Car service for imported Nissan Dualis in Bangkok (Sukhumvit)

SoiSauce

Hi all,

I've got a 2008 Nissan Dualis (Qashqai) imported from Japan. I've had trouble getting some pretty basic parts for it. I needed brake pads about 6 months ago and B-Quik said that it was impossible as they don't have the parts and they are just impossible to get. Lo and behold, after a short phone call made on my behalf to B-Quik by a hi-so lady, the parts appeared and no problem. Everything installed, everyone happy.

Naturally I go back to the same place (success should be rewarded, after all) and it turns out that I may need new shocks- after driving for a few hours on the road from the border to Siam Reap in the rain, they started creaking like crazy. Naturally, the manager told me, we don't have these parts, it is impossible, the implication being that my only option was to toss the car in the bin.

So, a few questions:

First, I thought brake pads and shocks are pretty much interchangeable across wide models of cars. Are they not? I could understand if this was a Ferrari that I was trying to repair, but it's a freaking Nissan.

Second, are there any good mechanics in Sukhumvit or anywhere in Bangkok that could manage this sort of issue? Before anyone suggests a Nissan dealer, I tried that, along with several other places that seemed like they knew the right end of the wrench. I was told by the dealer and the others that finding such parts is impossible. blink.png If it comes to that, I'm perfectly happy to pay to import the parts from Japan or Oz as the car was quite inexpensive in the first place and I'd rather not leave it out for the trash collector just yet.

Third, do I really need new shocks or is it a simple lubrication issue?

Cheers and thanks ahead!

Why don't you talk to the shop that imported your car. Or talk to Eton or Teddy Auto (or any of these gray market importers), and ask them where they service their cars.

Personally, I find parts for my cars myself online. Find a reliable Nissan Parts Dealer, and provide them your VIN number. Order any parts needed, and have a local garage replace them.