UK: Four bodies found at Bradford house

webfact

Bradford house deaths: Four bodies found

(BBC) A man, woman and two teenage girls have been found dead at a house in Bradford.

West Yorkshire Police said their bodies were found at a property in Clayton at about 20:30 GMT on Monday.

The area has been sealed off while forensic examinations are carried out.

Officers said their enquiries were at a very early stage but detectives were not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-29798404

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-10-28

Had this been in Thailand we would have all been treated to the most gruesome images courtesy of the police uploading them to their personal facebook pages in some sort of perverted display of self importance, and we would have had about 5 versions of the story.

All from police.

Edited by RustBucket
  • Like 1

BBC Local Live: Updates from Leeds and West Yorkshire on Tuesday 28 October 2014

Deaths now a murder probe
Martin Coldrick BBC Local Live Breaking: Police now say they have launched a murder investigation over the deaths of four people in Clayton, Bradford.

Police name dead family
Martin Coldrick BBC Local Live West Yorkshire Police have now confirmed the names of the four dead people in Clayton as Jatindra and Duksha Lad (49 & 44) and their daughters Trisha (19) and Nisha (17).

Names are either Hindu or Sikh

Indeed, and the saris indicate as much also. Of course there will be anti-Muslim conclusions jumped to. It's probably why the story hit world news anyway.

As a native of West Yorkshire, I can understand why people would think that. I had Hindu and Sikh workmates. They weren't too keen on them.

• Like 1

Family name is the same as a tribal name for a group in the Gujarati area of India. ( Lad) It is a faily common Hindu name in that area.

The family who are now dead and possibily someone who contributed somehow to this drastic measure being taken, may be the only ones who will ever know why this happened. Some of the Indian logic/reasoning can at times compete with that we observe here in Thailand.

Edited by slapout
  • Like 1

Not the only such sad incident in that part of Yorkshire recently:

Boy, 12, dies week after house fire that killed his father and brother

Jack Sykes had been critically ill after blaze in Penistone, South Yorkshire, which was started deliberately according to police

But why anyone would think that there is a Muslim connection to either of these tragic incidents is beyond me.

Jack Sykes had been critically ill after blaze in Penistone, South Yorkshire, which was started deliberately according to police

But why anyone would think that there is a Muslim connection to either of these tragic incidents is beyond me.

Penistone - near Rotherham and well Bradford rolleyes.gif . There again you are nearer France than those 2 places. I worked that out from 6000 miles away.

I think the Thai police should fly in and join in the investigation. w00t.gif

Indeed. Somebody is required to arrange the bodies into dramatic poses for the press photographers, perhaps expose some more flesh. Organise the facebook links.

The mind boggles.

You think not ! Jitendra just does not sound like a common name of english origin ! Joe maybe, Fred maybe, but not Jitendra smile.png

You're showing your ignorance. Jitendra Lad is NOT a Pakistani or Bangladeshi name. It is also not Indian Sikh. I thought most people would appreciate the difference between Hindus and Muslims. The "I think not" was in reply to an assumption that the family were Muslim and victims of honour killing/suicide. Plainly (to those of us more worldly), the family is not Muslim.

• Like 1

Had this been in Thailand we would have all been treated to the most gruesome images courtesy of the police uploading them to their personal facebook pages in some sort of perverted display of self importance, and we would have had about 5 versions of the story.

All from police.

And the thai bashing starts again, some people can't resist..

Penistone - near Rotherham and well Bradford rolleyes.gif . There again you are nearer France than those 2 places. I worked that out from 6000 miles away.

So what is your point?

Are you saying that Muslim Jihadists from either Bradford or Rotherham are responsible for these two tragedies?

Are you really that paranoid?

Penistone is in Barnsley not Rotherham and that particular incident there is no suspicious circumstances also white British family. Very tragic incident if anyone bothered to read the story.

Wrong on two counts.

But don't let the facts get in the way.

Penistone is in Barnsley not Rotherham and that particular incident there is no suspicious circumstances also white British family. Very tragic incident if anyone bothered to read the story.

Wrong on two counts.

How am I wrong please elaborate?

So the man kills the family and then commits suicide.

Tragic.

I hope they all Rest in Peace.

Not jumping to any conclusions then? rolleyes.gif

"but detectives were not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths."

How would you read that, Baerboxer?

Aliens killed them?

Wrong on two counts.

Google penistone if you know how? if not I will tell you it is a market village that comes under Barnsley Council!

Google the news story, but I will tell you police were not looking for anyone else!