Thailand: Switzerland leads 10 best countries for expats - here is the list

webfact

I left the place after 40 years and only miss a few things.

But they do make exceedingly good chocolate

Also launder money well.

The list could read for the best places to hide your ill gotten money.

Sent from my LG-D858

I'm being forced to defend my country. There are plenty of places that are much much better than Switzerland for laundering money. Google it, you won't find Switzerland in there.

You are right , of course, Switzerland did lose it's Number No. 1 place in the world a couple of years ago after the emergence of several illicitly copied CDs, which were subsequently trafficed to Germany, my home country.

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also launder money well.

Sent from my LG-D858

I'm being forced to defend my country. There are plenty of places that are much much better than Switzerland for laundering money. Google it, you won't find Switzerland in there.

I think you mean before the USA forced Switzerland to comply with US law.

Feb. 19 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. government sued UBS AG, Switzerland’s largest bank, to try to force disclosure of the identities of as many as 52,000 American customers who allegedly hid their secret Swiss accounts from U.S. tax authorities.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=axZmpp36b_OA

I think you will find that the US were after tax evaders not money launderers, there is a difference a really big difference, all the US cared about under FATCA (Google it) was getting tax lost due to money being hidden abroad

Apples and oranges!!coffee1.gif

I don't think Switzerland grows oranges or apples. Imported from Spain and Turkey.

Is this a joke? No apples? Don't make comments when you don't know anything about the place.

Don't worry too much. No oranges but you still have beautiful Salzburg , Mozart and Sacher Torte

- Chocolatte

- Buendnerfleisch

- Kirsch Staengeli

How could you miss the chocolates when Tueschers are available in Thailand?

Just such a shame it's too hot for a chocoholic in Thailand to fully enjoy chocolate sad.png

Kirsch Staengely on line but they too, melt by the time they arrive sad.png

Edited by JoeLing

- Chocolatte

- Buendnerfleisch

- Kirsch Staengeli

Just such a shame it's too hot for a chocoholic in Thailand to fully enjoy chocolate sad.png

You are kidding right?

Always fresh, our chocolates are prepared each week and flown immediately to our store in Bangkok. In this way, we continue to bring you these marvelous chocolates acclaimed as the world’s finest by gourmets and critics alike.

Aside from the world’s finest chocolates, our unique cocoa lounge will also offer pastries and special wines from the different regions of Switzerland.

First of all- [for all the Bits and Americans] - Switzerland is not Sweden.
It's cold but not that cold. The climate sucks in both places but Sweden

is the place with the pretty girls, Switzerland the place with the pretty cows.

I left the mountains in my teens and the only thing I ever missed on

occasions, was a few Swiss Francs.

• Like 2

- Chocolatte

- Buendnerfleisch

- Kirsch Staengeli

You are kidding right?

Always fresh, our chocolates are prepared each week and flown immediately to our store in Bangkok. In this way, we continue to bring you these marvelous chocolates acclaimed as the world’s finest by gourmets and critics alike.

Aside from the world’s finest chocolates, our unique cocoa lounge will also offer pastries and special wines from the different regions of Switzerland.

Sadly, Bangkok is not all of Thailand and by the time I got my chocolate, it was melted. sad.png

But please, you can send me weekly samples and I'll let you know which ones didn't melt giggle.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Also launder money well.

Sent from my LG-D858

Feb. 19 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. government sued UBS AG, Switzerlands largest bank, to try to force disclosure of the identities of as many as 52,000 American customers who allegedly hid their secret Swiss accounts from U.S. tax authorities.

I think you will find that the US were after tax evaders not money launderers, there is a difference a really big difference, all the US cared about under FATCA (Google it) was getting tax lost due to money being hidden abroad

Hello Schweizer,

Are you saying that because the US were not after money launderers is why Switzerland is (or was , rather) not a money laundering country ? There is a difference, a big difference after aĺl .

Mike (Germany)

I still see nobody has defined what the definition of an ex-pat is meant by in the OP.

Anybody care to take a guess??

As a rule anyone living in a country where they were not born,

What if you were born in a country you are not living in? laugh.png

Drifter?

Fugitive?

Mid-life crisis survivor?

• Like 1

My two cents reply can be found on Tripadvisor on Thailand ...

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1566927-i18413-k4311650-What_to_do_where_to_go-Bang_Saphan_Prachuap_Khiri_Khan_Province.html#61992414

I have had enough and only making waves will things change as they have in every other country that protested. Thailand only understand MONETARY LOSSES as a protest . They must learn to be more open. What is wrong with being fair?

LOL

I suspect that your saying you are considering leaving is as honest as the rest of your rant on TA.

I hope you didn't think to block your IP address when you posted that tripe.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1566927-i18413-k4311650-What_to_do_where_to_go-Bang_Saphan_Prachuap_Khiri_Khan_Province.html#61992414

I have had enough and only making waves will things change as they have in every other country that protested. Thailand only understand MONETARY LOSSES as a protest . They must learn to be more open. What is wrong with being fair?

LOL

I suspect that your saying you are considering leaving is as honest as the rest of your rant on TA.

Why on earth do you say that?

The man offered his personal opinion.

Is that OK with you?

• Like 1

LOL

Why on earth do you say that?

The man offered his personal opinion.

Is that OK with you?

..."Only understand monetary losses as a protest "

He offered up tripe as a protest.. Who knows what he is actually protesting?

Feb. 19 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. government sued UBS AG, Switzerlands largest bank, to try to force disclosure of the identities of as many as 52,000 American customers who allegedly hid their secret Swiss accounts from U.S. tax authorities.

Hello Schweizer,

Are you saying that because the US were not after money launderers is why Switzerland is (or was , rather) not a money laundering country ? There is a difference, a big difference after aĺl .

Mike (Germany)

After 30 years in Swiss banking I have no illusions regarding money laundering, Switzerland does it so does every country in the world, even the Vatican smile.png

FACTA however was designed to scare out US citizens holding money abroad, often legally obtained but not declared for tax in the US, problem is it mostly affects US citizens living openly abroad, paying tax twice already (once in their country of residence then in the US) who then find it difficult to obtain banking services abroad because banks don't want to annoy the US and get fined, so rather than fill in mountains of paperwork to show compliance its easier to refuse accounts.