Initial DNA test clears Koh Tao village headman's son of murder

webfact

BORISTHEBLADE

I completely agree with everything you said. I lived in Thailand for 9 years. And it got to the point where, I was not only gaining a dislike for the people there, but a hatred. They want your money, every one of them and couldnt care less if you dropped dead in the street.

Am I wrong for saying this? well Im afraid it works both ways, because they hate us, all of them.

The Police have made a complete mockery of this, why did it take 5 days for the DNA results of the suspects, yet 24 hours for this guy. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I left there 8 Months ago, and now stay in The Philippines, at least people there understand my point of view, with their knowledge of the English language, I just wish I had pissed off years ago.

I did learn enough Thai to get by, but English is the number one language in the world. But except for the bar girls who need it to get at your bak balance, they are lazy and refuse. They are going to wake up when the Asien comes into force next year, because all the Filipinos, Malaysians and even Burmese are going to take all the jobs off them, leaving them to build roads and condos for 400 baht a day. What Thailand needs is a war, it has never been occupied, and knows little about western standards. Most of them know little about Thai standards, If you happy stay where you are, I wasnt and got out. The Philippines is the same, keep your nose clean and there is nothing to fear. I got Mugged in the centre of Madrid hahaha

Good luck - you'll need it there. IMHO still the most dangerous and openly corrupt place I visit in Asia.

Edited by Baerboxer

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Thailand, the thing that worries me the most about this country is the younger generation. The older generation I find ok, most good, some bad as with any nationality. I find the older one's very tolerant to foreigners.

When it comes to the young....In my opinion there is a major problem. I come into contact with students near a large University, I find the attitude of the majority to be obnoxious going on hatred.

Again as in the the majority of the world the young generation turning it's back on religion, in Thailand that is a danger, for the religious beleifs kept people in check, especially in the family unit. With basically no enforcement of law you have a serious and growing problem, that must be addressed.

.Good post!!

But what do you expect from a generation, who spends 90% of their life on social media, and takes everything they read there as the gospel??

As for the "sacred " family unit, I have never been to a country with so many screwed up families!!

Behind the pretty facade, the dark side is always just around the corner.

Sorry about the mixed up quotes!!wai2.gif

Edited by JOC
  • Like 1

Some posters have been speculating on how long it would take to get from KT to Samui, right in a fast speedboat, and they are, usually twin 250 hp, you would get to Samui in under half an hour.

Fifteen mins to airport motorbike taxi and 6 pm flight , Bkk 7.20, college by 8.30.

Very do able indeed .

Why bib not check passenger list for that morn, also ask for the cctv footage from airport, scared what they might find, ok UK police you ask ,or is that asking for too much.

I believe though that it was reported that the speedboat was spotted further up the coast near Chompon, it had actually gone into a bay a turned out again as they spotted Pol on the shore.

Im only stating what was reported in the media at the time.

By dismissing all the other evidence , which most of us are aware of , the thai bib are making complete ................. of themselves, thats on a global perspective now , and yes channel 4 investigators would be welcome.

Some posters have been speculating on how long it would take to get from KT to Samui, right in a fast speedboat, and they are, usually twin 250 hp, you would get to Samui in under half an hour.

Fifteen mins to airport motorbike taxi and 6 pm flight , Bkk 7.20, college by 8.30.

Very do able indeed .

Why bib not check passenger list for that morn, also ask for the cctv footage from airport, scared what they might find, ok UK police you ask ,or is that asking for too much.

I believe though that it was reported that the speedboat was spotted further up the coast near Chompon, it had actually gone into a bay a turned out again as they spotted Pol on the shore.

By dismissing all the other evidence , which most of us are aware of , the thai bib are making complete ................. of themselves, thats on a global perspective now , and yes channel 4 investigators would be welcome.

Koh Tao to Samui: 70km, can you point me to a passenger speed boat that does over 150km/h? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Very do able indeed .

Koh Tao to Samui: 70km, can you point me to a passenger speed boat that does over 150km/h? rolleyes.gif

didn't you know ? its one of those F1 racing boats... LOL

but in all serious, a little over an hour is quite achievable on calm seas, (34nm) even doing it in two hours is a rather sedate 17kts, so you only looking for a boat that can do 25-30kts

30 minutes no way, a little over an hour certainly...thumbsup.gif

So what's the state of tourism on Ko Tao today? Are the foreigners pouring in again or not?

I'd really like to see a boycott of all the islands in Surat.

Its probably why the headmans son has come forward now.

Their losing business, so in their thinking, once they have cleared his name going public, the tourists will come flooding back.

• Like 1

Must be worth contacting ''The Guinness Book of records'' so as to confirm the result as the fastest ever conclusive D.N.A. test ever completed but possibly creative in its result(s)

So how did the test work? The various hospitals took samples from the guy themselves and tested them against samples given to them by the British? Or the police, who are accused of being not quite the ticket on this case, took samples of the guy themselves and meticulously cared for them in accordance with International Standards common to the Thai and British police forces who study from the same text books and are to all intents and purposes equally reliable incorruptible police forces, submitting these samples along with their own gathered 'evidence' from the most vigorously contained crime scene in history and samples taken by the local quack and stored alongside the local banana selling pancake non-translator's batter?

Probably something I between of course but nearer one end than the other. Independent tests from independently obtained samples by non-Thais needed for any credibility because no one believes the police or any other Thai authority at the moment through their own contradictory and ever changing propaganda.

Call me skeptical or a conspiracy theorist, but I think it is a little bit convenient that the headman's son's DNA is now in police possession, just when the police want to re-test the Burmese accused.

If the accused are re-tested and the result is "conclusive", I would have to wonder where the headman's son's sample was when the Burmese samples were tested. Sitting in the same lab, by any chance?

Nom's DNA is not in police possession. This DNA test is not part of the police "investigation". This is a test that the "headman" bought for his son, same as if you were to purchase a DNA paternity test at the hospital. The results will not be admitted as evidence, although police/legal reps may make statements about them. Neither the procedures used to test, the chain of custody, the actual results or anything else about this test will be released, other than the photos of Nom with a cotton swab in his mouth surrounded by senior police and Nom's daddy. The hospital will not release the results and they will never be seen by anyone other than the headman. Another act in this very dark comedy.

Living in Thailand, the thing that worries me the most about this country is the younger generation. The older generation I find ok, most good, some bad as with any nationality. I find the older one's very tolerant to foreigners.

When it comes to the young....In my opinion there is a major problem. I come into contact with students near a large University, I find the attitude of the majority to be obnoxious going on hatred.

Again as in the the majority of the world the young generation turning it's back on religion, in Thailand that is a danger, for the religious beleifs kept people in check, especially in the family unit. With basically no enforcement of law you have a serious and growing problem, that must be addressed.

BORISTHEBLADE

I completely agree with everything you said. I lived in Thailand for 9 years. And it got to the point where, I was not only gaining a dislike for the people there, but a hatred. They want your money, every one of them and couldnt care less if you dropped dead in the street.

Am I wrong for saying this? well Im afraid it works both ways, because they hate us, all of them.

The Police have made a complete mockery of this, why did it take 5 days for the DNA results of the suspects, yet 24 hours for this guy. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I left there 8 Months ago, and now stay in The Philippines, at least people there understand my point of view, with their knowledge of the English language, I just wish I had pissed off years ago.

Even more dangerous, is that their god is now ...money.

It matters very little and we still won't accept this ridiculous attempt; a charade. We have no transparency in the case whatsoever...anything could of been exchanged, covered-up, and staged. Given the history of corruption with the police and mafia-type connections...sorry I do not believe (including Thai people-decent folk to say) any outcome as toted by these local Thai authorities. It would be incredibly naive and erroneous to do so.

What is to be done with this incredible amount of corruption...people seem to be afraid to come forward...when is it enough? These criminals will not stop unless decent people come forward to expose them. Could be your wife, husband son, daughter ending-up in a similar fashion as the two Koh Tao victims..would any of you like to be in the position the families of the two victims are in? My goodness people, how much is enough?

Let us do away with these criminals once and for all...once you know who they are in any part of Thailand..boycott their businesses, expose them on the net, report illegal activities (if not to the police)- again put it on the net...expose, expose, expose them. Since money is their god, cut-off their sources. In a theological term, they are luciferian-parasites..nothing more.

"they are luciferian-parasites..nothing more." wai2.gifwai.gif

thumbsup.gif

I would add: Evil Incarnate.

• Like 1

So many theories, not a tiny bit of proof one way or the other - my theory is he didn't have sex with her, but he certainly could have had his gang take care of it Money buys loyalty - he was dissed by the girl, the hubbie disrespected him and they took care of it for the boss. Do you know how easy it is to manipulate a security video date on an image, takes seconds, not minutes............Ho hum this will be the last you hear from me on this subject, I am moving on.coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Moving on to what?..the next gruesome murder? How about contributing to putting a stop these criminals once and for all...unless drinking coffee and reading the paper every day is the ho-hum thing to do?

Does anyone else have an advert "Koh Tao, Romantic Heaven," at the top of the page.

Check it out, PARADISE on earth!

I prefer Pattaya, know the mafia control the place!

I am Bangkok, our mafia deal in big stuff! Also have brown uniforms!

At least now we know how long it takes a corrupt government to try and cover up a crime, fail and find patsies, almost fail at that and then plant DNA or falsify results. 99% of the world doesn't believe you Thailand, and I am sure a large amount of those people will not forget this incident.

99%??? Really? What orifice did that statistic come from?
Incorrect. I believe it is 99.9999% and it comes from social media.

LOL

Yes of course!

99.9999%

Perhaps 5%??

BORISTHEBLADE

God Money. wai2.gifwai.gif

BORISTHEBLADE

God Money. wai2.gifwai.gif

Been debating posting that for a week! Well done you. The good thing about that is I have been revisiting their amazing discography and I have watched their awesome appearance at Lollapalooza on YouTube (worth it even if you are not a fan just for the show!).

• Like 1

Son of Koh Tao headman 'cleared by DNA test'

Khanathit Srihirundaj

The Nation

...in front of the media - so as to boost public confidence in the police handling of the case. They were trying to clear public scepticism about their handling of the case

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-11-01

This is the problem with Police; they care more about face than finding the truth.

It's just as much to do with tourism and loss of revenue. It's Thailands achilles heel and this is what needs to be attacked if you want real change, money talks..

Its probably why the headmans son has come forward now.

Their losing business, so in their thinking, once they have cleared his name going public, the tourists will come flooding back.

---EDIT--- This time the quoting system really has gone spastic. The system has lost the username I am quoting. Sorry poster. ---END EDIT---

Which is exactly why the same lack of tourist attention needs to continue. We know that they are feeling the squeeze (or they wouldn't be staging this act). It is very sad for the other people on Koh Tao but you can be sure that the family are telling people that they'll fix it. I wonder what kind of heated village meeting that was and how long it will be until somebody says "Whatever, we're all going to talk". The answer to that is as quickly as the family's money (and therefore attraction) runs out. The way they're spending their money it won't be long. Keep holding on. This high season just go to other places in Thailand. We really don't want Thailand broken....in fact we want it fixed as a "Thank you" to our wonderful, and most benign and loving, hosts.

On a moral level I would rather see a business go mistakenly broke than 2 people wrongly accused and a group of sadistic murderers walking free. Businesses can be started again, lives can't.

A kind poster has contacted me to express their support to this message. What I would like to make clear now is that I am suggesting no further action, none is needed. As I have said before everything has been played. I doubt my words will have an effect on tourism, that has been done by the official line from the UK government and the, almost, daily coverage in the UK press is already having (particularly on insurance premiums on certain demographics).

I have my views but it is outside my power to actually know what has happened. I'm pretty sure that things aren't as they are being presented and the only hope we have to that being solved is to wait until January. I know it will be tough but people need to understand that there is little more that can be done here. The UK population has this in their hands, I believe, and the upcoming general election in the UK could have more power on the political process in Thailand than any protest, coup or election has.

I don't think this is over but the people concerned in Thailand do. The only bluff they have left is to push for a quick trial but the prosecutors seem to be pushing back on this making me think that they lack true conviction/evidence. What is very apparent is that communication between the various bodies involved in Thailand appears to be scant. Each entity appears to be making their own decisions, announcements and judgements. We are just going to have to live with that. Rest assured that the UK has noticed (and they noticed the change in tack on return by the PM). I think the UK is playing the long game, I have to remain faithful in their conclusions.

In short, it is time to sit on your hands and be patient. This is going to be a long game. The only thing that will speed it up is the Thai prosecutors and they are still waiting.

• Like 1

What happened to the CCTV footage that TOP COP said Mon and Nomsod where caught on. Why would he say that. Of course being caught on CCTV is not a crime nor does it mean they committed rape or murder but where's that footage. Shouldn't he be the first guy Headman goes after.. Why would a top cop lie about that... Wheres that tape... Must be in police possession somewhere. Why not show that tape.. Just doesn't sound right does it. What was Top Cop thinking..

I look forward to the day the headman attempts to bring a lawsuit on a farrang for libel. The outcry would be tremendous and the international community support would be united in its outcry.

However he knows this and so will not, but he may try on some of the Thai nationals and if this happens then the same sort of support for them should be given!

He needs to know he will never be looked on the same nor will his family, they are now labeled and the Koh Tao bubble has burst forever.

Without doubt there are already reporters and potential script writers here preparing the first of many international documentaries on this disgraceful episode that left 2 innocent people dead.

No reason for him not to bring cases against foreign nationals in Thailand.

Particularly those who violated the law after being made aware of it. International outcry? Foreigners have been found guilty of LM laws in closed court with no international outcry.

I look forward to the day the headman attempts to bring a lawsuit on a farrang for libel. The outcry would be tremendous and the international community support would be united in its outcry.

However he knows this and so will not, but he may try on some of the Thai nationals and if this happens then the same sort of support for them should be given!

He needs to know he will never be looked on the same nor will his family, they are now labeled and the Koh Tao bubble has burst forever.

Without doubt there are already reporters and potential script writers here preparing the first of many international documentaries on this disgraceful episode that left 2 innocent people dead.

No reason for him not to bring cases against foreign nationals in Thailand.

Particularly those who violated the law after being made aware of it. International outcry? Foreigners have been found guilty of LM laws in closed court with no international outcry.

Really lets wait and see who's correct on this one then.

Does anyone else have an advert "Koh Tao, Romantic Heaven," at the top of the page.

Check it out, PARADISE on earth!

I prefer Pattaya, know the mafia control the place!

I am Bangkok, our mafia deal in big stuff! Also have brown uniforms!

No, I've got one for penis reduction.