Thai tourism services poised to be improved before the AEC

webfact

Thai tourism services poised to be improved before the AEC

BANGKOK, 23 October 2014 (NNT) – The Ministry of Tourism and Sports is now aiming to improve tourism services before the arrival of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) next year.

The ministry has also sought cooperation from the government sector and tourism business operators to bolster their transportation services.

Air, land, and water transport services are poised to be improved in order to assure safety for tourists. Tourists will also be able to use an electronic pass, which is a ticket that will allow them to gain access to many tourist attractions throughout Thailand.

The ministry is also planning to develop the tourism database system to help tourists find legitimate tour guides. Tourist police have been cracking down on illegal tour guides recently and the agencies will be required to hire certified guides.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-10-23 footer_n.gif

"Tourists will also be able to use an electronic pass, which is a ticket that will allow them to gain access to many tourist attractions throughout Thailand."

Please, tell us how much this ticket will cost us?

Doubt it's free............not in Thailand.

But I hope it's not as expensive as the elite cardw00t.gif

• Like 1

typical Ministry talk. Been going on for years. Also tourism has been growing for years.

I really don't believe that it is a result of their policies. Other factors are brining people to Thailand over and over again. The real threat to Thailand will come when other countries start to develop their tourism and put out a rosy picture of what they have to offer. Even though their tourist protection will be as inadequate as Thailand's and they like every country in the world have people ready to con the tourist.

• Like 1

Always announcements of improvements just around the corner....but apparently the corner keeps moving.

The answer is so simple. Doing it might not be simple but one would think they would at least want to know what the tourists want. The experts are everywhere. Hire a Disney guy and conduct a survey.

I don't know how many of you have been to a Disney World but the hotels and logistics operations are magnificent. Disney knows how to move people and keep them safe. Heck Thai women already have the ears.

post-187908-0-86468400-1414041817_thumb.

A post in violation of the following has been removed:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1

"Tourists will also be able to use an electronic pass, which is a ticket that will allow them to gain access to many tourist attractions throughout Thailand."

Please, tell us how much this ticket will cost us?

Doubt it's free............not in Thailand.

But I hope it's not as expensive as the elite cardw00t.gif

Wear insulated rubber shoes when using the electronic pass even though Thai electricity is different.

• Like 1

Always announcements of improvements just around the corner....but apparently the corner keeps moving.

The answer is so simple. Doing it might not be simple but one would think they would at least want to know what the tourists want. The experts are everywhere. Hire a Disney guy and conduct a survey.

I don't know how many of you have been to a Disney World but the hotels and logistics operations are magnificent. Disney knows how to move people and keep them safe. Heck Thai women already have the ears.

Somchai, see if you can find out the fortune teller Disney uses.

Maybe they should also promote more their tourist welcoming promotion prices for tourists to so many attractions thai 20 baht tourist 200 baht as seen in several national parks as well as suan siam park and so on you guys think they all stupid ???

As long as they maintain their sex trade and their reputation for it, they will be OK. People come to Thailand for the sex trade (or even to be around it but not partake), eat and be in nice weather. The weather will be the same. The food will remain tasty. They just need to make sure they dont try to turn the country into a "clean" sex-free place which is what the middle class and fake upper class here want. They don't understand that Thailand in fact would have nearly nothing to offer without the filth. The people are definately not very interesting. The monuments are not well kept.

Focus on food, sun and skin. And, be realistic. This is NOT a developed or even developing country. Keep the prices low.

Edited by PaullyW
  • Like 1

As long as they maintain their sex trade and their reputation for it, they will be OK. People come to Thailand for the sex trade (or even to be around it but not partake), eat and be in nice weather. The weather will be the same. The food will remain tasty. They just need to make sure they dont try to turn the country into a "clean" sex-free place which is what the middle class and fake upper class here want. They don't understand that Thailand in fact would have nearly nothing to offer without the filth. The people are definately not very interesting. The monuments are not well kept.

Focus on food, sun and skin. And, be realistic. This is NOT a developed or even developing country. Keep the prices low.

What a misinformed comment! Yes, many 'tourists' come to Thailand because of the sex trade, but can you provide evidence that they are in the majority? And even if this is so, the last thing that middle and upper class Thai men would want is for it to close it down, because they are the main customers (although not in the places foreigners usually visit). But most importantly, to say that Thai people are 'definitely not very interesting' suggests to me that you either don't live here, don't understand the language, have had a bad experience, or don't associate with the right people.

• Like 1

A post in violation of the following has been removed:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

What a misinformed comment! Yes, many 'tourists' come to Thailand because of the sex trade, but can you provide evidence that they are in the majority? And even if this is so, the last thing that middle and upper class Thai men would want is for it to close it down, because they are the main customers (although not in the places foreigners usually visit). But most importantly, to say that Thai people are 'definitely not very interesting' suggests to me that you either don't live here, don't understand the language, have had a bad experience, or don't associate with the right people.

:)

Been here for the better part of 17 years, speak, read, write and listen better than most any foreigners here. Have taught at the top universities here. Have worked with all manner of people from factory workers in my employment to being the director of a multinational finance firm. Done it all in Thailand.

I could fill a conference hall with "the right people" from CP executives up to members of government and beyond, and, still, my comment stands as my opinion of Thailand. A most boring place. If you are reasonable, you will acknowledge the reputation Thailand has and that it has earned such a reputation. Of course, there are a handful of interesting Thai people I've encountered, but they are the very conspicuous exceptions and most would have spent significant time outside of the virtual reality that is Thailand.

A place of closed minds for sure. People often very polite but not warm or friendly, if you can understand the difference. Nearly all very nationalistic and many openly racist. Tell me what else you think tourists come for.

A lot for of people come for the beaches, esp Europeans.

A lot of young come for fun, beach parties, trekking on elephants.

Chinese,Japanese, Koreans seem to love sightseeing, tours, shopping, looking at the tourist passengers on the tour boats near Pin Klao and Wat Arun a lot of the Asians seem to be couples or families.

Been here for the better part of 17 years, speak, read, write and listen better than most any foreigners here. Have taught at the top universities here. Have worked with all manner of people from factory workers in my employment to being the director of a multinational finance firm. Done it all in Thailand.

I could fill a conference hall with "the right people" from CP executives up to members of government and beyond, and, still, my comment stands as my opinion of Thailand. A most boring place. If you are reasonable, you will acknowledge the reputation Thailand has and that it has earned such a reputation. Of course, there are a handful of interesting Thai people I've encountered, but they are the very conspicuous exceptions and most would have spent significant time outside of the virtual reality that is Thailand.

A place of closed minds for sure. People often very polite but not warm or friendly, if you can understand the difference. Nearly all very nationalistic and many openly racist. Tell me what else you think tourists come for.

If they go to Chiang Mai for sex tourism they gotta be nuts.