Indian Watch Hawkers

fey

Why not be rude? Who cares?

They also like to go stand in your way to get your attention, i don't walk around them but just follow my way and give them a bodyclash without looking. If they have problems with that they might feel what sport i did for 15 years but it never came that far luckily for them.

Wow what a sportsman." Body clash without looking". You are a super hero. I might add to the general audience that the people selling those frogs are from a tribe in the north and are short women, annoying maybe but hardly worth a body clash from the all mighty namdocmai.

• 2 weeks later...

for me it's not just hhe sales pitch. i have been in worse locations for that.

there's something pitiful / begging / laughing at you inwardly??? not sure exactly whst to call it about the indian guys that puts me off. they do make a good curry however.

Ignoring them normally works, but if they are persistent the an F.O normally gives them a clear message. Not seen many around to be honest thankfully, last time in Central Pattaya it was nearly every 15 minutes they are a bloody nuisance.

Yes ive seen them make a sale or atleast what seemed like a eager potential customer looking at the watches. Ive been rude to these guys, its the only way, they pester people until someone says a word and then they might have a opening... Its how they operate.

seems like they like to work as a tag team when possible.

he also wears a strong cheap cologne whilst displaying his wears (typically involves standing at your side whilst you are seated. known in some circles as male dominance positioning)..

(typically involves standing at your side whilst you are seated. known in some circles as male dominance positioning)..

How else are they going to do it if they approach you while you're sitting? Pull up a chair? Ask you to stand up?

well they could come from the side or from behind, to name just a few positions.

They may actually be Thai citizens.

Or more likely they are on a work visa (given out for business sales, specific to the Indian nationality of selling cheap suits no-one buys).

If they don't get out of your face a bold 4 letter word followed by 'off' usually does the trick. Follow up with an angry glare for added effects and off they go.

Edited by mitsubishi

Learn to say F..off.. in Russian....and....Just tell them...in a very broken English....that you only speaks Russian....

By the way..on my first trip to Chiang Mai a Thai guy offers me a very real looking Omega Seamaster Automatic wanted 3000thb for it. I shows him 400thb telling him that was all the money I had. He left...he comes back later. I got it..... and works wonderfully for the last 3 years and still going...

I really believe that most of the very expensive Zwiss and French watches are made in China now..specially the Quartz ones, working on batteries, I like watches very much, and some copies I saw in the market are amaizingly good.

I do not use my Omega very much, too heavy, and too real....some other kind of Thai guys may like to steal it.

Edited by umbanda

Why not be rude? Who cares?

They also like to go stand in your way to get your attention, i don't walk around them but just follow my way and give them a bodyclash without looking. If they have problems with that they might feel what sport i did for 15 years but it never came that far luckily for them.

Wow what a sportsman." Body clash without looking". You are a super hero. I might add to the general audience that the people selling those frogs are from a tribe in the north and are short women, annoying maybe but hardly worth a body clash from the all mighty namdocmai.

Around Soi 5,7 and 11 the same couple of guys go round and round just a straight no thanks and look away always works for me. No real need for F.O. But those northern tribe ladies with their frogs and funny hats. Got such old looking and lined faces with the nicest smile gets the tourists all the time for a bit of bargaining. Some of the women tourists love it.

Like everyone else says to just tell them you are not interested and keep walking or ignore them. One time i did have a little indian guy who kept walking in front of me and wouldn't take a "NO" for a answer. I just cursed him out in Hindi and he was shocked and left me alone.

Like everyone else says to just tell them you are not interested and keep walking or ignore them. One time i did have a little indian guy who kept walking in front of me and wouldn't take a "NO" for a answer. I just cursed him out in Hindi and he was shocked and left me alone.

In fact, the solutions for me was similar to dealing with stray dogs.

I used to have this same problem with many stray dogs on the way home and solved that problem forever. I got really angry at some a couple times (esp after they killed some kittens I was taking care of) and went after some of the aggressive ones.

From that time on they did not bother me seriously again (even different dogs, any dog, or even dogs in different cities!).

I guess a lot of it is me after all. Just mindset and those non-verbal ques you give off, or just being a little confused with a new sales pitch that they picked up on somehow.

The Indian watch hawkers seem to be like dogs and after you go after one the rest leave you alone. Like a sixth sense. They sure make a good curry though!

Edited by fey