her BrEaSts to me......................lol.

btw anyone know of any good NASA has done since ogoofy turned it into muslim outreach skool...................lol.

Edited by choochoo

Drinks alcohol, rarely prays and puts on hijab only on Ramadan and holidays? Sorry mate, she's not really a muslim. She's already doing everything that islam forbids but no dogs, tattoos and pork? That really makes me laugh, sorry! I don't understand why she's pushing you to convert your religion eventhough she doesn't obey her religion aswell.

I already can't understand those people who drinks alcohol and does all the things that islam says forbidden, but when it comes to pork "not halal food can't eat that".

When you are doing ablution you just need to wash your skin so tattoo is not actually forbidden as tattoo is made under the skin.

I used to be a muslim aswell until I was 13 because I was born in Turkey where %99.8 of population registered as Muslim. My mind changed since then as many things in Koran didn't really make sense for me.

Certainly, ... will be an endless anti-Islamic comments, criticism, insulting, and such commonly known propagandas,

some facts about Islam:

1. Islam is a transparent & self explained religion, no ambiguity, no riddles, no hidden secrets,

2. Islam is a self defender on it self from among it self.

3. Islam does not really need any one to justify its righteousness, or explain its goodness.

4. Islam is a religion that speaking to human mind, not to their emotions, feelings or whatsoever..

5. Islam convinced around 1.5 billion human to enter it and follow it voluntarily.

6. Islam is the religion that keeping on a progressive spreading over the 5 continents,

Questions:

a. why 1000s of native westerners, Europeans, Asians are every year converting to Islam with out any marrying relations?

b. what is the reason that makes them to accept Islam and be fully adopted in their life style?

c. why there is a large number among those new Muslims are scholars, high-educated and prominent figures? what makes them to accept and adopt it? any common fact ?

A someone that respects his mind, he should take the initiative to have a look on Quran, and quick view on the history of Islam and then judge it, instead of just being a parrot repeating the old racist propagandas against Islam,

A such action of civilized manner will bring you into a direct scope display of Islam to strengthen your debate in case you find any conflict issues or problematic matters among it,

but, do not link Islam to human deeds, or the faulty of some followers etc, a such ridiculous conclusion will insult you in return,

Search and be a professional scientific fact finder using a civilized human brain in full capacity.. as you are expected to be !

Afterwards, come back to this forum and debate with evidence in hand from Quran sayings, no body will dare to deny,

Otherwise, keep your racist emotional ideas on the shelf for your own consumption, because nowadays people are capable to utilize their own brains properly, not just believe any ridiculous nonsense posted in forums or such racist propagandas against Islam,

AND ... if you just enjoying to keep condemning and expressing your opposition against Islam, be sure that Islam will keep spreading, also for whom thinking to convert to Islam, be sure that Islam with you.. or with out you, will keep spreading ahead, so please do not waste your time to pretend just to get marry with a lady or whatsoever temporary short matters of life..

Good luck for all whom having a dynamic thinker brains & fact finding seekers.

Never heard so many lies in a single post.

• Like 2

This is not true. A Muslima can be married before already and her hubby died or they got a divorce.

The issue is if a Muslima has been banged up already the dowry that the men would bring to the marriage would be much lower as if she is a virgin. A traditional Southern Thai Muslim might not accept her but for Western men this shouldn't be an issue as we too have been banging around.

Drinks alcohol, rarely prays and puts on hijab only on Ramadan and holidays? Sorry mate, she's not really a muslim. She's already doing everything that islam forbids but no dogs, tattoos and pork? That really makes me laugh, sorry! I don't understand why she's pushing you to convert your religion eventhough she doesn't obey her religion aswell.

I already can't understand those people who drinks alcohol and does all the things that islam says forbidden, but when it comes to pork "not halal food can't eat that".

When you are doing ablution you just need to wash your skin so tattoo is not actually forbidden as tattoo is made under the skin.

I used to be a muslim aswell until I was 13 because I was born in Turkey where %99.8 of population registered as Muslim. My mind changed since then as many things in Koran didn't really make sense for me.

I have met those womans all the time from your country Turkey, specially in Izmir and Istanbul. Often I would drink Raki with them and the only time they would use a Hijab is when they go back to their village and those gals I met too didn't prayed but they would use a Hijab when someone dies.

Tattoo you are 100% correct. According to the Imam tattoos is absolute no problems because they have been done before I became a Muslim but I know plenty of Muslims that have tattoos.

Regarding dogs this is a subject that in most of the gens. You try to tell a Pashto in Peshawar or in Afghanistan that his dog is haram and he will tell you continue one more minutes of that talk and I cancel you my friendship.

I had a Labrador and a Golden Retriever myself as a Muslim in Bangkok because I was sick and tired people coming to my home to steal or checking things out at night.

So now the issue of pork is left. Some Muslims eat it and some not. I mean a nice Wiener Schnitzel with a glass of Paulaner or Erdinger is great.

• Like 2

Tell her, you have no need to "convert" you already are a Muslim.

See here,

there's also a verse in the qur'an. in which Allah SWT questions you before you are even born whether you believe, and we say yes. therefore, we're all born as muslims,

taken from here.

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?37131-Is-everyone-born-as-a-Muslim

The same can be found here,

http://www.missionislam.com/discover/believeitornot.htm

and here,

http://islam101.com/dawah/newBorn.htm

So if you already are born a Muslim, no need to get your foreskin chopped or make any oaths.

I spoke today with a Muslim woman who told me, if the girl or you dont like the answers you hear, get her out of her village and talk to a different Iman.

The Muslim Tom I spoke to today told me, tell them yes thank you, I am going to be a Shia, you and all your family must be Shia before I can marry you.

Dont know what the OP wants, a change of religion (it dont matter they are all the same), a wife, or a maid to do his cooking.

As was also mentioned by another Thai, if you are going to convert, get a rich one and not a Roti seller, whats the girl and her family bringing to the table?

• 2 weeks later...

Has she to show her fanny to the Imam to proof she's a virgin?

The Iman will already know she's not ;-)

Tell her, you have no need to "convert" you already are a Muslim.

See here,

there's also a verse in the qur'an. in which Allah SWT questions you before you are even born whether you believe, and we say yes. therefore, we're all born as muslims,

taken from here.

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?37131-Is-everyone-born-as-a-Muslim

The same can be found here,

http://www.missionislam.com/discover/believeitornot.htm

and here,

http://islam101.com/dawah/newBorn.htm

So if you already are born a Muslim, no need to get your foreskin chopped or make any oaths.

I spoke today with a Muslim woman who told me, if the girl or you dont like the answers you hear, get her out of her village and talk to a different Iman.

The Muslim Tom I spoke to today told me, tell them yes thank you, I am going to be a Shia, you and all your family must be Shia before I can marry you.

Dont know what the OP wants, a change of religion (it dont matter they are all the same), a wife, or a maid to do his cooking.

As was also mentioned by another Thai, if you are going to convert, get a rich one and not a Roti seller, whats the girl and her family bringing to the table?

Rotis nice :-) good she can cook

• 1 month later...