Isan Song and Dance is a hit in the West‏‏

The Isan Project

mmmmmm catchy isn't it bit like ebola

I felt it quite uplifting.

Catchy sure.

I don't speak Thai ... but the melody still echoes in my head.

As for the clip ... shot on two Continents.

The slow-mo with the Thai Dancer and the smoke ... thumbsup.gif

Plus, seeing the band members gave it a personal tough.

Polished, but not to perfection ... just how you (I) want music to be.

I really will have to revise my geography. I could have sworn the Chao Praya River didn't run through Issan.

"Forever" a Thai ballad written on the banks of the Chaophraya river in Bangkok"

Musicians are poets ... grant them, at least, some poetic licence!

EDIT

But I also have to contest your post further.

Just watched again the 1st minute. That is definitely the Bangkok stretch of the Chao Praya River.

Did you not see Wat Arun there?

Edited by David48

frankly i thought it was boring. sorry, i have eclectic tastes in music but that 'club' sound is boring at the best of times. i can listen to phin music for hours... it just sounded like one record (i know i know that dates me) playing at the same time as another. ...

now had phin riffs been used in side the music, that would be nice... (the way the beatles used ravi shankar's style in their music)...

• Like 1

frankly i thought it was boring. sorry, i have eclectic tastes in music but that 'club' sound is boring at the best of times. i can listen to phin music for hours... it just sounded like one record (i know i know that dates me) playing at the same time as another. ...

now had phin riffs been used in side the music, that would be nice... (the way the beatles used ravi shankar's style in their music)...

Well said Bina, nothing more than a bit of sampling.

I mentioned in a previous post, this is about 20 years out of date, Deep Forest did it years ago.

I have seen the other clip with the overall story, and it was good to see this clip. But the African American in the middle? Why? What relevance to anything? Spoilt a good clip. You should probably resist the urge to put your friends in the video, because it spoiled the whole thing.

There is something about this which reminds me of the mainstream early 90s dance music, the chorus is extremely catchy though.

The song takes me back to

but with a video made by high school students.

Edited by KunMatt

Momentarily choking up and crying as I listen to this again. So missing Thailand and can't wait to go back. Loy Krathong coming soon and I love to be in country for that. But job in San Diego CA is keeping me busy until January. Plan to hit the Wat Thai in Escondido and also the Wat Lao a week or two before that.

• Like 1