UN political chief criticizes Israel for new settlement plans

webfact

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back the OP, supposing the two state solution never happens and a "one state reality" is made permanent. What does that mean exactly for both Jews and Arabs? I really don't know.

The region and the world will never have peace again.

• Like 1

Back the OP, supposing the two state solution never happens and a "one state reality" is made permanent. What does that mean exactly for both Jews and Arabs? I really don't know.

The region and the world will never have peace again.

That's an easy prediction about the world ... always seems to be some wars going on.

About the region ... I'm no optimist but never is a long time!

Edited by Jingthing

"If pursued, these plans would once again raise grave doubts about Israel's commitment to achieving durable peace with the Palestinians as the new settlements threaten the very viability of the future State of Palestine," Feltman said.

They do not want peace , and they do not want a palestinian state , everybody knows by now ...!

What is it about stealing land and building settlements on it that Zionists don't understand? And if anybody disagrees they jump up and say it is because of anti-semitism. It has nothing to do with anti-semitism and everything to do with some respect for the international law and some decency towards humanity.

Nobody here has said just saying you're against building new west bank settlements makes you antisemitic.

"If pursued, these plans would once again raise grave doubts about Israel's commitment to achieving durable peace with the Palestinians as the new settlements threaten the very viability of the future State of Palestine," Feltman said.

They do not want peace , and they do not want a palestinian state , everybody knows by now ...!

The Palestinians do not want Israel to be a state ... everybody knows that.

• Like 1

Sweden did the right thing,rest of the Europa needs to follow and recognize Palestine.

No need to consult Israel, eh?bah.gif

Not sure what this "right thing" is supposed to be for, because it's certainly not at all helpful to bringing about a peaceful two state solution.

The most popular party in West Bank and Gaza is radical Jihadist terrorist Hamas and the majority of "Palestinians" are in favor of violence against Israel.

It's hilarious to me that European "liberal progressives" think doing the "right thing" is to give further international credibility to the incredibly non-progressive Hamas movement. Even funnier when Jews, gays, and feminist women fall for this trendy "Free Palestine River to the sea" Hamas movement, in other words wipe out Israel. Understood from Islamists, of course, welcome to Middle East politics.

This is a recipe for more war, much more war. Thank you very much, Sweden, and it's ilk.

Also while I don't agree with building more "settlements" people are deluding themselves if that actually believe that stopping new settlements would mean most Palestinians would magically recognize the right of Israel to exist as a Jewish state. The settlements issue is a crutch. Look at what happened when Israel left Gaza, did that bring peace? Duh.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

The so-called Palestine has never been a nation/state. The reason it isn't accepted is because it's a terrorist group. There was the PLO under Arafat and there is Hamas...

Try that one out on the UK or the US. Settle a bunch of terrorists on the border who lob rockets in and commit themselves to the destruction of the UK or US.

Now watch and see what happens.

• Like 1

The so-called Palestine has never been a nation/state. The reason it isn't accepted is because it's a terrorist group. There was the PLO under Arafat and there is Hamas...

Try that one out on the UK or the US. Settle a bunch of terrorists on the border who lob rockets in and commit themselves to the destruction of the UK or US.

Now watch and see what happens.

Do you know how the current State of Israel was formed?

Do you know how many British people and Palestinians were murdered by cowardly Jewish terrorists some of whom are revered as heros in Isreal and have never faced prison or sanction but we're clearly cowards and murderers.

Do you know Palestine was a state before modern Israel was even conceived yes a state with laws and rules and general peace where Christians, Arabs and Jews lived together without too much trouble at all, shared the resources and respected the law, under British rule.

I best tell you so everyone knows a little about how the current conflict originated and why there is hatred.

Prior to the establishment of Israel, Jewish terror against the British authority and Palestinian Arabs was carried out predominantly by two semi paramilitary organisations that supported Revisionist Zionist ideologies: Etzel (Irgun) and Lehi (Stern Gang). Both groups reflected the view of Zeev Jabotinsky that a sovereign Jewish state had to be created on both sides of the Jordan River, through violence or any means required.

Furthermore between 1939 and 1942, Etzel carried out over 60 terrorist attacks, killing more than 120 Palestinians and maiming hundreds more. In order to hasten British departure from Palestine. Significantly, Lehi operatives assassinated Lord Moyne, the minister resident in the Middle East, on November 6, 1944, in Cairo. On July 26, 1946, explosives planted by Etzel agents leveled the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, the administrative center of the British Mandatory authority, killing 91 Britons and injuring close to 500 people.

Who are the real terrorists? one mans terrorist is another mans hero and if someone had stolen my land, houses, farm, factory I might be a little more than just unhappy. Isreal always uses the rocket attacks as defence of its policies. However, in reality most of the rockets are little more than big fireworks that do little damage.

You might not like it but you can't re write history :-)

So you're posing as a scholar on Jewish terrorism? Dude, if you're going to COPY large blocks of text that you didn't write (perhaps some people were actually fooled that you did write all that, but of course you didn't) you do need to post the source of the ACTUAL author. Thank you, sir.

Also Palestine was NEVER a state. That is a BIG LIE Israel demonizers try to push. British Mandate Palestine was not the state of Palestine. It was British Mandate Palestine, a GEOPOLITICAL ENTITY (again NOT a state) and before that a much bigger area than modern Israel, West Bank, and Gaza was ruled by the OTTOMAN EMPIRE. BTW, the Hebrew name for British Mandate Palestine included the term E.Y. ... ERETZ YISRAEL. Duh!

Edited by Jingthing

Your correct is was part of the Ottoman Empire but was never Israel.

Who said it was?

But the Jewish people have a long history in those lands back to ancient Israel.

Before I addressed British Mandate Palestine which you seemed to suggest was a state of Palestine. But it was not. Again, there NEVER has been a Palestinian state.

Edited by Jingthing

Who said it was?

But the Jewish people have a long history in those lands back to ancient Israel.

Before I addressed British Mandate Palestine which you seemed to suggest was a state of Palestine. But it was not. Again, there NEVER has been a Palestinian state.

Dhoo, you inferred it was!

Yes the Jewish people do have some history in the lands but so do the Christians and Muslims.

• Like 1

Who said it was?

Dhoo, you inferred it was!

Yes the Jewish people do have some history in the lands but so do the Christians and Muslims.

No I did no such thing. Please stop with the blatant lying and while you're at it please place the SOURCE LINK for the text you posed as your own writing.

Everyone knows the modern state of Israel was created in the late 1940s.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes but not everyone knows about the terrorist acts that were carried out up to and including 1946. Are you denying the terrible murderous act at the St David's hotel by cowardly bombers? Or the assassinations that took place?

Stop with the troll baiting questions. Forget about any further responses. Again, you need to post SOURCE LINKS instead of acting like you have written long historical posts.

They are not troll bating anything just facts. And a question considering your opposition to Palestinian terrorism will you condemn the cowardly bombing of the St David's hotel, no you won't so are appearing selective in your definition of a terrorist act a cowardly bombing? I am happy to condemn all acts of terrorism carried out against innocent people including the innocent people killed by Hamas rockets.

Furthermore, you just don't seem to like facts about terrorist acts like the St David's hotel? Am I incorrect about them? If you can prove me wrong I will happily retract all my posts and apologise. However, It's no wonder you won't reply you know it's a fact and can not be disputed

I don't need to 'quote sources' you don't! do you in any of your posts? Significantly, in any case, it's common knowledge to anyone who knows the Middle East and how modern Israel was formed including the terrorists, and this is a forum not a dissertation.

Edited by japsportscarmad
  • Like 1

Who are the real terrorists? one mans terrorist is another mans hero

By your second statement, you answered your own question really. It all subjective, depending on location and circumstance. Meaning, I assume that while you have made it clear several times that you view the activities carried out during campaign of the Irgun and Lehi against British rule as 'cowardly terrorism', the various activities of Hamas' al Qassam Brigade, Islamic Jihad and others in their opposition to Israel are probably perceived by you as quite understandable (heroic, even) given the circumstances motivating them? Essentially, everybody is doing what they subjectively believe needs to be done, but everybody will face the consequences of the bed that they make for themselves. All have fingers crossed that their gambles will pay off, and that current decisions will be rewarded ten fold. It doesn't always work out well. Arab nationalists since the early 20s gambled many times by outright refusing proposed compromises and opportunities, in order to seek 100% perfection, and their gambles only landed them with a worsening situation today. By all means, they can carry on with the same stance but they will have to lie in the bed that they create for themselves in the process.