Shootings

Any more NEWS on the shootings in Lamai last night?Heard some interesting stories & theories,but I'll wait until there is some substance to them.Reports varie from one to four deaths.If any one can corroborate it would be most helpful.

Edited by Rooo

Rat Bar, one Thai man dead, one bargirl injured, "mafia"-related.

That's what I am getting.

rat bar? iirc that's a pretty quiet bar down by outback? random.

They are everywhere in town , a few in the beginning just past the Laguna Resort , opposite Thai House and a littlebit further , just past Weekender Travel Agency . After that you have a few at the end of town near the corner leading up to the main road again . Don't go there unless you want trouble or something to get into trouble .

Different story,

One guy from Donsak got killed by the police (yesterday, two days ago?), he was wanted by the coppers for killing a police man last year in Chaweng.

He was apparently shot down at the mountain to Nathon, taken away by the police and than tried to get his hands on one of the guns of the arresting police guys, that's when they shot him once more, this time fataly.

As seen on Samui channel.

Back to topic, any idea what this Lamai shooting was about?

Rat Bar, one Thai man dead, one bargirl injured, "mafia"-related.

That's what I am getting.

rat bar? iirc that's a pretty quiet bar down by outback? random.

They are everywhere in town , a few in the beginning just past the Laguna Resort , opposite Thai House and a littlebit further , just past Weekender Travel Agency . After that you have a few at the end of town near the corner leading up to the main road again . Don't go there unless you want trouble or something to get into trouble .

now you mention it I remember theres a few rat bars up at the far end corner. never really venture up that end of town.

not really surprised about this shooting. seems to be more and more shady characters on the go in lamai.

more people, more shady characters and more ripping off , happens everywhere where a lot of tourists are .. not good but that's the way it is .

Sigh...that's not the way it is. This had nothing to do with "shady characters" or ripping anyone off and it had nothing to do with tourists.

The victim, who I will call X, owned five bars and was involved in "black trade" such a drugs and other, unspecified activities. He thought he was pretty big stuff on Lamai and made no bones about letting anyone who was interested know about it. He was not mafia, but was a "wanna be."

One of the boys he had employed got into a knife fight with another youth and later, when the police and the family of the injured boy came, X basically told them to "###### off" as it was nothing and he was a big swinging dick.

The family was upset and some members/friends paid X a visit whereby X again asserted his perceived power, to which the family/friends said, "You are not even from around here."

A week or so later X got a reminder who really rules the roost on home turf in the form of a bullet.

The bar where the shooting occured is empty as the landlord, seeing as dead men don't pay bills, told everyone to scram.

By the way, Pyros, there are a lot of tourists at Yellowstone National Park or the Eiffel Tower, for example, and there are none of your "shady characters and more ripping off." That sort of comment is even extreme for drunken bar talk. Engage the brain before the mouth (or stroking the keyboard).

So, this was a case of some non-native Samui resident trying to intimidate a true local? These people never learn about the islands, do they?

Either you are from here or you aren't from here. And if you aren't from here then you'd better play nice with someone from here because if not then you will have to deal with his 18 uncles and 45 cousins. And that's just the immediate family :o

more people, more shady characters and more ripping off , happens everywhere where a lot of tourists are .. not good but that's the way it is .

Sigh...that's not the way it is. This had nothing to do with "shady characters" or ripping anyone off and it had nothing to do with tourists.

The victim, who I will call X, owned five bars and was involved in "black trade" such a drugs and other, unspecified activities. He thought he was pretty big stuff on Lamai and made no bones about letting anyone who was interested know about it. He was not mafia, but was a "wanna be."

One of the boys he had employed got into a knife fight with another youth and later, when the police and the family of the injured boy came, X basically told them to "###### off" as it was nothing and he was a big swinging dick.

The family was upset and some members/friends paid X a visit whereby X again asserted his perceived power, to which the family/friends said, "You are not even from around here."

A week or so later X got a reminder who really rules the roost on home turf in the form of a bullet.

The bar where the shooting occured is empty as the landlord, seeing as dead men don't pay bills, told everyone to scram.

By the way, Pyros, there are a lot of tourists at Yellowstone National Park or the Eiffel Tower, for example, and there are none of your "shady characters and more ripping off." That sort of comment is even extreme for drunken bar talk. Engage the brain before the mouth (or stroking the keyboard).

Well , you can tell me a 1000times that i amwrong but just go ask police or whoever you want . Where are the most places where pickpockets and theft taking place .... yes , on places where a lot of people are together , prefer tourist areas . Where are prices always over the top ???? Yes , tourist places . I don't know about US but in Europe it is true and in Thailand it is true and i guess it is everywhere around the world the same thing . The more tourists , the more shady characters are around . I do not know if this incident has anything to do with that , i don't know .

Well , you can tell me a 1000times that i amwrong but just go ask police or whoever you want . Where are the most places where pickpockets and theft taking place .... yes , on places where a lot of people are together , prefer tourist areas . Where are prices always over the top ???? Yes , tourist places . I don't know about US but in Europe it is true and in Thailand it is true and i guess it is everywhere around the world the same thing . The more tourists , the more shady characters are around . I do not know if this incident has anything to do with that , i don't know .

This has everything to do with money..where's there's cash...and drugs..there's criminals...

Or wannabe villains... :o

Pity the girl...wrong place...wrong time... :D

hey forget the bigtime fool who tried to play mafiaman,how about the poor girl who died in hospital from being in the wrong place at the wrong time...?

that's the real story just another girl forgotton again...!

Where did you hear she died?