electricity and water rates in Bangkok

hoyism

Hello i'm looking at renting a place for the first time in Bangkok, i'm looking at low-cost budget rent, i have been warned to watch out for the low rent deal that have higher electricity/water bills

i'm going to view a place tomorrow that charges 7 baht per unit for electricity and and 17 b.p.u. for water

is this a good price or should it be cheaper?

thanks in advance :)

I only know about electricity in Chiang Mai, I don't know in BKK.

Almost all guest houses charge 7 Baht/unit, I guess because the government charges them more than private houses(making money with renting rooms).

I am renting a house and my landlord makes me pay the electicity bill he gets in his name, about 4 Baht/unit (it depends on how many units you consume because there is a fixed cost that doesn't change).

I am paying a forfeit of 100 Baht/month for water, I am living alone and it is a small house.

i have a great condo at 14k a month and the water and electricity as so cheap, I use aircon a lot and my biggest bill has been 800bt and my water has been 20bt a month in a new condo- these are the best prices i have ever had in thailand

Hi globalmedia.

20 baht/ month for water...are you sure?

I have lived in 2 condos and for both i average about 100 baht/month. Pay 14k a month rent too, new condo, 2 a/c's, washing machine, and in my 8 months here my elect. bill has been no higher than 500 baht.

Still waiting for them to come and tell me they have been reading the meter wrong!xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.png

I purchased a condo in March in Sukhumvit Soi 15. The juristic people hit me up for an extortionate 20 Baht a month for water.

I pay my electric bill directly to the electric company 4'ish Baht per unit, (I paid 6 Baht per unit when renting one condo, but paid directly, 4 Baht per unit in the other).

Advice on a first time renter, go very easy on the AC & try to use a fan instead when possible, (heavy AC use in a smallish condo can cost 2000-3000 Baht per month)..

Electric is almost 5 baht per unit from source in Bangkok so 7 baht for rental seems reasonable.

Water runs about 11 baht per cubic meter (unit) so that appears to be marked up a good deal but this would be storage/pumps and such to bring pressure up to normal desire and should not be much of an expense in any case.

I live in Lumpini in Bangkok on Rama 4 Road, I have a small apartment in a building that has 14 floors and around 65 units. I do not pay the electric bill to the electric company, I pay it to the apartment management and they charge me 6 baht per electric unit. Last month my water bill was 153 baht and my electric was 1,224 baht. I have an air conditioning unit but I prefer to use fans when it is possible, I think the largest electric bill I have paid during the hottest time of the year was around 2,900 baht and that was a few years ago. I think 7 bath per unit for electric is fairly reasonable as it is pretty common practice here for them to make a little money on utilities in regards to rentals.

i have a great condo at 14k a month and the water and electricity as so cheap, I use aircon a lot and my biggest bill has been 800bt and my water has been 20bt a month in a new condo- these are the best prices i have ever had in thailand

800 Baht for electric seems very cheap if you use the A/C alot, (they might have miscalculated, so be prepared),. I also pay 20 Baht a month for water