The pink plastic Thai ID card for PR holders

I got PR many many years ago, I'm now an old man, living in Chiang Mai.

I've been reading about the pink plastic Thai ID car for PR holders, but I'm not sure I understand it.

Can someone who has this card please share a quick summary of exactly who is eligible for this card, how to get it, what it perhaps provides in any other benefits, etc. And any other information which is relevant.

A friend (who doesn't use the internet much) who also has PR (much younger than me) also has a question - has anything changed for PR holders in terms of needing a work permit?

Thanks.

An update:

Today I went to the main city amphur office here in Chiang Mai. My adult Thai son, speaks perfect Thai and perfect Chiang Mai came with me. (The big office located behind the Tar Phae gate area, in the tourist sector.)

My son read all the files (Thai and English) that members have kindly attached to their posts and opened all the various links shared and read them all including the various links and photocopies etc., shared by non-Thai TV members who have PR and some have now received the pink card.

We made sure we hade every possible personal document with us and 2 signed copies of each

First two officer we spoke to were polite but said they had no idea what we were talking about. One of them went to see the officer in charge and then took us to her office.

Total waste of time, her comments:

- To my son: 'Why do you come here and waste my time'.

- To son and me: Farang cannot ever have a Thai ID card, It's for Thai people only. Sons' response: My father has Thai PR but he does not have citizenship and we are not asking about a full Thai ID car, we are asking about a similar card, same format, but the heading shows clearly it's for PR holders. He said 'we have some evidence of another card - an ID card for Permanent Residents of Thailand. He explained this politely, using different wording at least 10 times during the conversation. Her continuous reply: Non-Thai people cannot have a Thai ID card, never.

- My son also asked, what if he gets approval for citizenship and therefore receives a Thai passport? Her answer: totally not possible farang can never become Thai citizens.

- The family tabien baan book was on the table, she opened it and was shocked that my name was in the book. She asked my son, how my name was entered into the book. She also asked where the Thai personal ID number cam from (starting with 8). Every attempt by my son to explain it was met with 'I don't believe you, this is not allowed'.

Now realizing that she's not listening and doesn't want to listen, my son mentions politely that this card has been issued at many other amphur offices in Thailand. Her response, I don't believe you.

Son now mentions that the Amphur office at Prakanong has issued the card and the officer there has apparently offered to share details with other amphur offices, if they wish, and son wrote the Prakanong tel. no on a paper for her, and offered to use his phone. Her response, you are rude, and I don't want to waste their time, they are very busy in that office.

Officer now starts to look at other documents, completely different matter and talk about them to other staff.

We politely left.

SOME QUESTIONS:

1. Are there any TV members here in Chiang Mai with PM who now have the card? Would you mind sharing what office you made the application. If preferred perhaps could you send me a PM and a phone number and I could call you for a quick discussion at your convenience.

2. Has any TV member with PR, anywhere in Thailand, applied for this card and received it at any office outside of their own local amphur?

Very much appreciate anything you can please share and hopefully valuable to other members.

Thanks.