Former Navy SEAL Team Member Investigated for Bin Laden Disclosures

webfact

Former Navy SEAL Team Member Investigated for Bin Laden Disclosures
By CHRISTOPHER DREW and NICHOLAS KULISH

NEW YORK: -- A former member of the Navy SEALs who wrote a best seller about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden is under criminal investigation for possibly disclosing classified material, according to federal officials and his lawyer.

The lawyer for the former SEALs member, Matt Bissonnette, said the investigation was focused on whether Mr. Bissonnette had disclosed classified information in the book “No Easy Day,” published under a pseudonym in 2012.

But other people familiar with the inquiry said investigators seemed more interested in paid speeches that Mr. Bissonnette, who says he was one of the members of the Navy’s SEAL Team 6 who shot Bin Laden, gave at corporate events.

They include at least one talk last year, at a golf club in Atlanta, in which audience members were asked to turn in their cellphones before he spoke so that nothing could be recorded, according to people who attended the event.

Mr. Bissonnette has apologized for failing to have the book vetted through the Pentagon’s required security review process.

Full story: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/31/us/former-navy-seal-matt-bissonnette-investigated-for-bin-laden-book.html

-- The New York Times 2014-10-31

This is part of the backroom fight being waged by America's elite Special Forces and the Obama administration. After the executive branch outted the SEALs as having taken out Bin Laden the SEALs came under direct threat. Later, a highly suspicious attack on nearly all the SEALs that participated in the Osama raid were killed. The degree of suggestion of impropriety was so great law suits were filed against the executive branch and dept of defense pretty much alleging the SEALs were turned over to the enemy to atone for taking out Bin Laden. A cursory search of the net will provide ample evidence that another dynamic is taking place with the SEALs, Indeed, Spec Ops have for the most part always practiced secrecy and silence. They're motto is "Quiet Professionals." There is some keen reason SEALs are now opening their mouths and it is unlikely it has to do with profit. SEALs never have a problem with employment and income later.

Normally, he would be told to shut up because he is in violation of x y z. He either has not been told this and is being persecuted or he has been told and still continues. Both speak to a greater underlying issue.

• Like 2

There is a joke that asks why do men cum too quick ? to run and tell his friends about it,

same with this fellow, I saw the movie they made about it and there when they got a situation

on their hands with the captive goat herders, they said: we have 3 choices, to kill them, to let them go

or to live them tied down here and maybe they will die, but really, the forth choice was to take them back to

the LZ and than let them go when the have safely boarded the helicopter to abort the mission and clear out,,

and thus coming out in one piece and safe, but will all know what their choice was that untimely led to their

demise, but hey, what do i know? I'm not a seal team sis member, right?

Edited by ezzra

There is a joke that asks why do men cum too quick ? to run and tell his friends about it,

same with this fellow, I saw the movie they made about it and there when they got a situation

on their hands with the captive goat herders, they said: we have 3 choices, to kill them, to let them go

or to live them tied down here and maybe they will die, but really, the forth choice was to take them back to

the LZ and than let them go when the have safely boarded the helicopter to abort the mission and clear out,,

and thus coming out in one piece and safe, but will all know what their choice was that untimely led to their

demise, but hey, what do i know? I'm not a seal team sis member, right?

I believe that was a different movie but I also thought the three choices (in that movie) they presumed to have were BS. I would have chosen a route similar to your idea.

However, I am unsure this Seal came quickly to tell his friends. It is generally not in Seal culture to do such things They have a considerable post military community were reputation still means a great deal. A seal doing this would seriously impair his reputation... unless what he was doing was for a greater purpose that most of the community could see. I am interested to see if you are correct.

This is part of the backroom fight being waged by America's elite Special Forces and the Obama administration. After the executive branch outted the SEALs as having taken out Bin Laden the SEALs came under direct threat. Later, a highly suspicious attack on nearly all the SEALs that participated in the Osama raid were killed. The degree of suggestion of impropriety was so great law suits were filed against the executive branch and dept of defense pretty much alleging the SEALs were turned over to the enemy to atone for taking out Bin Laden. A cursory search of the net will provide ample evidence that another dynamic is taking place with the SEALs, Indeed, Spec Ops have for the most part always practiced secrecy and silence. They're motto is "Quiet Professionals." There is some keen reason SEALs are now opening their mouths and it is unlikely it has to do with profit. SEALs never have a problem with employment and income later.

Normally, he would be told to shut up because he is in violation of x y z. He either has not been told this and is being persecuted or he has been told and still continues. Both speak to a greater underlying issue.

Did we met at Titties Bar yesternight?

Hypocritical.

Just after Bin Laden was shot dead, a proud US President 'explains' the Seals operation live on air.

Now how big of a secret keeper is that for all the wrong reasons?

So my opinion is this....

If the US wants its SF members to shut up, let them silence the big boss first!

• Like 2

British Andy mac nab has been fabricating things for years.

He's been a Fiction writer for many years!

Assuming he ever wrote an expose on the SAS,which is highly unlikely? using the SAS as a background for fiction is one thing,fact is completely different!

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2010/mar/15/andy-mcnab-sas-identity

Edited by MAJIC

British Andy mac nab has been fabricating things for years.

He's been a Fiction writer for many years!

Assuming he ever wrote an expose on the SAS,which is highly unlikely? using the SAS as a background for fiction is one thing,fact is completely different!

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2010/mar/15/andy-mcnab-sas-identity

Totally agree, He is not liked by the real professionals.

Edited by Thongkorn