As cold as ice

Lite Beer

Big Deal on the double pricing. Let the locals who generally make much less than foreign visitors pay less. I remember living in Souhern California and Disney land used to provide discounts to those in Southern California as well as a Magic Mountain theme park. Even beaches that charged entry fees were either discounted or free for locals and schools have higher non-resident fees and prices. But despite this, if you are worried about 200 baht then probably not wise to waste your money on a place like this. On the other hand if this would be fun and exiting place to take yourself or kids then you're only doing a disservice to yourself. At least kid prices seem to be the same across the board.

Edit: If you work in Thailand (permit) you get the Thai price.

BS to the extreme, a Thai worth billions can get in dirt cheap but a family on a 2 week holiday have to pay the foreigners price. SICK

Your attitude stinks to high heaven, just disgusting --it IS a big deal and needs to stop, if you want tourists so bad. The locals are paying the going price, the foreigners are being fleeced. GET IT.

Spending 50,000 bht on an air ticket to pay the lower prices is a bonus, do not forget they got you here, why rob them after they arrive.

Foreigners are not getting fleeced, the company announcing the attraction is advertising the prices up front, publicly. That is honesty preventing any misunderstandings. Get it?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in their eyes, we look like atm machine

I love this as it is fact. It does NOT cover ALL Thais but it is the general picture. With less of this attitude Thailand could pull in vast more tourists, using regional airports more than Swampy they put their money on.

Clean up this place, educate Thais to care more for others, and your on your way Thailand.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but tourism is a business. The locals want your money, wherever you go.

That's very true,however not every tourist destination expects foreigners to be stupid enough to pay double for the same. It would seem that we have on this thread a few people who certainly belong in that category.

Judging from the initial response on here it seems that their pricing policy is having it's desired effect. If it were my place I wouldn't want it full of whinging cheapskates either, neither would I as a visitor. Good luck to them.

Nothing to do with it being expensive or not.

Everything to do with discriminatory pricing practices.

"Nothing to do with it being expensive or not." I didn't say it was.

"Everything to do with discriminatory pricing practices." Exactly, I hope it works.

That's very true,however not every tourist destination expects foreigners to be stupid enough to pay double for the same. It would seem that we have on this thread a few people who certainly belong in that category.

We also have some people who, to use your words, are certainly stupid enough to think that if you double 350B you get 550B.

Big Deal on the double pricing. Let the locals who generally make much less than foreign visitors pay less. I remember living in Souhern California and Disney land used to provide discounts to those in Southern California as well as a Magic Mountain theme park. Even beaches that charged entry fees were either discounted or free for locals and schools have higher non-resident fees and prices. But despite this, if you are worried about 200 baht then probably not wise to waste your money on a place like this. On the other hand if this would be fun and exiting place to take yourself or kids then you're only doing a disservice to yourself. At least kid prices seem to be the same across the board.

Edit: If you work in Thailand (permit) you get the Thai price.

BS to the extreme, a Thai worth billions can get in dirt cheap but a family on a 2 week holiday have to pay the foreigners price. SICK

Your attitude stinks to high heaven, just disgusting --it IS a big deal and needs to stop, if you want tourists so bad. The locals are paying the going price, the foreigners are being fleeced. GET IT.

Spending 50,000 bht on an air ticket to pay the lower prices is a bonus, do not forget they got you here, why rob them after they arrive.

Foreigners are not getting fleeced, the company announcing the attraction is advertising the prices up front, publicly. That is honesty preventing any misunderstandings. Get it?

So its up front RACISM clap2.gif

• Like 1

Funny how the pricing can outdo all the other good things.

If they put up the domestic prices by 10 baht a head, it would probably even out . they might even make more because of increased foreign visitors and support.

Dumb dumb dumb

They should at least write. Non Thai residents ......

Edited by Thai at Heart

We also have some people who, to use your words, are certainly stupid enough to think that if you double 350B you get 550B.

It's nothing to do with arithmetic s, I simple mentioned double as an example, I could have easily wrote, treble or quadruple the amount, as these are also examples of the amounts that they do sometimes obtain from those stupid enough to pay.

If you have a problem with double pricing and go to Orlando, Florida, make sure to skip all the major attractions as they all have "Florida Resident" discounts. When I lived there, I always paid less than the snowbirds.

I can't believe how many posters on here seem to think it is acceptable for a foreign company to set up shop in Thailand and charge foreigners more. To me, such a practice in this case is a real insult to the intelligence - how is it anything but blatant price-gouging?

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1

^^^ And some westerners wet their panties in delight when they hear the words, "heel, white boy".

It's racism. Chinese friends from HK and Sing never pay foreign prices - simply because they look like they could be Thai.

First of all this is not true as many Japanese and Singaporeans I know pay the higher price and never have they been told they don't have to because they are Asian. It is about being Thai or working legally in Thailand. If your friends don't pay the stated price it is because they are being dishonest, not because the policy has anything to do with looking Asian.

Dishonesty Schmishonesty. All that was was a lame excuse for racism.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Even for using the toilet...Give us a break!

IMG_1823_toilet.jpg

Shameless toilet lady. But heck, she works at a toilet.

She will not take any crap from you either!

• Like 2

It's a fair question. Clearly one that's easier to dodge than answer.

No it's not a fair question or a relevant one.

It's a knee jerk, lost the argument reaction.

I wouldn't visit any establishment in any country that practiced nationalistic or regional chauvinism as this company is doing.

Be it here, in florida or where ever else it has been said to occur, discriminating against someone because of their nationality is bigotry and it is wrong.

Edited by Bluespunk