19-year-old killed in brawl at rock concert in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teen gang violence in schools and neighborhoods in America is epidemic and it's not knife but gun violence. The number of young people killed by random gun violence is astounding. Personally, I think extoling gangsterism-tribalism through music contributes a lot to this. Schools were once able to channel and drain off a lot of that energy through sports programs and extracurricular activities etc but conservative agendas to stop funding education has had consequences and left many teens adrift and vulnerable...In Thailand also?

Edited by arend

Don't go to any rock concerts or Koh Tao, Koh Samui, Phuket, Hua Hin, Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Pai or other places where people get killed all the time.

Is there any safe place left in Thailand where Thais not kills each others and tourists?

Edited by bander

Just an update on my post number 30,

last weekends merrit concert ,, i didnt go wife was away , the teenage boy went but left because trouble on the horizon ,,

this morning wife says,, do you know ice cream man who sells icecream on motorbike around here,, yea,,

well he in hospital,, dont know anything ,, ok what did he do,,

he selling ice cream at merrit saturday night,

two boys start fight,, so he go and try stop boys fighting,,

boy friend hits him on head with bottle ,,

bottle break and big cut to arm he not know anything in hospital now,,, maybe die,,

so icecream man steps in and gets clobberd,,

i said did police get boys

she says Army not there police get boys but not do anything

take them to police station but go home soon ,,,

her words ,,,

Cant wait for the next merrit concert ,, new year not far away now,,

This is not a Thailand thing.

It is. It happened in Thailand and a reason for getting knifed can be as trivial as looking a Thai male in the eye.

Notice how the police got their well-we-checked-everyone-for-weapons bit in?

Trying to look smart, don't you?

You exactly know what i meant (or you try to pretend like you don't for some reason)

It amaze me to see so many people on here bashing thais 24/7 but yet they decide to live here and spend their money and contribute to this country economy.

If you would actually take time to get off the computer, meet with people outside (street vendors, normal civilians, whatever) and try to get to know them, speak with them you would definitly learn something. The problems with some of yall is you spend your days behind your computer reading news, newspapers, and all the negatives/bullshit stories and base your whole opinion on that.

I do think too that the majority of police for in Thailand is corrupted as f***, that there's definitly some problems that need to be fixed. But to just start bashing thai people for every thing that you see/read and calling them names really show what kind of individual you are.

Please go outside a little, get to know them, don't be afraid....

It's a known fact that all over the world you have fights in night club and people get stab, hurt over some drinks & stupidity. Stop trying to act like it only happens in Thailand.

Seriously get a life.